MSC testing requirements from U.S. port

sbd78

Hello. My family of 5 is departing from Miami on an MSC cruise in 8 days. It says on the MSC website that testing for unvaccinated guests is no longer required, only recommended for guests departing from U.S. ports. (We are not vaccinated, not interested in a debate on that!) We've called MSC twice now and they tell us we are required to provide a negative test to board, but I suspect this is incorrect info based on their website? How to we find out for sure? Can anyone who has sailed recently provide your experience? Thanks. I really don't want to test all of us if it isn't necessary!

7 hours ago, sbd78 said:

Hello. My family of 5 is departing from Miami on an MSC cruise in 8 days. It says on the MSC website that testing for unvaccinated guests is no longer required, only recommended for guests departing from U.S. ports. (We are not vaccinated, not interested in a debate on that!) We've called MSC twice now and they tell us we are required to provide a negative test to board, but I suspect this is incorrect info based on their website? How to we find out for sure? Can anyone who has sailed recently provide your experience? Thanks. I really don't want to test all of us if it isn't necessary!

Are you going to Colon? If not then you don’t need to test. If so then you do need a test. 

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

Are you going to Colon? If not then you don’t need to test. If so then you do need a test. 

Nope. Only going to Nassau and Ocean Cay. I'm not worried, my husband is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbd78 said:

Nope. Only going to Nassau and Ocean Cay. I'm not worried, my husband is.

You’re fine then. Unless MSC changes their policy in the next 8 days you won’t need a test. Keep checking their website for the latest updates. Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 10:36 AM, sbd78 said:

We juat booked ourselves for the same cruise. Were told during booking that there was no need for vaccination cards or testing prior to embarkation. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Classynfun1 said:

We juat booked ourselves for the same cruise. Were told during booking that there was no need for vaccination cards or testing prior to embarkation. 

You must always check this information for yourself (along with any required documents for the cruise).

Claiming that (place entity here) told you (or didn't tell you) makes no difference when denied boarding at the pier.

I booked a cruise back in July for January 2o23.  At the time testing was required for all passengers. 

It has been changed and is currently testing is not required.  However, with the current problems with the triple disease epidemic, I will check the requirements to see if any change has been made. 

For anyone cruising MSC, I would also read and understand the health and safety section of the Terms and Conditions on the website that outlines the cruise line's right and responsibility to change and implement any restrictions or procedures at any point including at embarkation, during the cruise and debarkation.

While a passing reference is made to the law and Executive Orders of Florida state, please be aware that there have been many discussions (on this site and elsewhere) that note and explain the Mack track size loopholes that were written into the Executive Orders and laws that do allow for any necessary changes to procedures for documentation or practices to control disease spread.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:26 PM, Classynfun1 said:

Awesome, do you have kiddos? I have a 16 year old boy, 12 year old girl and 10 year old boy. Enjoy, maybe we will see you on the ship!

On 12/14/2022 at 10:58 AM, Homosassa said:

You must always check this information for yourself (along with any required documents for the cruise).

Claiming that (place entity here) told you (or didn't tell you) makes no difference when denied boarding at the pier.

I booked a cruise back in July for January 2o23.  At the time testing was required for all passengers. 

It has been changed and is currently testing is not required.  However, with the current problems with the triple disease epidemic, I will check the requirements to see if any change has been made. 

Yes, I will keep checking the website for the most current info. It just seems the customer service people are not up on the latest.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:58 AM, Homosassa said:

Sure. But this was literally a cruise from Miami for 4 days, booked less than a week out. The information is straight from MSC and is written in the ticketed docs as well. Thought I'd help OP. She can always call, sit on hold for an hour and get told the exact same thing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sbd78 said:

Awesome, do you have kiddos? I have a 16 year old boy, 12 year old girl and 10 year old boy. Enjoy, maybe we will see you on the ship!

No, no kids! Just a quick getaway for my husband and I. Sounds like you all will make some wonderful memories this holiday season. 😊

• Like 1