Tender tickets in Nieuw Statendam

CruiserKris34

Hi, I'm new to HAL.  I did search for some info on tender tickets but didn't find anything specific.  On RC & Celebrity, we just went to the tender door & got in line.  I hear for HAL you have to get a ticket on HAL.  Can you do that on the app or do you go to Guest Services?  Thanks!  Kris

When on the NS last month, for Half Moon Cay, we got our tender tickets at BB Kings and then took a seat in a nearby bar for probably 10 minutes and then we were called and calmly got on the tender.   There was no line even when your number is called.   In fact, the only line we encountered was maybe 3 back from the omelet maker in lido but that's it for lines.

(no app or camping out at guest services for tender tickets, you are cruising Holland America Line and not "condo of the seas"...welcome aboard!)

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Thanks 1

They will announce where to go to pick up your tickets.  On our last cruise, we picked up our tickets and had to wait in the lounge area for approximately 30 minutes before they called our number to board.  My advice, get there early if you're anxious to get off of the ship quickly...  They did have coffee and tip set up in the area, which was a nice gesture!

• Thanks 1

What ports are you going to? What are you doing on those ports that are tender ports? You may not need tender tickets in a tender port if you are not rushing ashore or using a ship excursion.

Otherwise, you will be given directions on board as to how to get your tender tickets.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

I’ve never gotten a tender ticket when on a HAL excursion.

I assure you it was required last month on the NS.  We even confirmed this because it doesn't make sense.  It is ONE of the advantages of a HAL excursion.   With that said, we ultimately did not take the tour so I can not tell you the rest of the story.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I assure you it was required last month on the NS.  We even confirmed this because it doesn't make sense.  It is ONE of the advantages of a HAL excursion.   With that said, we ultimately did not take the tour so I can not tell you the rest of the story.

The only times I remember HAL shorex not providing tender passage is when the shorex was several hours after we arrived. Then the tours met on shore, as many people wanted to go in early to explore on their own. Then, say for an early afternoon shorex, you don't have to tender back to the ship and then tender back with the tour group. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We arrived at HMC this past Friday just before 9AM. Tenders were running by 9:15 but they were still calling numbers until a bit after 11AM. Open Tendering was not until about 11:10AM. Tendering was slowed by two ships at HMC. If there is only one ship it should go faster. 

Prior cruise on NA we did not need any tickets at all but we waited close to an hour between standing in line to board and filling the tender. A ticketing system would have worked better. There were 2 ships in that day also. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

54 minutes ago, WriterOnDeck said:

The only times I remember HAL shorex not providing tender passage is when the shorex was several hours after we arrived. Then the tours met on shore, as many people wanted to go in early to explore on their own. Then, say for an early afternoon shorex, you don't have to tender back to the ship and then tender back with the tour group. Makes sense to me.

My experience is the same a @WriterOnDeck.   I have never seen people on a HAL tour that met on the ship be required to get a tender ticket.   If you meet ashore, then you will always have to get a tender ticket on your own.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We were on the NS in November.  Even on a HAL excursion one must obtain the tender tickets on their own.  This was very disappointing.  

On NS 11/26-12/10-on a HAL shore ex in Gr Cayman, just waited in world stage for our tour to be called.  So I wonder if this was different went going ashore in Half Moon Cay where we didn't try to go ashore early.

• Thanks 1