Majestic COVID-19 Isolation

northhavenjon

After 7 days on board we contracted COVID, 2 days feeling sick then the trouble started ; incorrect food delivered short of tea cups salt & pepper, just to name a few.

ORDER FORMS with no way to add missing items

GUEST SERVICES RELAY REQUESTS but it seem that both ends of the conversation speak different languages 

STEWARD tries but has a lot of other duties and forgets about isolated customers until last.

MEDICAL STAFF take notice of positive test and inform you that you can not leave cabin give you very little information and no follow up calls to see if you are still alive

DEPARTURE told that we would be last of ship starting at 10-10:30an

• Thanks 1

Concerns me for our cruise next month. Do you know how many are currently on board with COVID? What a miserable experience that must be. At least you are going home. We are from the US and I'm literally terrified about being stuck in a foreign place with no support! One of the reasons we canceled our upcoming world cruise. Princess is failing their passengers.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, northhavenjon said:

After 7 days on board we contracted COVID, 2 days feeling sick then the trouble started ; incorrect food delivered short of tea cups salt & pepper, just to name a few.

GUEST SERVICES RELAY REQUESTS but it seem that both ends of the conversation speak different languages 

STEWARD tries but has a lot of other duties and forgets about isolated customers until last.

MEDICAL STAFF take notice of positive test and inform you that you can not leave cabin give you very little information and no follow up calls to see if you are still alive

So sorry that you are having these issues, we had a few minor issues but found on the whole we were well cared for. It must be very hard for the staff as they are working short as well, always feel like I want to jump the coffee bar to give them a hand. If there’s anything I can drop off outside  your cabin feel free to ring me on Emerald 405. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Concerns me for our cruise next month. Do you know how many are currently on board with COVID? What a miserable experience that must be. At least you are going home. We are from the US and I'm literally terrified about being stuck in a foreign place with no support! One of the reasons we canceled our upcoming world cruise. Princess is failing their passengers.

Unsure how many on board with Covid, sure the media will inform us! Today everyone was tested again apart from those that have previously tested positive and recovered and those in isolation.

I had no issues with the isolation, I was well fed, given fresh linen as required, offered complimentary internet, free soft drinks/alcohol, staff called daily to see if I was happy with everything. My husband who was negative was allowed to leave the room so would bring me ice cream and any extra’s I wanted. We ordered our meals from the restaurant menu and dined together. I was offered the opportunity to move into an isolation cabin on deck 9 but declined the offer, husband remained negative. 
The doctor contacted me on the day I tested positive, I was required to fill out paperwork stating my medical history and medications, I was commenced on antivirals, my symptoms were consistent with a bad hay fever day. I would much rather be on a ship with Covid than at home, I have anther 24 day cruise in February which I can’t wait for. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So different we have found. On majestic now dh positive on day 5 magnificent treatment. Phone calls 3 times a day checking meals have arrived and are we happy and feeling ok. Cholates received to make us feel better. I just write extras on a blank piece of the order form for latte. Brandy and sodas. We have free wifi and am glad that if we had to catch it we are where we are being very well cared for. Special phone no. For any requests so no complaints at all here

• Like 2

Glad you got all the luck we got none no free Internet no ice cream no jelly on 3 days in a row even ask guest service with the same result.

Couldn't even get tea with cups or 2 knife  & fork set to eat meals with.

Just 1 contact from Dr. after informing them we had COVID.

7 hours ago, marinating said:

Unsure how many on board with Covid, sure the media will inform us! Today everyone was tested again apart from those that have previously tested positive and recovered and those in isolation.

I had no issues with the isolation, I was well fed, given fresh linen as required, offered complimentary internet, free soft drinks/alcohol, staff called daily to see if I was happy with everything. My husband who was negative was allowed to leave the room so would bring me ice cream and any extra’s I wanted. We ordered our meals from the restaurant menu and dined together. I was offered the opportunity to move into an isolation cabin on deck 9 but declined the offer, husband remained negative. 
The doctor contacted me on the day I tested positive, I was required to fill out paperwork stating my medical history and medications, I was commenced on antivirals, my symptoms were consistent with a bad hay fever day. I would much rather be on a ship with Covid than at home, I have anther 24 day cruise in February which I can’t wait for. 

Wait......your husband was sharing a cabin with you and was allowed to go roaming about the ship???? That's absolutely absurd. Even if he tested negative, he could be carrying the virus at any time and test negative the next day! What a bonehead move by Princess.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

That is the protocol now for people exposed to Covid, per the CDC.  They seem to change weekly.

Really?  The Crown PCL medical said you must isolate also if you’re in the same cabin as a covid guest.  Usually, the cabin mate ends up positive also within a few days.  

• Thanks 1

My BIL & SIL were on the Sky in May and she came down with Covid.  He was free to come and go.  When the virus first hit people in 2020 and early 2021, if someone in your household had it, you all had to quarantine and you couldn't return to work/school.  They changed and now only the sick individual must quarantine.   

11 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

My BIL & SIL were on the Sky in May and she came down with Covid.  He was free to come and go.  When the virus first hit people in 2020 and early 2021, if someone in your household had it, you all had to quarantine and you couldn't return to work/school.  They changed and now only the sick individual must quarantine.   

At home, yes.  But, the cruise line maritime guidelines state, the positive person should isolate and close contact should also IF staying in the same cabin.

If the positive person moves into a quarantine cabin, the close contact can remain in the original cabin and free to move about. 

However, cruise lines can set their own guidelines.  Seems ships are varying their protocols.

20 hours ago, marinating said:

I had no issues with the isolation, I was well fed, given fresh linen as required, offered complimentary internet, free soft drinks/alcohol, staff called daily to see if I was happy with everything.

17 hours ago, windsor26 said:

On majestic now dh positive on day 5 magnificent treatment. Phone calls 3 times a day checking meals have arrived and are we happy and feeling ok. Cholates received to make us feel better. I just write extras on a blank piece of the order form for latte. Brandy and sodas. We have free wifi and am glad that if we had to catch it we are where we are being very well cared for. Special phone no.

Thank you both for your posts as it seems that no two situations are handled the same regarding COVID. I hope that what you are currently experiencing on the ship continues through until we board as Princess seems to be all over the place with handling passengers with COVID. Praying we don't get it on this cruise later this week...

1 hour ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Thank you both for your posts as it seems that no two situations are handled the same regarding COVID. I hope that what you are currently experiencing on the ship continues through until we board as Princess seems to be all over the place with handling passengers with COVID. Praying we don't get it on this cruise later this week...

I hope you don't get it on the cruise later this week.  And I hope we don't either 🙂

Didn't know if you were aware of this site but it has info about the level of Covid on ships porting Sydney (among other things).  The Majestic is currently Level 2.  Friends recently cruised on the Grand so I sent them different tidbits and this was one of them.  See you soon!  https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/travel/cruising-rules

• Thanks 1

Just now, azbirdmom said:

I hope you don't get it on the cruise later this week.  And I hope we don't either 🙂

Thx. Keeping my fingers crossed as we'll be taking that gamble for 20 days and don't mind too much if I miss the islands we've been to multiple times. This is the one that I'm trying to stay healthy for and will just have to be a bit cautious. The good thing if anything goes wrong prior to NZ cruise (COVID) we have the insurance and booked our insanely expensive flights using EZAir so the bulk of our costs should be reimbursed.. See you in a few days ~ sounds like you worked out your payment issues!🤞

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 12:26 PM, northhavenjon said:

I too can absolutely relate to your experience.

Trying to obtain a jug of hot water or two became a time consuming exercise, not just once but at almost every meal.

As for being contacted by the Guest services to see how I was faring, well that didn't happen, as for the medical staff, I must have dropped off their radar once I was issued with anti-virals...

Salt and pepper, well that I could understand, but consistently  cold food, missing food etc and the lack of fluid is no way to treat people who do the right thing by registering their positive covid status.

I did receive a phone call at the end of each day to see if the evening meal had turned up.I didn't bother to mention the missing requests, at the end of the day it seemed pointless.

I was however grateful that the ship offered to move me so that my husband was at less risk of catching covid and he could come and go from his cabin  as he pleased with the proviso he tested every 2 days.

My internet was also complimentary....thank heavens, 6 days in iso on a ship  does not make for a pleasant memory.

I did feel for the stewards , but again agree,  in isolation, it was also  my experience we left until last.

No way for Princess to treat their loyal passengers, and cannot understand how,  or why, some other passengers had a totally different and vastly more positive experience than yours or mine  .

Edited by pmcl
spelling and grammar
  • Like 2

Anyone testing positive and isolated actually sick?  The more people isolated for simply testing positive would encourage me not to report to sick bay for anything other than serious flu-like symptoms that I could not treat myself with some over-the-counter meds that I always carry in case.

Just sayin'

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Anyone testing positive and isolated actually sick?  The more people isolated for simply testing positive would encourage me not to report to sick bay for anything other than serious flu-like symptoms that I could not treat myself with some over-the-counter meds that I always carry in case.

Just sayin'

Even without symptoms you could infect others who might not fare so well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Even without symptoms you could infect others who might not fare so well

Without symptoms, how would anyone know they could infect others who may not fare so well?  

Isn't it up to others who may not fare so well to take precautions to protect themselves and not depend on those around them?

What do you suggest?

• Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 10:23 AM, pmcl said:

I too can absolutely relate to your experience.

Trying to obtain a jug of hot water or two became a time consuming exercise, not just once but at almost every meal.

As for being contacted by the Guest services to see how I was faring, well that didn't happen, as for the medical staff, I must have dropped off their radar once I was issued with anti-virals...

Salt and pepper, well that I could understand, but consistently  cold food, missing food etc and the lack of fluid is no way to treat people who do the right thing by registering their positive covid status.

I did receive a phone call at the end of each day to see if the evening meal had turned up.I didn't bother to mention the missing requests, at the end of the day it seemed pointless.

I was however grateful that the ship offered to move me so that my husband was at less risk of catching covid and he could come and go from his cabin  as he pleased with the proviso he tested every 2 days.

My internet was also complimentary....thank heavens, 6 days in iso on a ship  does not make for a pleasant memory.

I did feel for the stewards , but again agree,  in isolation, it was also  my experience we left until last.

No way for Princess to treat their loyal passengers, and cannot understand how,  or why, some other passengers had a totally different and vastly more positive experience than yours or mine  .

I think the people on here that have a great experience must work for Princess or Carnival in some way.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, northhavenjon said:

I think the people on here that have a great experience must work for Princess or Carnival in some way.

My BIL & SIL both caught Covid on the Sky in May.  They have no complaints about their treatment.  They said that they couldn't imagine a better place to be in quarantine.  They were checked on and they had everything that the needed/wanted.   AND......they do NOT work for Princess or Carnival!

Edited by wrongwaywatson
  • Like 2