Cyber Sale in Cruise Planner: Booked Behind the Scenes Tour for 35% Off

thebutlerdidit

1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

As noted, I noticed a Cuber Savings Boost Sale and was able to cancel the Behind the Scenes Ship Tour that I had already booked at $124.99 and rebook at a cost of $89.99. My cruise is in April ‘23. 

Thanks for pointing this out.  I have a sailing booked for 2023, 2024, and 2025.  Surprisingly, there is a "limited time" 35% discount across the board for all shore excursions for all 3 sailings.  No such boosted savings for dining packages.  There is a 33% boosted discount applied for upgrading to premium wifi for our 2023 Asia sailing.

image.png.25d1c30fd40d99baa1dcea67427a6482.png

image.png.2361eb62a0335935e42e832a1cd38380.png

image.png.23ea6bf9a439cc0eb603156653e172a0.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

Thank you for this! I was on the fence about a shore excursion but this deal makes the price more palatable.

Question on booking shore ex for linked staterooms using Celebrity OBC:

Our family of four wants to take an excursion. We have two connecting staterooms, 1 adult and 1 kid on the reservation in each. Each stateroom has $200 OBC, so $400 total. In the cruise planner, I can add all four of us to one reservation for the shore excursion, but when I go to check out, the total tour cost is $471 but only ONE of the stateroom OBC credits is there to use. I'd like to apply all $400 to the excursion, but can't figure out how to do that.

Should I just have each stateroom book the same excursion separately in our respective cruise planner accounts and use the OBC on each reservation? Will that ensure that all four of us are still on the same group for the tour/excursion? 

1 minute ago, Hafa2990 said:

Should I just have each stateroom book the same excursion separately in our respective cruise planner accounts and use the OBC on each reservation? Will that ensure that all four of us are still on the same group for the tour/excursion? 

I would make 2 separate bookings--one for each cabin--to fully use the OBC.  The actual group assignments are not handed out until the day of the tour and it is done in person when you show up at the rendezvous point.  There you can ensure that your family of 4 are assigned to the same group and are wearing the same Celebrity sticker number.

Thanks so much! Just wanted to be sure that if it was two separate reservations that we wouldn't be split.

The other issue I am having is that even though I have kids ages in the reservation, when I go to book the shore excursion and add myself + kid, it treats it as 2 adults. There appears to be no way to book the (lower) kid fare. Is this normal? The kid's birthday is stored in the reservation so it should know that they are a child. 

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

As noted, I noticed a Cuber Savings Boost Sale and was able to cancel the Behind the Scenes Ship Tour that I had already booked at $124.99 and rebook at a cost of $89.99. My cruise is in April ‘23. 

Thank you very much for mentioning this.

6 minutes ago, john1970 said:

I saw the wifi upgrade voucher. Do you know how it works? 

No, but my guess is you turn it in or go to guest services/wifi desk once onboard and get upgraded. 

But I guess I need to make sure it isn't only for one day or something...

Edit: it does say "full sailing, 7 days" on my order...

Edited by alyssamma

I've seen this discount happen on this tour when I have had it booked too.  Rather than cancel and re-book - just call then or go in to the chat.  They can discount it for you, and then you don't risk it being sold out when you try to re-book.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ehall said:

I've seen this discount happen on this tour when I have had it booked too.  Rather than cancel and re-book - just call then or go in to the chat.  They can discount it for you, and then you don't risk it being sold out when you try to re-book.

I literally just got of the phone doing exactly this for a sold out cruise

3 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Another update on the wifi...the $10 appears to be for any length. I have a 9 and a 14 days cruise...$10 for those too.

And the verbiage is for entire sailing, and notice it say $9.99 *per package*

image.thumb.png.9e00475ca144f52cc298162152f90295.png

I went ahead and purchased this, though my guess is each $9.99 "package" will get you 1 day of upgraded wi-fi. Worth the shot though.

Just now, RichYak said:

I went ahead and purchased this, though my guess is each $9.99 "package" will get you 1 day of upgraded wi-fi. Worth the shot though.

I purchased too, but see my screenshot above. It's pretty clear it's for the entire cruise. I plan to take it in case there are any issues...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RichYak said:

11 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I purchased too, but see my screenshot above. It's pretty clear it's for the entire cruise. I plan to take it in case there are any issues...

I did the same for the same reasons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hafa2990 said:

Thanks so much! Just wanted to be sure that if it was two separate reservations that we wouldn't be split.

The other issue I am having is that even though I have kids ages in the reservation, when I go to book the shore excursion and add myself + kid, it treats it as 2 adults. There appears to be no way to book the (lower) kid fare. Is this normal? The kid's birthday is stored in the reservation so it should know that they are a child. 

You should call Celebrity to make the booking.  They will take care of it.

4 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I changed ours as well for our November 2023 cruise.  Thank you for the heads up.