We had a Cabana Club on Nieuw Amsterdam! For about 30 minutes. 12/11/22

Don Kehote

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Is anyone saying it will affect their dinner?  Hal has a dress code.  If it doesn't want to enforce it then it's time to get rid of it.  I don't think people need to dress like they are out at the pool.  The dress code is so easy to meet yet its beyond the abilities of some.  I saw several people in pajamas roaming the ship in November.  That's just laziness.

I don’t know.  We walk for morning exercise every day and often wonder is that person at the park in their pajamas?  I can’t imagine you would walk in an urban park in your pajamas - maybe fashion has just passed us by 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I don’t know.  We walk for morning exercise every day and often wonder is that person at the park in their pajamas?  I can’t imagine you would walk in an urban park in your pajamas - maybe fashion has just passed us by 

How about all of the women in their onesies at the breakfast bar in hotels?  Talk about still being in your PJs.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

VIP or not; doesn't matter/don't care! You don't start blaring YOUR music in a common area of the ship for everyone else to have to endure! If you are a VIP, then reserve one of the meeting rooms on the ship and go play your tunes over there until the cows come home looking to be milked! Poorly handled by ship's staff!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

On 12/12/2022 at 6:48 PM, Don Kehote said:

Had a good chat today with first the assistant beverage manager, who facilitated a sit-down with the food and bev director.  Seems like we are making progress.  In fact, wife is on the phone with the director now, right before we head to dinner. 

So, today is Friday.  You wrote this at the beginning of the week.  What is the final resolution to the matter?

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Had a good chat today with first the assistant beverage manager, who facilitated a sit-down with the food and bev director.  Seems like we are making progress.  In fact, wife is on the phone with the director now, right before we head to dinner. 

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

So, today is Friday.  You wrote this at the beginning of the week.  What is the final resolution to the matter?

Yes for all the hoopla created on here about the incident over 13 hours on Monday the OP seems to have gone into 'radio silence' since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destiny0315 said:

Yes for all the hoopla created on here about the incident over 13 hours on Monday the OP seems to have gone into 'radio silence' since.

Hal has a record of doing thing to put salve on a situation. It was hardly a hoopla.  Maybe people are not interested in coming back based on comments like this.  

On 12/12/2022 at 5:34 AM, Don Kehote said:

So the refund was processed quickly as OBC when we went down to guest services immediately after that.  We have a meeting request in with the food and beverage manager tomorrow afternoon to discuss our problems with this, as its not just about getting that money back, it was a significant part of our vacation/birthday/renewal/first time on HAL cruise.

8 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Hal has a record of doing thing to put salve on a situation. It was hardly a hoopla.  Maybe people are not interested in coming back based on comments like this. 

Well it got you back into the convo didn't it. We are all interested in hearing if HAL reacted as usual or differently than in the past about a situation like this. I defended the OP's complaint and thought like others that kicking it up a notch might be worthwhile. So we were and still are interested in hearing about any further response they received.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Well it got you back into the convo didn't it. We are all interested in hearing if HAL reacted as usual or differently than in the past about a situation like this. I defended the OP's complaint and thought like others that kicking it up a notch might be worthwhile. So we were and still are interested in hearing about any further response they received.

I haven’t heard of a situation like this before have you? What if I rent one and have loud talking cell phone guy next to me,or Charlie who can’t stop coughing all day. Do I get a meeting with the hotel manager as well?

4 minutes ago, Wakepatrol said:

I haven’t heard of a situation like this before have you? What if I rent one and have loud talking cell phone guy next to me,or Charlie who can’t stop coughing all day. Do I get a meeting with the hotel manager as well?

Yes, especially if you are next to Charlie.  I would ask to be moved in both situations.  If you speak up you are calling the Hotel Managers attention to the issue and he will be more aware when someone else complains.  

11 minutes ago, Wakepatrol said:

Do I get a meeting with the hotel manager as well?

Well their request was to meet with the Food and Beverage service manager, so yes since the Hotel Manager is in charge of accommodations(even temporary)they would be the person to make aware of the situation.

23 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

Yes, especially if you are next to Charlie.  I would ask to be moved in both situations.  If you speak up you are calling the Hotel Managers attention to the issue and he will be more aware when someone else complains.  

There was someone coughing up a lung on both legs (2 sets of different people) of my recent cruise.  Luckily they were not that close to me but those that were asked to be moved.  I’d be mortified if I was the cause of that.  I guess for some if they’ve had Covid a dozen times so no biggie.  I’ve seen a lot in my time in cabanas from 32 people sharing a cabana to a dude smoking a stogie because he paid for his cabana and he was smoking in it.  Apparently we all got ours for free.  If people don’t speak up this shenanigans will go on.  I don’t blame the op for not coming back to the same old, same old on cc.

There’s something off with this story. Why didn’t the original poster ask to be moved? He gave up after thirty minutes?

Pool  attendant said guy playing the music was V.I.P.  “Really “?

I was under the impression these cabanas are a hot item and always sell out. Therefore there is nowhere to be moved. 

Recap- Guy rented cabana, Guy next to him was playing music on large speaker 

Cabin attendant told him guy with speaker was VIP 

Guy gave up after thirty minutes of a seven day cruise, was refunded and now wants a meeting?  Guy has beverage manager on phone while typing on cruise critic. Then Guy disappears. 

All hilarious banter on a slow news day