Oasis dry-dock in April or May 2023?

Moonarino

I've seen mention of changes in some of Oasis' deck plans next Spring, on a couple of different websites, but can't find out exactly what this is all about. A quick web search didn't turn up anything. Anybody know how extensive this apparent/supposed dry dock will be?

15 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

I've seen mention of changes in some of Oasis' deck plans next Spring, on a couple of different websites, but can't find out exactly what this is all about. A quick web search didn't turn up anything. Anybody know how extensive this apparent/supposed dry dock will be?

Drydock will be in the fall of 2024 

Those deck plan changes mean nothing.  Minor category reclassification. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Drydock will be in the fall of 2024 

Those deck plan changes mean nothing.  Minor category reclassification. 

Okay thanks... the Royal website itself shows deck plan changes for ("after") April 23, 2023, and April 14, 2024, and again on September 26th, 2024.

29 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Oasis has already been amped so I am sure this will be the standard 5 year dry dock to spruce it up a bit.  

Yeah one reason I'm booking Oasis for a third cruise (instead of a 6-day on Symphony) was because of the 2019 "Amp".

I also wonder if the Starlink Internet upgrade will be installed in April. I've been wondering if that can be done in a few hours during turnaround, or exactly when/how Royal will get "all" of its ships upgraded by the end of 2023 Q1 as advertised.

Edited by Moonarino

10 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

Okay thanks... the Royal website itself shows deck plan changes for ("after") April 23, 2023, and April 14, 2024, and again on September 26th, 2024.

Yeah one reason I'm booking Oasis for a third cruise (instead of a 6-day on Symphony) was because of the 2019 "Amp".

I also wonder if the Starlink Internet upgrade will be installed in April. I've been wondering if that can be done in a few hours during turnaround, or exactly when/how Royal will get "all" of its ships upgraded by the end of 2023 Q1 as advertised.

Starlink is already up and running on Oasis! It went live a about a month ago 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

Nearly every ship in yje hleet has thise dates listed for changes.  Like I said, minor category changes is all.  Nothing physical that you eoukd notice. 

Was speaking with an officer on Wonder about the soot issues on the suite deck.   I mentioned we will be on Oasis Dec 2023.   He said she is going into dry dock 2024; I said why?  She was Amp'd late 2019.    He said Oasis is having azipod issues but currently not impacting itineraries.  I'm always question 2nd hand info.

1 hour ago, JoeD67 said:

Was speaking with an officer on Wonder about the soot issues on the suite deck.   I mentioned we will be on Oasis Dec 2023.   He said she is going into dry dock 2024; I said why?  She was Amp'd late 2019.    He said Oasis is having azipod issues but currently not impacting itineraries.  I'm always question 2nd hand info.

Like that exercise in management class or whatever. Relay a message through 10 people, one to the next, and you'll get 10 different variations.

Edited by Moonarino

3 hours ago, JoeD67 said:

He said Oasis is having azipod issues but currently not impacting itineraries.

Azipod issues seem to happen on various ships. Allure had her itineraries affected for several months before the fix.

Edited by Biker19

9 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Starlink is already up and running on Oasis! It went live a about a month ago 

I didn't know that!  I bought the "VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package" for an upcoming Oasis cruise.  It is the only internet option in the cruise planner.  Is Starlink a different internet plan?

We were on Oasis for a B2B earlier this year.  I was disappointed that I couldn't backup my my iPhone photos to iCloud using the ship's internet.

7 hours ago, JoeD67 said:

Ships must go for a drydock every 5 years and after they are 20years old its twice every 5 years. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D4 said:

I didn't know that!  I bought the "VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package" for an upcoming Oasis cruise.  It is the only internet option in the cruise planner.  Is Starlink a different internet plan?

We were on Oasis for a B2B earlier this year.  I was disappointed that I couldn't backup my my iPhone photos to iCloud using the ship's internet.

Nope- I think thats WHY you can only purchase the surf and stream option now, because it's starlink only. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Nope- I think thats WHY you can only purchase the surf and stream option now, because it's starlink only. 

It's very unlikely it has anything to do with Starlink - other ships still don't have Starlink, yet they don't have Surf in the planner either - RCI simply removed the Surf option from the planner two weeks ago fleetwide. Surf is still available on board.