Anyone Know Which Ship Replaces Equinox Year Round From Port Everglades?

helen haywood

We’ve enjoyed sailing Equinox several times since Celebrity decided to have her sail year round from Ft. Lauderdale.  I see she’s moving in 2024.  Her new schedule is available for booking but so far there are no Caribbean options in the second half of 2024 to replace her.  I wondered if anyone in the know might have heard which ship might pick up her Port Everglades cruises.

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Reflection is in Europe next summer (2023) but when Equinox swaps Reflection (24/25), Reflection will be the year round Caribbean ship and won't return to Europe in the summer of 2024. 

i know but my point was Equinox goes to Europe in summer 2024.

Gutted to hear this as we love the Equinox and love cruising the Caribbean as we combine it with time in Florida.  All of our 4 cruises (yes, we are novices), have been on her and as we are creatures of habit, we were planning many more. Be really grateful for any opinions on how Equinox and Reflection compare. We know Reflection wasn’t revolutionised, but are there any significant differences that might put us off? We sail concierge class so Michaels Club Retreat etc not relevant to us.

Well, in my opinion, Reflection has a better Sunset Bar.  Instead of the barstools having their back to the ocean, on Reflection the bar was moved further aft and is in an oval shape with seats that light up different colors at night.  The stairway to Oceanview is now behind a curved banquette seating area so even more clear ocean views.  And Reflection has tiered seating areas so more seating.  However, this is offset by the redesign of the Sky Lounge which was basically cut in half to add suites on the port side.  But, bottom line, they are more alike than different.  Reflection doesn’t have the glass show and has two extra specialty restaurants.  I’m just happy to know an S Class will be sailing the Caribbean year round!

• Like 3