Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

I’m so excited for everybody sailing today! Have a great time and post some pics for those of us who still have to wait a few months!

And to the fine folk travelling from abroad, welcome to the Mediterranean! ❤️

Edited by Pixelskaya
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rexdillinger said:

It’s 6:30 am on a rainy morning in Civitavecchia on 2/28/2024, but the Sun Princess is waiting rise for her inaugural cruise in just a few hours. We are ready to board and bring you as many videos as you can stand to watch!😂 Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@rexdillinger?si=je6drrDl8-8r80ME so you don’t miss anything.

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg

Thanks for sharing Rex. I for one will be watching for your reports.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mofurd said:

Can confirm, just booked all of my main dining reservations for our May 25-June 1 sailing.

Hmmm. I still can't book the MDR for my 8Jun cruise; so perhaps they've only opened up MDR reservations through until 31May at this stage.

Edited by StevenW
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Pictures starting to appear on Facebook. So far a Penthouse Suite (with Lavazza coffee machine) and a Balcony cabin.

Yes, they are coming in now!

Such a beautiful ship!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Geoffa30 said:

Pictures starting to appear on Facebook. So far a Penthouse Suite (with Lavazza coffee machine) and a Balcony cabin.

And that’s my cabin in a few short weeks!  We are so excited. The balcony is even better than we expected!

• Like 3

That's a great looking Diner style menu! Deck 8 I think is the floor in the MDR you can't reserve for, so this makes sense as a more casual, come as you are / when you want, menu. 

• Like 2

On the ship now, I know some people were curious if the Mini suite cabanas are covered...they are with a TV out there and are very nice. We are on deck 11 in the sphere. We will be spending a lot of time out there

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

39 minutes ago, Milly1966 said:

On the ship now, I know some people were curious if the Mini suite cabanas are covered...they are with a TV out there and are very nice. We are on deck 11 in the sphere. We will be spending a lot of time out there

Post some photos.  We are booked on Deck 11 on the Sphere. Port side for us. 

• Like 1

I just looked at the Deck 8 American Diner menu, which apparently doesn't change all cruise. Yikes. I might enjoy that style of food occasionally, but not on a regular basis. Is Deck 8 the one that is only walk up? We were thinking of going that route, but not if we're faced with American diner food on a regular basis. 

Edited by cynbar
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Milly1966 said:

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Post some photos.  We are booked on Deck 11 on the Sphere. Port side for us. 

Deck 15 in the sphere come this October. Looking forward to any and all pictures.

Marty

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StevenW said:

Hmmm. I still can't book the MDR for my 8Jun cruise; so perhaps they've only opened up MDR reservations through until 31May at this stage.

They didn’t show up for me until after the final payment deadline a couple of days ago (my travel agent deposited on the due date), so if you went through a TA and they haven’t deposited that yet maybe that’s why? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, cynbar said:

I just looked at the Deck 8 American Diner menu, which apparently doesn't change all cruise. Yikes. I might enjoy that style of food occasionally, but not on a regular basis. Is Deck 8 the one that is only walk up? We were thinking of going that route, but not if we're faced with American diner food on a regular basis. 

No.

That would be Deck 6 or 7

Edited by Jadn13

56 minutes ago, cynbar said:

Don't quote  me, but my understanding is the 6 & 7 are 1 traditional dining, and the other Anytime dining with reservations or walkup

• Like 2