Horseshoe Bay beach excursion

karen1821

Does anyone know if it is better to book a shore excursion to Horseshoe Bay beach or just take one of the vans waiting when you arrive. 

We arrive at 2:00 and leave the next day at 1:00. I figure the day we arrive is the best day to go. I'm concerned the lines will be long to grab a van. The upside is you can come back when you want. I think The excursion you have to stay until they bring you back. Any input is greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I don't know where Horseshoe Bay is, I am guessing somewhere in the Caribbean. 

If you have questions about a specific port, this site has boards for each port and you can get some great information. 

Take a look here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

Horseshoe Bay is in Bermuda.

It has been a few years, but we bought bus tokens inside the cruise terminal...took the local bus to Horseshoe Bay. It was fun riding the bus with wonderful children in school uniforms. The bus driver called out our stop...and yes, there's a walk down to the beach then back up the hill to the bus stop. Happy sailing.

1 minute ago, bonsai3s said:

It has been a few years, but we bought bus tokens inside the cruise terminal...took the local bus to Horseshoe Bay. It was fun riding the bus with wonderful children in school uniforms. The bus driver called out our stop...and yes, there's a walk down to the beach then back up the hill to the bus stop. Happy sailing.

This is the way we've done it in the past.  I like the new way where they take you from the ship area directly to the beach then back.  No walking up and down that hill.  Looks like they put some new steps there for those who choose to take the bus and walk.

We have been to Horseshoe bay, it can be VERY crowded, depends on when you go. This August we did the Secluded beach excursion through RCI. Small beach just up the road from Horseshoe, just our group of 22. Stopped at grocery store on the way there, two brothers do the tour, very nice and informative. We even saw a wedding. Water was gorgeous and there was a cove a short walk away where the water was shallow and calm, great for little ones. 

Was probably the best beach trip we have had. 

• Like 1