The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday December 2nd, 2022

richwmn

Today is Faux Fur Friday, National Bartender Day, and World Pollution Prevention Day

If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.--Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

Meal Suggestion for today - Peppercorn Pork Chops
Drink of the Day - Sauza Blue
Wine of the Day - Concha y Toro 2019 Casillero del Diablo Reserva Carmenère (Central Valley) Chil
Destination of the Day - Callao (Lima), Peru

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Puerto Limon, Costa Rica eta 12/03

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 12/03

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Nassau, Bahamas eta 12/3

Nieuw Statendam

Freeport, Bahamas

Oosterdam

Pisco, Puerto General San Martin, Peru 07:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 12/03

Volendam

Manaus, Brazil - 2:00pm

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Takoradi, Ghana eta 12/04

Zuiderdam

Dry Dock Freeport, Bahamas Completion 12/14

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Fremantle, Perth, Western Australia - 13:00

Westerdam

Melbourne, Australia 8:00 AM -

1202World.thumb.png.ca1bac826e8c47b1ab499cfd3feaac4e.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A big thank you to bartenders, especially the ones on BHB.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'm sure the drink and wine will be tasty too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 20

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

We had a nice breakfast this morning.

3 interesting days and a good quote.

Nice food not sure about the drink.

I hope everyone is well and have a good day.

Graham.

IMG_20221202_081935.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 26

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Nice day again, sunny and cool right now but low 80s later in the afternoon.

The quote makes sense.

Good selection of days.

I'll have the pork chops.

Heading to the course this AM but only to the range, Fridays are Men's Golf Association days with usually a one day tournament but today and next Friday they are having a 2 day tournament and since we will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam next week I had to bow out.

I think we will drive over to Fort Lauderdale a day early and leave tomorrow,  we feel more refreshed on embarkation day that way.

Thanks for The Daily, everyone stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 24

9 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Happy Friday everyone.  It’s cold here this morning 34F, perfect day to wear your fuax fur!  A salute to bartenders everywhere especially on our BHBs.  We should all do our part to prevent pollution today and every day. Interesting quote. The meal suggestion sounds tasty.  I haven’t been to today’s port, someday maybe.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 15

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good.  I certainly celebrated bartenders while on the NA.  Today’s work schedule includes lots of training on a new system for customers to report issues.  wishing everyone a good day today.
image.thumb.png.37c4913f0263f066d6735e0a747f2280.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Thank you for the TGIF Fleet Report and Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the Faux Fir and don't really see a lot of bartenders since I don't drink but will celebrate pollution prevention.  I love the Riordan quote and have been to Lima several times, I think on the Crystal Symphony, Prinsendam, and Zaandam.  The Pork Chops sound nice.  My alternative is Apple and Pear Gazpacho, Grazed short ribs with roasted garlic cloves, and Key Lime and white chocolate tart as served on MS Prinsendam December 2, 2013.

It's too early to tell but I think the new meds are helping.

Today’s care list:

RIP Jazzyv BFF dad 11/27/22 Funeral 12/3
Mamaofami grandson with Covid and Carol possibly exposed
Tana with pneumonia
Smitty34877 waiting for hip replacement
Ichiban Nekko DH in Florida hospital
From the rotation:
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal
Crabbbi Patti dealing with Dad’s dimentia
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

luvterching DH doing great in rehab
Work started on Terri’s house
Quartzite Cruizer DH doing great at home
2 days for Mister67 (Nieuw Amsterdam 12/4 to 12/11)
1 days for Dobiemom (Discovery Princess 12/3 to 12/10)
Bon Voyage
Himself (Nieuw Statendam 11/26 to 12/3), Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS  to 12/9) ,SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/12)  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Very mild this morning with a big marine layer that has yet to burn off. The squirrels of the neighborhood were everywhere yesterday, obviously gathering their nuts before our 10 days of winter arrive. 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Hope the new treatment works for you. Just one gym class today. Then rug cleaning, Bindi walks and finally a local community group’s winter concert that has been on hiatus because of COVID. Dinner out at an amazing Portuguese grill first - with wine, of course. 

09721DCC-DDCD-45A0-9087-79E0E7FCD08D.jpeg.b8ef6e665a7640592e0f6ef3a9a534c0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, clearly the power of being home has worked for Steve!  

Stay well everyone!

Concha y Toro 2019 Casillero del Diablo Reserva Carmenère (Central Valley) Chile

All vintages of this wine have very good reviews from consumers and critics. A bit elusive online, it appears to be widely available at brick & mortar stores. I found it online for $7.99.

88 Wine Enthusiast 

Spicy, minty green notes are a big part of this Carmenère's blackberry and black plum aromas. A full and solid palate is round and generous. Mint and blackberry flavors blend with peppery notes that spice up the finish.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good morning to all,

I’m sorry for my absence for the last two days.  Each day I started out reading the Daily.  Then stuff happened and I never was able to return. I have to catch up on what is going on with everyone.

As for the house, there are some disappointments.  Work has not yet started.  I was told that I have to choose different flooring because the color I wanted will not be available until February.  Well, I am beginning to think that what difference does that make at the rate we are going.  I did talk to the contractor, who said that he is coordinating the work crews and work will be starting shortly.

I was able to order the ottoman to coordinate with the furniture.  I like the idea of a wooden tray.

For the last two days I was sitting in my house with no internet and no TV or anything waiting for a package that needed a signatiure.  Hence the reason for no posts. 

We are trying to wrap up all that we need to do in the next few days before we leave for our cruise next Wednesday.  We board the Nautica for 18 days on Dec. 10.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report. 

Interesting days.  I like the meal and the quote.  I have been to Callao/Lima.  Also used that port as the jumping off point for a three-day off the ship tour to Manchu Picchu.  A wonderful experience.

Thank you to Roy for the lists and prayers especially to those who are sick and having difficulties.

Prayers for all of them.  

Cheers to those who are celebrating and cruising.  Enjoy!

Have a great day everyone

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

I will happily celebrate bartenders - especially on BHB’s and wish World Pollution Prevention was every day.

Love today’s quote. Concha y Toro makes some decent wine - remember all wine in moderation.

E135A176-2468-49F3-8015-D73C076E8DA7.thumb.jpeg.dca68773015e1f6e955dd96ad773f3c4.jpeg

A frosty, brr-y day here until the next rain tomorrow.  After that, it’s solid snow from the looks of things.

@Cruzin TerriSorry to hear about the house delays - it’s a good thing that you are leaving on a cruise soon.  You need a break from all of this.  It sounds like you might need to stock up on this for your return:

CC47D3F7-6430-4C03-BB8A-884DA466C8F6.jpeg.3ed3321bfcda04bd682817cd560431d7.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

508FFEAA-ACB6-4FB3-B299-CCA00BAEA412.jpeg.3abe038602d3ff90f0463e960355cb14.jpeg

Have a great Friday everyone and stay safe.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Good morning all. Thanks Rich and all that contribute to the Daily. It is still cold here. I'm hoping to get some warm days to get the yard done before I leave. It recommends temps of 60 or above for best results. Sun is just peaking up and lighting my deck and the coffee just finished. Time for a cup.  

• Like 23

51 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Nice day again, sunny and cool right now but low 80s later in the afternoon.

The quote makes sense.

Good selection of days.

I'll have the pork chops.

Heading to the course this AM but only to the range, Fridays are Men's Golf Association days with usually a one day tournament but today and next Friday they are having a 2 day tournament and since we will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam next week I had to bow out.

I think we will drive over to Fort Lauderdale a day early and leave tomorrow,  we feel more refreshed on embarkation day that way.

Thanks for The Daily, everyone stay well and have a great day.

Mister 67,  We also drive tomorrow to PE to board the NS tomorrow. If you are at Exit 161 at the Pilot gas station at 8 am I will buy you a cup of coffee. Happy cruising both to PE and on board the NA!

• Like 13

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm all about faux fur, we celebrated several bartenders on the Oosterdam last month, and every day should be pollution prevention day.

Holy ice cubes, Batman!  Someone must have really ticked Mother Nature off because she's angry . . . right now it's -31C with a slight wind bringing the wind chill to -41C.  Yes, that's the same in Fahrenheit.  C-o-l-d.  Will definitely have both fireplaces going today!  It's just about time to break out the down filled pantyhose and polyester stuffed ties to keep us warm!

@Quartzsite CruiserI'm so happy to hear Steve has come home and is doing so well!

@rafinmdI'm glad that the medications seem to be working; that must be very uncomfortable!

Not a lot going on today - it's a good day to stay home - so will likely make a first batch of Christmas Crack, as we went out yesterday and bought the popcorn twists.  I made and bagged the Nuts & Bolts and they're safely ensconced in a large Rubbermaid tub on the deck until I start dividing them up into smaller bags for giving.  The same will happen with the Christmas Crack once it's all done.

I like today's menu suggestion, but it's Friday night, so we'll be checking the online menus to see what appeals to us and will order in to dine at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all who have celebrations going on.  Stay well, be safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

I will happily celebrate bartenders - especially on BHB’s and wish World Pollution Prevention was every day.

Love today’s quote. Concha y Toro makes some decent wine - remember all wine in moderation.

E135A176-2468-49F3-8015-D73C076E8DA7.thumb.jpeg.dca68773015e1f6e955dd96ad773f3c4.jpeg

A frosty, brr-y day here until the next rain tomorrow.  After that, it’s solid snow from the looks of things.

@Cruzin TerriSorry to hear about the house delays - it’s a good thing that you are leaving on a cruise soon.  You need a break from all of this.  It sounds like you might need to stock up on this for your return:

CC47D3F7-6430-4C03-BB8A-884DA466C8F6.jpeg.3ed3321bfcda04bd682817cd560431d7.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

508FFEAA-ACB6-4FB3-B299-CCA00BAEA412.jpeg.3abe038602d3ff90f0463e960355cb14.jpeg

Have a great Friday everyone and stay safe.

But it's such a cute dog, just a large Boston Terrier.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

Good morning friends!  Not as much sleep as usual due to tender noise keeping me up.  The tenders ran until 11:30 last night and started up again this morning at 5 am.  So with putting them away after midnight and getting them back down before 5 am there was a lot of clunking and banging going on!  Tonight's last tender is 8 pm and we leave port tomorrow, Saturday at 8 am so all should be quieter.

We will go over to Manaus a little later after the hubbub has died down.  We hope it won't rain, and that it seems safe enough to walk to the Opera house.  It will be very hot and humid again today, but at least our cabin is like an ice cube!

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Fleet Report and Daily.  Also thanks to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care list.  Prayers for all involved and my neighbor Walter who passed this week.  Cheers to our Celebration list!

I have searched but don't see Callao (Lima), Peru listed as a previous destination.  I know I have been there several times, first time being 2012, second in 2015 on Ruby Princess with Lenda and Steve.  After that I cannot say because some websites are not working on the ship's WiFi so I can't look it up.  Also can't retrieve photos from Shutterfly so hopefully someone else can provide photos.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@StLouisCruisers I'm wondering why you're tendering.  I've always docked at Manaus.  Water levels perhaps, or was the Prinsedam the only BHB able to dock.

Roy

Hmm, I'm sorry I don't have the official word, but low water levels could contribute to it.  Not sure what size of ship they've had docked here before, but the CD did say in a port talk he had heard the dock collapsed or was damaged in some way.  Nothing confirmed though.  It would be a lot nicer to be able to walk off a ship instead of tendering all week at these Amazon ports.  This one especially since it's such a large city.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Mister 67,  We also drive tomorrow to PE to board the NS tomorrow. If you are at Exit 161 at the Pilot gas station at 8 am I will buy you a cup of coffee. Happy cruising both to PE and on board the NA!

If we go early it will be after the US-Netherlands Soccer game but thanks for the offer. Our on/off at I-75 going south is 167, going north we use 170. We are in the Deep Creek subdivision of Punta Gorda that is north of the Peace River, only part of PG that is north of the River.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 16

Good morning to all.It  is cold this morning but will get up to the forties  later. I will celebrate  pollution prevention  and appreciate  bartenders on BHB's in spite of not drinking alcohol for many years. We gave not been to the port and the recipe sounds good.

Roy @rafinmd, I hope the medication helps.

Thank you for including  our Tana on the Care list. This morning she looks a little better but did not sleep well. 

My hip problem  is painful but I will have to wait and see when surgery is feasible. I appreciate  the prayers  .

Yesterday there was a terrible accident in our city and a Police Officer died.Anither car lost control and hit both a bus and the Police Officers ' car. His name was not released pending family notification.

Be safe and careful out there.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 10