Anyone get a Holiday Present from Oceania?

ORV

1 hour ago, SophieM said:

Groannnnnn. 🤣

Growing up in a mining town, my mother always told me “…not to run around bragging about what I got for Christmas because it might make other poorer kids feel badly.”

I  found out later she didn’t want me to know how well they did compared to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Check eBay in January, you might find one since it seems a lot of O gifts to guests are sold there, so I understand. Lots of needlepoint kits, etc.  

Maybe we should take a survey from this who receive the Boards. We seem to have determined guest Platinum and above are receiving them, if you are Gold or Silver and receive an O Charcuterie Board, please share it on this board. 
Mauibabes 

10 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Check eBay in January, you might find one since it seems a lot of O gifts to guests are sold there, so I understand. Lots of needlepoint kits, etc.  

Maybe we should take a survey from this who receive the Boards. We seem to have determined guest Platinum and above are receiving them, if you are Gold or Silver and receive an O Charcuterie Board, please share it on this board. 
Mauibabes 

Makes you wonder what the Diamond and the President's Circle get. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 6:54 PM, mauibabes said:

Well we know there are some of them on this Board so maybe they will chime in. 
Mauibabes

We are on the Marina now. One of those beautiful boards was delivered to our cabin last night. 
seachelt

38 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

We are on Marina and we had one delivered to us last night along with recipe cards and Christmas card.Only our 4th cruise.Beautiful but heavy.

Someone reported Marina hit a sand bar this morning and the engines shut down for 90-120 minutes.  Did you notice anything?

33 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Someone reported Marina hit a sand bar this morning and the engines shut down for 90-120 minutes.  Did you notice anything?

Yep!  Hit a sand bar. Electricity off for 7 minutes. Water off. Then water back on after and brown water came out for a while. All seems good now. Captain claims no damage. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Snuffie said:

Yep!  Hit a sand bar. Electricity off for 7 minutes. Water off. Then water back on after and brown water came out for a while. All seems good now. Captain claims no damage. 

I bet they send the divers down to inspect it at the technical stop.

Hitting a sandbar at the mouth of the Amazon gives one a lot of confidence about the part of the cruise that sails by Antarctica in a few weeks.

And the chopping board couldn't possibly add more than a half dozen pounds to our already overweight luggage.  I'm sure American Airlines will be very understanding when we show up with it in Santiago.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

Hitting a sandbar at the mouth of the Amazon gives one a lot of confidence about the part of the cruise that sails by Antarctica in a few weeks.

And the chopping board couldn't possibly add more than a half dozen pounds to our already overweight luggage.  I'm sure American Airlines will be very understanding when we show up with it in Santiago.

If you do not want it  just leave it behind  😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

Maybe if it had been mailed to our home?  Instead of distributed on the ship, when Oceania had to know that everyone aboard needed to fly somewhere at the end of their cruise?

Bring it to the Concierge desk and ask them to ship it home for you.  That would be a reasonable request.