Can you purchase (pre-cruise) a bottle of alcohol for your cabin?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I've been spoiled, booking recent cabins which come with 2 bottles, but what about those which don't... can you purchase a bottle before the cruise for delivery to your cabin?

I don't think Royal Caribbean does this, Carnival did (then didn't, then are again - limited)...

Thanks,

Tom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I've seen a classic and premium bar setup available for purchase in the cruise planner (under drinks) which I believe is a variety of small bottles plus mixers.

OK - I was looking under Bon Voyage gifts, and only saw champagne. I'll try to find that.

Tom

I know that this was a feature a while ago. You got one 750 ml bottle or possibly a 1L bottle, A six pack of some soft drink and a box of some salty snacks. They were two price points, classic and premium.A six pack of some soft drink and a box of some salty snacks. They were two price points, classic and premium.

Once you have a reservation look under Plan My Cruise, Beverages. Mine is at the bottom of the list.  for an 8 night cruise with a prepurchase discount it is $94.99 for classic and $122.99 for premium. There is probably a 20% gratuity added at checkout.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Once you have a reservation look under Plan My Cruise, Beverages. Mine is at the bottom of the list.  for an 8 night cruise with a prepurchase discount it is $94.99 for classic and $122.99 for premium. There is probably a 20% gratuity added at checkout.

Has anyone done this?  I see it under our drink packages, but its a little vague as to what exactly you get.  Bottle sizes, how many, etc.  If they are just the mini bottles, it might make most sense just taking the ones out of your minibar fridge, depending on how many are in the package.

thx

There's a few ways to order a bottle to a room.

Option 1: The first is under the Drinks tab of the cruise planner.  When you select the classic or premium bar setup you can then select the bottle of liquor that you want included.  I believe they are all 1L bottles based on a previous post.

Classic options:

image.png.a92fde39a1f240d4c64954b49de9b87b.png

Premium options:

image.png.0675fb70d2704806cfe980389c7637c1.png

Option 2: Also within the cruise planner under the Gifts & Gear tab, you can purchase from a smaller selection of wines and champagne.

Option 3: Outside of the cruise planner there's the Celebrity Bon Voyage page where you can purchase a bottle for your own cabin.  The filter for the page is broken - go figure - so you'll have to navigate to the subcategory pages (white/red wine, liquor, etc.) by navigating to them from this page:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-gifts/SPIRIT/collections.

There's actually no taxes or gratuities added onto the prices shown on the gift page, so you might save a little cash versus buying the classic/premium bar setup on the cruise planner.

I also believe that the liquor selections are all 1L bottles and come with 6 cans of sodas, which can be exchanged at any bar if you want a different soda than what you were given

Bonus Tip (Edge Class Only): You can reserve a cabana and it comes with a 1L bottle of grey goose that can be exchanged for an equivalently priced bottle.  Also includes 6 beers, 4 large evian waters, lunch service, and of course, the cabana.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Option 1: The first is under the Drinks tab of the cruise planner.  When you select the classic or premium bar setup you can then select the bottle of liquor that you want included.  I believe they are all 1L bottles based on a previous post.

Classic options:

Premium options:

Option 2: Also within the cruise planner under the Gifts & Gear tab, you can purchase from a smaller selection of wines and champagne.

Option 3: Outside of the cruise planner there's the Celebrity Bon Voyage page where you can purchase a bottle for your own cabin.  The filter for the page is broken - go figure - so you'll have to navigate to the subcategory pages (white/red wine, liquor, etc.) by navigating to them from this page:

There's actually no taxes or gratuities added onto the prices shown on the gift page, so you might save a little cash versus buying the classic/premium bar setup on the cruise planner.

I also believe that the liquor selections are all 1L bottles and come with 6 cans of sodas, which can be exchanged at any bar if you want a different soda than what you were given

Bonus Tip (Edge Class Only): You can reserve a cabana and it comes with a 1L bottle of grey goose that can be exchanged for an equivalently priced bottle.  Also includes 6 beers, 4 large evian waters, lunch service, and of course, the cabana.

Our cabana on a recent Equinox cruise came with the liter of Grey Goose..on a port day the cabana was only $99 or so…I have used this pro tip hack on my recent cruises where I wanted the liquor for the room, as a bonus, you get some cabana time with the service, food etc..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Classic options:

Premium options:

Can you tell me what the price was for a cabana for  the day on the edge class and I’m assuming it is less for a port day??

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Our cabana on a recent Equinox cruise came with the liter of Grey Goose..on a port day the cabana was only $99 or so…I have used this pro tip hack on my recent cruises where I wanted the liquor for the room, as a bonus, you get some cabana time with the service, food etc..

Let me get this straight... you reserve a cabana for the day (@~$99), and it includes a liter of Grey Goose? !!!

Tom

3 hours ago, 20165 said:

Has anyone done this?  I see it under our drink packages, but its a little vague as to what exactly you get.  Bottle sizes, how many, etc.  If they are just the mini bottles, it might make most sense just taking the ones out of your minibar fridge, depending on how many are in the package.

thx

No, we've never done this but when in an upper level suite with 2 free bottles of alcohol they are the larger bottles so sure this is what they are selling. 1 bottle plus mixers and a snack or 2, not the mini bottles. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’m now looking at this for an upcoming cruise on celebrity Solstice in March. we’ve been to Cabo many time  so thinking about giving up that port or just spending  part of it in Cabo . I know they were different ships but wondering how much shade? My friend needs to stay out of the sun so thinking about her? But seems like a great option and it is available ! It say’s the time as 3 AM !🤣🤣 A little bit early for me to sit in a cabana but .

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

There's some conflicting information regarding the Solstice class cabanas/alcoves and the included bottle of liquor. Good to have a more recent data point. When was the cruise and were you aware that the bottle was included? It doesn't say that anywhere in the app or cruise planner.

32 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

There's some conflicting information regarding the Solstice class cabanas/alcoves and the included bottle of liquor. Good to have a more recent data point. When was the cruise and were you aware that the bottle was included? It doesn't say that anywhere in the app or cruise planner.

It was an ABC cruise..September. 2022..it might have been $150…but it was half the cost of a sea day or so..we booked it for Grand Cayman day 2 of 9.,

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Thanks 1

Wanted to say we usually purchase a Premium Bar Setup.   Includes 1 Liter bottle Premium booze of your choice and mixers. 

Cost is $120 plus 18% Grat.       I usual pick it up when on sale.     Iain enjoys a drink after we return to our cabin and finds it more convenient than picking up a drink and carrying it to the room.    I know - 3rd world problem.

As a comparison you can buy 2 Bottles of Gray Goose for $60 in duty free.   Somehow I always buy them on the last night of a B2B and they somehow show up in our room..   Wonder how that happened.    We just got upgraded to a RS so I guess we don't have to do that as we will get 2 Liters for a 8 day cruise....

• Like 3