The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday December 1st, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Just a quick note to say we made it home a little more than an hour ago.  Everything went smoothly, and DH is able to move around the house with no problems using the walker for safety.   He's resting while I get everything put away.  Now, we're waiting for the home health nurse to come this afternoon for the an evaluation of what we need with therapy and health care. 

I'll read the rest of the Daily later.

Lenda

Woo hoo!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Just a quick note to say we made it home a little more than an hour ago.  Everything went smoothly, and DH is able to move around the house with no problems using the walker for safety.   He's resting while I get everything put away.  Now, we're waiting for the home health nurse to come this afternoon for the an evaluation of what we need with therapy and health care. 

Lenda

That is great news.I hope you both have a good night.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🙏🙏

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda, great news that DH is home with you.  Happy to hear the nurse was coming to do an evaluation, and I hope tonight is a more restful night for both of you.

My DH and I relaxed on the ship today because our arrival timein Manaus was noon and everyone was trying to get to shore for their excursions.  We will make a tender trip over tomorrow and walk around a bit.  Hope to get a look at the Opera House.

I had an email from my neighbors about some mail, etc. and she had more bad news in our little neighborhood.  Another gentleman had an accident at home and died (third death in four months).  She had early reports that he was on a ladder and fell, hitting his head on a brick wall surrounding their patio but she cautioned that more details could fill out the story more accurately as this had just happened.  I certainly hope there are no more of these tragedies anywhere near our neighborhood for a long, long time.😢

• Like 6
  • Thanks 13

A quick update before I need to start supper.  

DH has really surprised both of us.  He is doing so much better than even yesterday.  The nurse was impressed, and did not think he would need the full time allotted for therapy.  Hope that is true.  

He has been able to do things today that he hasn't done since before the first surgery.  Also, he has been doing some exercises, not the three hours as in rehab, but still exercising. 

The therapist is supposed to call tomorrow to set up an appoint for early next week.  Then we will know the schedule, which is usually three times a week.

Thank you all who cheered the news DH is home, and all who gave us support the last almost two months.

9 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning everyone. My DH ‘s family was from Romania and we will celebrate independence here. World AIDS  Day is so important. I still vividly recall how awful it was in the beginning of the crisis when there were so many sick and dying AIDS patients. 
Tana has been diagnosed with pneumonia and the nurse started her on I V antibiotics  yesterday, I stayed with her last night as her breathing was more difficult than usual. The Hospice workers and nurses are truly wonderful people.

My hip situation is causing a lot of pain and difficulty walking. The MRI explained why and I am just glad there were no fractures or masses. I cannot get the dogs outside easily so that task has fallen to my DD and DSIL. I am just hoping that the surgeon will be able to replace the hip fairly soon.

Thanks  to all who offered their support. It really helps!

Terry, I'm so sorry Tana has pneumonia again.  I hope the IV antibiotics help and she feels better soon.  I'm also sorry your are facing hip replacement surgery, but hope it can happen soon.  One of our neighbors had hip replacement a few months ago, and was home the same day.  She is doing great.

7 hours ago, NextOne said:

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!

I'm sorry I haven't been online for a while -- life hit me sideways in November, with health issues, family concerns, and the need to buy a new car when my old one died unexpectedly (first time I had to do that on my own)! But I didn't want to whine & I'll be back soon with a better attitude!

In the meantime, thanks to all that keep this thread going and keeping it a warm, comforting & friendly spot!

Edi

Edi, I'm sorry you are dealing with all those issues, and I hope December is a lot better for you.  Remember, we are here for each other no matter the circumstances, so if you need to whine, do so.

6 hours ago, lindaler said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit. I am so excited that it is December. I can start my count down now to my cruise. 16 days from today I will fly to FL and on the 17th board the Volendam. So excited. 

Thanks Rich and everyone who makes this thread a good place to be. 

Enjoy the cruise countdown and all the planning.  Then, have a great cruise.

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Thursday. I don’t think we’ll have outside lights this year. It’s gotten too hard for Craig to do with his back problems. We like to watch the Great Christmas Light Fight, so we’ll do that instead. 

Pass on the mustard glazed meatloaf. I’m making the smoked spatchcock chicken today. I have it brining and will put a rub on it before putting it on the grill. 

Have a great day today!

Sharon, this year, I just could not make myself get on the ladder and hang the Christmas lights.  Instead, there is a lighted garland on the porch outlining the house.  Tomorrow, I'm going to put some lights on the bushes.  

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda, great news that DH is home with you.  Happy to hear the nurse was coming to do an evaluation, and I hope tonight is a more restful night for both of you.

My DH and I relaxed on the ship today because our arrival timein Manaus was noon and everyone was trying to get to shore for their excursions.  We will make a tender trip over tomorrow and walk around a bit.  Hope to get a look at the Opera House.

I had an email from my neighbors about some mail, etc. and she had more bad news in our little neighborhood.  Another gentleman had an accident at home and died (third death in four months).  She had early reports that he was on a ladder and fell, hitting his head on a brick wall surrounding their patio but she cautioned that more details could fill out the story more accurately as this had just happened.  I certainly hope there are no more of these tragedies anywhere near our neighborhood for a long, long time.😢

Sandi, I'm sorry about your neighbor.  That is just terrible news, and too many deaths in the neighborhood lately.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Back from the Doctor's.  She told me to stop what I am currently using and thinks it is a bacterial infection.  She ordered 2 prescriptions which are currently listed by the pharmacy as "In Process".  Depending on the timing when ready I'll pick them up either today or tomorrow.

Went to the pharmacy between 4 and 5 and picked up the meds, an antibiotic and a topical cream.  Took the first antibiotic pill and will aply the cream late this evening.  Both are for 7 days and if they don't work she wants to refer me to a Dermatologist.

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

Good afternoon everyone, 

I came home from seeing DH as it hasn't gotten above freezing today and I wanted to be off the roads! I went in today mainly because of his Care Conference. They are starting to discuss him coming home but no date yet. Progress. They also got the okay to take off the big heavy boot! The two deep tissue injuries are still there. The smaller one is seeing some healing but the other bigger one is slower to heal. I was able to talk to a person on the Wound Care team yesterday and that was helpful. I'd been trying for a few weeks to get in communication with them as they only come in on Wednesday and are gone by 9:00 AM! Anyway, the person who called answered my questions and I was able to provide information and background so a successful call. 

Yesterday DH was wonderful. He did 60 feet in the parallel bars and, for the first time, walked with the walker and did 59 feet. He's one tired guy today. 

DS checked the outside lights a few weeks ago on a nice day so I was able to simply plug them in and set the timer. The tree is up and has lights on it but that's as far as I've gotten. This afternoon is getting gifts wrapped to take to BC on Saturday when my friend and I go see my Mom. My tradition is to watch the Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen as I wrap so #1 is ready to put in the DVD player. 

Have any of you tried Crumbl cookies? They are new to our area and I've been told they are delicious, rich, and a bit on the pricey side. 

Enjoy the evening. 

Karen

• Like 18

4 hours ago, kazu said:

August is not bad as far as storms go.  There’s a small risk but it’s usually past mid August and they are just tropicals and usually not severe - so you should be ok 🤞  It’s usually September that gets worrisome - around the 9th.  I lucked out with DH’s Celebration of Life (I did have an alternate date).  Literally days after there was a major storm.  😥 

Caveat - not a weatherman just speaking from personal experience 😉 

Thanks for the clarification, Jacqui.  Our cruise goes on to Greenland and Iceland as well and we are so excited about it.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am so sorry, Sandi.  There does seem to be a lot of tragedy in your neighborhood.  I hope this is the end of it.

5 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon everyone, 

I came home from seeing DH as it hasn't gotten above freezing today and I wanted to be off the roads! I went in today mainly because of his Care Conference. They are starting to discuss him coming home but no date yet. Progress. They also got the okay to take off the big heavy boot! The two deep tissue injuries are still there. The smaller one is seeing some healing but the other bigger one is slower to heal. I was able to talk to a person on the Wound Care team yesterday and that was helpful. I'd been trying for a few weeks to get in communication with them as they only come in on Wednesday and are gone by 9:00 AM! Anyway, the person who called answered my questions and I was able to provide information and background so a successful call. 

Yesterday DH was wonderful. He did 60 feet in the parallel bars and, for the first time, walked with the walker and did 59 feet. He's one tired guy today. 

DS checked the outside lights a few weeks ago on a nice day so I was able to simply plug them in and set the timer. The tree is up and has lights on it but that's as far as I've gotten. This afternoon is getting gifts wrapped to take to BC on Saturday when my friend and I go see my Mom. My tradition is to watch the Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen as I wrap so #1 is ready to put in the DVD player. 

Have any of you tried Crumbl cookies? They are new to our area and I've been told they are delicious, rich, and a bit on the pricey side. 

Enjoy the evening. 

Karen

I think the White Rabbits were working overtime for you and DH.   Great news!

The rabbits were working for me today.   I found my jewelry that had been missing since the move.  It was safely hidden in an inside pocket of my carry on bag.  I'd only checked the bag two times previously.  I also successfully got my auto insurance transferred over and had my name added to the homeowners insurance.   And, I was able to get in for a haircut tomorrow - the hair is getting shaggy!   And I have a pedicure scheduled.  Couldn't get in there until January 4th, but I am in!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

Thanks for the clarification, Jacqui.  Our cruise goes on to Greenland and Iceland as well and we are so excited about it.

You should be ok - or at least that’s my best guess 😉 

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

I found my jewelry that had been missing since the move.  It was safely hidden in an inside pocket of my carry on bag.  I'd only checked the bag two times previously.  I also successfully got my auto insurance transferred over and had my name added to the homeowners insurance.

Yay on finding the jewelry!  Definitely a white rabbit day for you along with the other successes 👍 

18 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon everyone, 

It sounds like a lot of good progress, Karen 👍. And yay on that big boot coming off 👏. I know all too well how cumbersome they are.

Prayers for continued improvement and the solution to the the 2 deep tissue injuries 🙏🏻 

51 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Went to the pharmacy between 4 and 5 and picked up the meds, an antibiotic and a topical cream.  Took the first antibiotic pill and will aply the cream late this evening.  Both are for 7 days and if they don't work she wants to refer me to a Dermatologist.

Roy

I hope the cream and antibiotics help, Roy 🙏🏻 

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Another gentleman had an accident at home and died (third death in four months).  She had early reports that he was on a ladder and fell, hitting his head on a brick wall surrounding their patio but she cautioned that more details could fill out the story more accurately as this had just happened.  I certainly hope there are no more of these tragedies anywhere near our neighborhood for a long, long time.😢

How sad, Sandi 😢.  I am so sorry to hear this 😔 Prayers for him and his family 🙏🏻 

And that’s why I am not getting on a ladder unless someone is hear while I do it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for today's reports and best wishes to all

Big freeze here right now, feeling it working outdoors.  Just brought in the now solid hummingbird feeders so they have something warm to eat in the morning.

Lights up, tree comes in this weekend.  Hmmm might have to consider those permanent light.  Finished all my Christmas shopping yesterday, first time ever so early.

World Aids Day.  What a horrible disease, very lucky I never knew anyone who caught it.  Remember the early days though.  A local hospital I regularly support made huge contributions to the therapies still in use today.  This year they are asking for funds to support remote diagnostics to distant communities along with ongoing other research.

Good night to all and here's to a Happy DECEMBER  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, lobsternight said:

Thank you for today's reports and best wishes to all

Big freeze here right now, feeling it working outdoors.  Just brought in the now solid hummingbird feeders so they have something warm to eat in the morning.

Lights up, tree comes in this weekend.  Hmmm might have to consider those permanent light.  Finished all my Christmas shopping yesterday, first time ever so early.

World Aids Day.  What a horrible disease, very lucky I never knew anyone who caught it.  Remember the early days though.  A local hospital I regularly support made huge contributions to the therapies still in use today.  This year they are asking for funds to support remote diagnostics to distant communities along with ongoing other research.

Good night to all and here's to a Happy DECEMBER  

We’re freezing next door to you in Alberta, minus 40 windchill tonight.  Fahrenheit and Celsius are the same,  our DS is in lotus land right now,   And we know how not fun snow is on the coast!  

Go for the permanent lights, they look amazing and can be programmed in zillions of ways.   We sure are loving them!  And no more ladders!  

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We’re freezing next door to you in Alberta, minus 40 windchill tonight.  Fahrenheit and Celsius are the same,  our DS is in lotus land right now,   And we know how not fun snow is on the coast!  

Go for the permanent lights, they look amazing and can be programmed in zillions of ways.   We sure are loving them!  And no more ladders!  

Oh God we saw a snowflake in Vancouver, we are going to die!  Heard some nasty commute stories today. Feeling for you and the windchill, may hit -12 tonight.

Going to look into those lights, I have a high peak roof i would like to light up. Any suggestions of where to look?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lobsternight said:

Oh God we saw a snowflake in Vancouver, we are going to die!  Heard some nasty commute stories today. Feeling for you and the windchill, may hit -12 tonight.

Going to look into those lights, I have a high peak roof i would like to light up. Any suggestions of where to look?

Thanks!  We’ve experienced the snow and ice a couple of times in Vancouver,  the driving is the issue,argh!  

We went with gemstone lights,  we liked their ratings and warranty.  We have a peaked roof too and are very pleased.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

I'm happy for you both that Steve is home and recovering well.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news about your neighbour Sandi.

Prayers 🙏 and condolences for his family.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

🤞Good luck this works Roy.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 0106 said:

@Oceansaway17 I had the same question when I started reading the Daily.

The phrase rabbit rabbit is a long-held superstition thought to bring about good luck. But it's not to be uttered just any old random day. Rather, if you say it on the first day of the month before any other words come out of your mouth, then luck is thought to be coaxed your way.88B701C4-668A-4BD6-8384-155E9E29B4C8.jpeg.2217c750a277ce27550aa34a5285a048.jpeg

Aw ok so 12 times a year we have a chance.

thanks

• Like 3
  • Haha 1