The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday December 16th, 2022

richwmn

7 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Several posts have mentioned Daniel's Madeira Taxis. If you've had a tour with them, could you say which tour it was? The list of those currently offered, other than custom tours, is at https://danielmadeirataxis.com/tours-excursions/.

We have done 5 different ones all over the Island , really liked the very West end and also along the North coast , quite a difference in nature to the North West end 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I say take the cruise.  If it turns out to be a party cruise, you can stand it for five days.  Our fathers both told us to travel while we were young and healthy, and that was the best advice they gave us.

I've booked it! The deciding factor had nothing to do with the actual cruise. I had already intended to stay overnight in Manhattan the night before embarkation--I'll leave my car at the Weehawken ferry terminal--instead of in New Jersey as I've done before. While there is no Met performance that night, I found that tickets are available for Leopoldstadt, for which I'd considered making a trip to New York last month. I've chosen a hotel in the theater district, very near the Longacre Theatre and, if the weather is decent, within walking distance of Pier 88 with rolling luggage.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

@Copper10-8 Our youngest grandchild when her mom wasn't looking for a while ,she found the Nutella .............. doesn't she look innocent  ? 

image.thumb.jpeg.0ecc370332e5ad812ad5512cc6127478.jpeg

Tony, great pic of that "Who, me?" cutie pie! Nutella brings back memories from my youth in Holland 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily news, would prefer the alternative menu from  @rafinmd Roy.

Appreciate all the photos of Madeira

@lindaler  Bon Voyage.

@grapau27  in your first photo, what is the statue commemorating?   Also, the other day you posted a photo of the dining table set for dinner, .did you post photos of the  food served during the meal?

@Quartzsite Cruiser  thank you for your excellent mutiquoting in post 67.

@smitty34877  am pleased that you have a date for surgery.

It's another foggy day, where is our summer?

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Thank you for your interest @erewhon.

This is the statue you asked about.

I did not post a photo of our Dinner.

It is -4°C here and the snow is still lying in our close.

Graham.

IMG_20221127_132852.jpg

Screenshot_20221217_084837.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2