Queen Mary 2 - Maintenance Schedule and/or next major/minor retrofit?

JimmyLeg

4 hours ago, techteach said:

(We’ll see if I can actually get this picture to upload from our cabin)

I installed an app called "Photo Compressor and Resizer" on my Android phone, which made it much quicker to upload our QM2 photos to CC, Facebook and WhatsApp groups.

Don't know if it's available for iPhone, if not there must be some equivalent.

7 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

I sure hope not as we have a cruise booked for then.  If they are planning that surely they can let us know so we can make arrangements.

The gap is October 22-November 15, 2023 there are no scheduled sailings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Most definately a first world problem, but while they're at it, how about redoing the Queen's Grill lounge!

Dated, boring and the most unappealing of all bars on the ship.

Was not impressed this past September when we sailed in Princess Grill. To crowded at tea time, not much after dinner social crowd to meet.

Enjoyed drink in the restaurant during dinner than in Grill.

4 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Most definately a first world problem, but while they're at it, how about redoing the Queen's Grill lounge!

Dated, boring and the most unappealing of all bars on the ship.

All true, but two of the worst things about it are its strange shape and lack of interesting view, and there is nothing much they can do about those. New decor would be nice though

An aging dowager past her prime but still delightful. 

Took our first cruise on the QM2 last summer was surprised at the condition. Lots of banged up wood inside, stained carpet, dented furniture, etc. We enjoyed our cruise and our returning this summer just surprised at the interior condition. 

5 hours ago, JSR said:

An aging dowager past her prime but still delightful. 

Took our first cruise on the QM2 last summer was surprised at the condition. Lots of banged up wood inside, stained carpet, dented furniture, etc. We enjoyed our cruise and our returning this summer just surprised at the interior condition. 

Took our first crossing in October - generally seemed pretty good to me, well, at least compared to the complaints about her condition. I guess I wasn't looking that hard; the overall interiors impressed us.

I do expect better things of QA in June 2024; maybe then it'll be things not working because of teething problems... I note that they have considerably fewer lifts than QM2 (QM2 did have a number of lifts out of order, but there was never a problem with lift capacity)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Took our first crossing in October - generally seemed pretty good to me, well, at least compared to the complaints about her condition. I guess I wasn't looking that hard; the overall interiors impressed us.

I do expect better things of QA in June 2024; maybe then it'll be things not working because of teething problems... I note that they have considerably fewer lifts than QM2 (QM2 did have a number of lifts out of order, but there was never a problem with lift capacity)

Yes, I thought she was fine too, and was impressed by the amount of maintenance going on. As I’ve said elsewhere, I just glad none of the detractors is likely ever to visit my house.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4