Best Sale Ever Returns

Shelly97060

15 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

If Deb63 was able to book it at a lower price, I see hope.

Crow9, thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.   Nope! Nada!  Princess rep still sees the high figure and not the lower price like we have been talking about.  I got out of the Princess website to refresh my screen and then came back in and the system went down and then came back with an even lower figure.  At this point, I really think there is a problem with the system as Princess is not validating anything otherwise.  I even offered to cancel my booking and do a new booking under the sale and it still was more.  At this point, I am tired, I am done.  Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.  If anyone is successful, I am happy for you --- enjoy your success.

1 minute ago, Crow9 said:

What has me thinking that what we are seeing may not be a glitch, is that the prices going up is not the same thing as a 35% off sale.  I hope someone is able to book a cruise at the lower price.

I did offer to cancel my existing cruise and rebook under the 35% off Best Ever Sale and the rep came back with a higher price than what I am paying with my existing booking. 

43 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

@Tedferggo in with the normal filters at the top, Destination, Date, Port etc. The lower prices aren't coming up for me under any promo links or anything.

Tried that and click on Plus button at top of list of cruises, fare does not change but when I look at 'applied Promos' it just shows the Stad Package - must be a glitch.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wendellman said:

Not so Best Sale Ever. Our California Coastal we have booked on Discovery for April /23 with Princess Plus is $400 more under Best Sale Ever pricing. We'll do without the premium desserts and exercise classes!

I noticed that, too. I’ll just keep watching for price drops instead. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I was playing around with looking at different cruises.

An hour ago, the standard fare including plus.  Now, the standard fare does not include plus.  You have to select it, and pay the $60/day.

So, Best Sale Ever does not include Plus for free! 

16 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No, the standard is your basic no frills cruise only fare.  The plus is an additional 60 pppd and includes gratuities, drink package, wifi, premium desserts and exercise classes.  The premium is 80 pppd and includes even more.

I just checked out a cruise I have booked for next spring.

Rightly or wrongly, the Plus Fare and the Standard fare are identical.

This implies the BSE does include free Plus package at Standard price.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pris993 said:

Only 7 day for Mexico when I looked.  I will be on board in December will check out what deals are offered on board bookings.    Thanks for clarifying, I had only one destination in mind. 

Deals on board are exactly the same as deals not on board.

Only difference is on board you can buy an FCC which gets you extra OBC  if you did not have an FCC to use before the cruise.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, caribill said:

Deals on board are exactly the same as deals not on board.

Only difference is on board you can buy an FCC which gets you extra OBC  if you did not have an FCC to use before the cruise.

This is not always so, from personal experience.

also, do you mean you can buy a FCD- future cruise deposit on-board?

51 minutes ago, caribill said:

I had this same think happen but when I got to put my deposit non it the apology message popped up.  Tried again and fares were corrected.  Many glitches.  I am taking a break—- waiting to see if the Sky is doing Canaries April 15/24- anyone see it listed yet?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

I had this same think happen but when I got to put my deposit non it the apology message popped up.  Tried again and fares were corrected.  Many glitches.  I am taking a break—- waiting to see if the Sky is doing Canaries April 15/24- anyone see it listed yet?

I can't see any Canary cruises on any ship in the April - June period 2024.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

The inclusion obviously is only on specific sailings either by length of cruise or date of cruise or ship.  Just booked the TA on the Sun and the Plus was an extra 60 pppd and the Premier an extra 80 pppd.

3 hours ago, dog said:

Yes, we were on the Discovery last April and put down a 200 FCD for a future cruise that I just applied on my booking I made yesterday on the Sun for 2024.   Depending upon the type of cabin and the length of your cruise, the amounts of OBC for that cruise would vary.  An inside or OV cabin would gain you anywhere from 15.00 to 125.00 per person.   A balcony or suite would gain you anywhere from 25.00 to 150.00 per person.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dog said:

This is not always so, from personal experience.

I agree with you, but those occasions have been very few. I remember once when they were pushing a few cruises that if you booked on board you could get double the OBC.  I remember a few other times when they were selling the next segment at deep discounts.

But normally when booking a future cruise while on board, the price and benefits are the same as if you were doing it from homeand had an FCD to use..

4 hours ago, dog said:

Yes. Thanks for correcting my error.

• Like 1

Basically you can't make a reservation at princess.com   I've now tried cruises I really want to book and cruises I have no intention of booking.  Every time you get "We Apologize for the Inconvenience" after entering passenger info.  I tried choosing Princess Standard and Princess Plus, no dice.  I tried getting into the site using the players club email offering an extra discount, still you can't book. 

I do know where I can make a booking, celebritycruises.com  You read that correctly John Padgett. 

Edited by sonomaphil
  • Like 3