B2b cruise billing changes: Acct closed at the end of each leg

fstuff1

I'm currently on the Epic.

Someone who is doing a b2b got a letter saying there's a change to b2b billing.

I did a b2b in Nov.

Billing was as if it's one long cruise.

Now, your acct is closed and credit card changed at the end of each leg.

That sucks for me since I get $400 obc for each cruise.

So a b2b is $800 obc.

Now I'm forced to spend it each leg.

So if I do lots of excursions the 1st leg and go over the $400 But do nothing on the 2nd leg, then I'm out of pocket for the difference and waste the obc on junk the 2nd leg 😞

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

We Did B2B in March on the Epic and both legs were treated as separate weeks. This worked in our favor as we bought cruise next certificates on both legs, which gave us OBC for both weeks.

Yes , there were 2 bills to pay but the total was the same as if there had been only 1 bill.

We did a B2B at the end of October.  Account was kept open, however we did have an issue with the key cards the first night of the 2nd leg had to get new ones.  When we got home and didn't get our latitude points for the 2nd leg I called our PCC for her to find out why.  Come to find out that they had canceled the 2nd leg 2 nights before we were supposed to get off the ship. They credited back FAS gratuities, port fees, etc totaling almost $1600. We won't get the points, but I'll take the refund. 

14 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I'm currently on the Epic.

Someone who is doing a b2b got a letter saying there's a change to b2b billing.

I did a b2b in Nov.

Billing was as if it's one long cruise.

Now, your acct is closed and credit card changed at the end of each leg.

That sucks for me since I get $400 obc for each cruise.

So a b2b is $800 obc.

Now I'm forced to spend it each leg.

So if I do lots of excursions the 1st leg and go over the $400 But do nothing on the 2nd leg, then I'm out of pocket for the difference and waste the obc on junk the 2nd leg 😞

Did B2B Escape in Nov. and, like you, it was billed as one long cruise.  Internet minutes carries over as did OBC.  I don't get nearly as much as you but would be in the same situation, if this report from Epic is true.  Same for the shorex - would have to even it out for the 2 legs or have an expensive massage on one of them.😉

We did a B2B in September on the Encore and were billed as one cruise. Internet minutes also were carried over. We had some minor glitches but with a little time spent with the front desk they were corrected. We did a B2B in March on the Joy and everything went smoothly. It was also billed as one cruise.

17 hours ago, stefmaia said:

We Did B2B in March on the Epic and both legs were treated as separate weeks.

interesting.. so it sounds like only the Epic is billing at the end of each leg since i've done multiple b2b cruises on ncl since march and they all kept my acct open.

(it was treated as one long cruise)

thx!

Edited by fstuff1

14 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

We did a B2B at the end of October.  Account was kept open, however we did have an issue with the key cards the first night of the 2nd leg had to get new ones. 

When we got home and didn't get our latitude points for the 2nd leg I called our PCC for her to find out why.  Come to find out that they had canceled the 2nd leg 2 nights before we were supposed to get off the ship. They credited back FAS gratuities, port fees, etc totaling almost $1600. We won't get the points, but I'll take the refund. 

why did it get canceled?

how did you get your $ back since i'm assuming it was canceled past final payment?

and congrats on your free cruise!

We’re currently on the Jade on a 38-day B2B. They did keep our account open when we transitioned to the second leg. However, NCL did post our double Latitudes points (38 in all) earned on our first leg to our NCL account about 2 days into the second leg making us Gold. We’re also in a Club Balcony and got the free bag of laundry on each leg, but didn’t get the snacks on day 2 and 4 of the second leg that are a perk with that category. No big deal. So, I guess they’re still working out the details.

However, when we booked 4 cruises with CruiseNext on the first leg, they guaranteed us those bookings would transfer at the end of the cruise to our TA. However, what they really meant was that they would be transferred to our TA after we completed the entire 38-day B2B. So we’re hoping that’s the case since we technically only have 14 days to transfer bookings to our TA if it’s before final payment and 7 days if we book a cruise in full after final payment. Obviously, we’ll be well past those dates once we disembark on Dec 21. 😁

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

why did it get canceled?

how did you get your $ back since i'm assuming it was canceled past final payment?

and congrats on your free cruise!

I don't know why they cancelled it.  PCC said computer showed that we were no shows even though we were actually onboard the ship (it was the 2nd leg of our B2B).  We charged things to our onboard account that week, and paid for those charges at the end of our cruse.  They cancelled us out 5 days into that leg of the cruise.  We didn't get all of the money back, but got about $1600 back.

We were on the Sun last month, Seattle to Miami 20d b2b with Miami to Lisbon 21d. Account closed out at end of first leg, Internet minutes did not carry over.

Six days after that we got on the Star, Lisbon to Rio 14d b2b with Rio to Buenos Aires 7d. This is being billed as one account, and Internet minutes rolled over to cruise 2, like normal.

So, some ships still bill b2b as one account, as normal in recent years. Some have a separate account for each leg.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rob_H said:

We were on the Sun last month, Seattle to Miami 20d b2b with Miami to Lisbon 21d. Account closed out at end of first leg, Internet minutes did not carry over.

Six days after that we got on the Star, Lisbon to Rio 14d b2b with Rio to Buenos Aires 7d. This is being billed as one account, and Internet minutes rolled over to cruise 2, like normal.

So, some ships still bill b2b as one account, as normal in recent years. Some have a separate account for each leg.

thx for the info.

so it seems the epic and sun bills at the end of each leg.

Anyone else have experience on other ncl ships that bill at the end of each leg of a b2b?

@fstuff1 - how's sea state and waves on your Epic race to reach NY tomorrow, still expecting on-time arrival into NY at 6 or 7 a.m.   Not seeing even a blip on Marinetraffic but we understood from our friends indirectly that Epic is racing full speed after skipping / cancelled ports, etc. - gotta be disappointed but given the season, not entirely unexpected.  Friends currently on the GEM on 14 nights TA were 2+ hours late arriving into Funchal "yesterday" due to strong headwind, doing just 14 knots instead of 20+ and their shorex delayed - then, apparently sail on-time for the westbound crossing.  They got 7 days to do it and probably need to do a big go-around the North Atlantic with huge weather/storm system.  Early, the Getaway were several hours late reaching NY on their TA crossing.  

Take care - which NCL ship are you going to be hoping on & off on next month ... LOL

Henry 

11 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

I don't know why they cancelled it.  PCC said computer showed that we were no shows even though we were actually onboard the ship (it was the 2nd leg of our B2B).  We charged things to our onboard account that week, and paid for those charges at the end of our cruse. 

They cancelled us out 5 days into that leg of the cruise.  We didn't get all of the money back, but got about $1600 back.

Wow.. Even more odd they gave you partial refund.

Love gift horses

• Like 1

23 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

I don't know why they cancelled it.  PCC said computer showed that we were no shows even though we were actually onboard the ship (it was the 2nd leg of our B2B).  We charged things to our onboard account that week, and paid for those charges at the end of our cruse.  They cancelled us out 5 days into that leg of the cruise.  We didn't get all of the money back, but got about $1600 back.

Sounds good that you got the almost free cruise some how.  I'd take that over points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Maybe that was their plan all along? 🤣

LOL..  Probably right. It was one that was already booked, it just helped pay for upgrades.  🙂

37 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Sounds good that you got the almost free cruise some how.  I'd take that over points.

That was our thought too.

So my Jan 2022 B2B 10 day per leg voyage on the Gem was booked under 1 reservation.

On the 1st leg I think we skipped the 1st 2 ports and on the 4th day of the voyage we ended up in St Marteen. We would later learn that we were staying in St Marteen overnight and the next day. It was also announced that the remainder of the 10 day voyage was cancelled and we would be returning to New York and getting a refund plus a FCC of 110%. At first people were angry but we returned to NYC on the original scheduled date (10 days later).

The 2nd leg of our B2B voyage in Feb was slightly different. It made more stops then the 1st leg but to random destinations but the 2nd voyage wasn't cancelled and returned to NYC as scheduled 10 days later.

The thing was after we returned, we received a full refund to my credit card plus a 110% FCC for both voyages (1 & 2) as we booked them under 1 reservation. They refunded all of our purchases made for both voyages. They even refunded the 60k in BoA points that I had used to upgrade the room.

We used the 110% FCC and the funds to book another voyages in Feb & March 2022 on the Gem. Same itinerary as before but all different (random) destinations. They were also without a single supplement surcharge so it was cheaper to book 2 rooms and get double the sapphire benefits for both rooms. My only thing on voyages 3&4 were and I have since corrected was that passenger #2 wasn't' a stock holder with NCL so I wasn't able to apply a shareholder benefit to their cabin and they didn't have a Cruise next certificate in their own account so I've transferred CNCs to their account so they always have at least 1 ready to go.

Safe travels,

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 2

Back in 2016 we did a 14 day Canada and New England cruise that could also be split into two 7 day cruises. Because we booked it as a single 14 day cruise our account stayed the same. The only thing we could not do was book shore excursions for the second leg until it started. I noticed that shortly after our cruise NCL stopped the practice of doing the 14 day cruise as a single cruise. BTW the way the cruise showed up on the app was scary as it showed the itinerary for one leg with the start date of the other leg and other irregularites.

18 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

How are Lattitude Reward perks handled on B2B?  If you earn two specialty meals and a dinner with officers, do you receive those on both cruises or only one?  

I've always received new latitude reward perks at the beginning of each voyage when doing B2b.

(But I also don't want to jinx it).

- WYB

• Like 1