New Drink Package Prices?

bookitdanno

29 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

Hmm.  I wonder when that starts.  We board in 2 weeks and I paid for the soda package for my husband.  I see that option is no longer available.  Do I cancel it? 

That's actually not true.  The non alcoholic package is now called zero proof at a cost of $30 per day.  

7 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

That's actually not true.  The non alcoholic package is now called zero proof at a cost of $30 per day.  

I didn't post the comment about soda/water being included.  I'm just as confused as everyone else.  All I see in my planner is alcoholic options.  The kids package, soda package, and non-alcoholic package are all gone.  There is no Zero proof option.  Maybe they are still updating the site.  The previous poster said when they called they were told soda, water, and coffee were included.  Not sure why Celebrity would do that.

drinks.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jenf22 said:

Hmm.  I wonder when that starts.  We board in 2 weeks and I paid for the soda package for my husband.  I see that option is no longer available.  Do I cancel it? 

My cousin is the same situation. I told him to just keep the soda package and once onboard if he finds out it's included he can then ask for a refund. Hate to cancel a package that you can no longer get.

Edited by Amhere219
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I agree it seems to good to be true, but it's also weird that I can't purchase that "Zero" package on my current bookings.

Maybe it's only included in current bookings since we made those reservations before the drink package changes?

For everyone curious about my post on the soda, water, coffee being included....I recommend you call either your travel agent or Celebrity reservations at 888-751-7804 to verify. I was only passing on what I was told by two different agents and wanted to make others aware.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amhere219 said:

For everyone curious about my post on the soda, water, coffee being included....I recommend you call either your travel agent or Celebrity reservations at 888-751-7804 to verify. I was only passing on what I was told by two different agents and wanted to make others aware.

And see if they will email you a written confirmation and print it out and bring it on the cruise!

1 hour ago, jenf22 said:

I didn't post the comment about soda/water being included.  I'm just as confused as everyone else.  All I see in my planner is alcoholic options.  The kids package, soda package, and non-alcoholic package are all gone.  There is no Zero proof option.  Maybe they are still updating the site.  The previous poster said when they called they were told soda, water, and coffee were included.  Not sure why Celebrity would do that.

drinks.jpg

I assume its still being updated.  As far as giving away free drinks valued at $30 per day plus gratuities that just won't happen. Celebrity is not that generous. 

It might be my eyes or the IT department. With Chrome I cant see the What's included. So I went to MS Edge and it does show What's included. Neither Classic or Premium packages say that soda or water are included. What's included only shows what type of Alcoholic with each package.

Classic: Enjoy the drink you want, when you want it, morning, noon, and night, with a fantastic array of liquors, wines for any palate, beers from light and crisp to dark and robust, plus alcoholic drinks up to $10. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%.

Premium: This versatile drinks package lets you start your morning with fresh squeezed orange juice and a premium coffee, enjoy a frozen cocktail by the pool, and then a glass of wine with dinner. Enjoy all the spirits listed in our Classic Package, plus drinks up to $17. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 20%.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fatfish said:

I just got off phone with Celebrity & was able to add Classic Alcohol package (9 night)(2 people)(Elite +) for a total of $950.04; That's cheaper than old rate???    Call!

Just went into my Cruise Planner for my April next cruise on Silhouette.

The cost to include the Classic package showed as……I’m Elite.

Classic Package

Full Sailing - 10 Days

From

£79.96 GBP / per guest per day
£87.87 GBP onboard
(9% OFF )PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS 

£1600 for 10 days,,,I came off a P&O cruise in October and I paid £960 for x2 for 14 days.

47 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

It might be my eyes or the IT department. With Chrome I cant see the What's included. So I went to MS Edge and it does show What's included. Neither Classic or Premium packages say that soda or water are included. What's included only shows what type of Alcoholic with each package.

Classic: Enjoy the drink you want, when you want it, morning, noon, and night, with a fantastic array of liquors, wines for any palate, beers from light and crisp to dark and robust, plus alcoholic drinks up to $10. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%.

Premium: This versatile drinks package lets you start your morning with fresh squeezed orange juice and a premium coffee, enjoy a frozen cocktail by the pool, and then a glass of wine with dinner. Enjoy all the spirits listed in our Classic Package, plus drinks up to $17. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 20%.

To follow on from my post above.

’Whats included’ in Classic in my Planner shows water,coffee,soda etc

What's Included

• Vodkas: Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s
  • Whiskeys: Canadian Club, Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s 7, Seagram’s VO
  • Rums: Bacardi and flavors, , Captain Morgan’s, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew
  • Tequilas: Cazadores Blanco, Don Julio Blanco
  • Beers: Alaska Brewing beers on Alaska sailingsCoors Light, Corona, Corona Light, Franziskaner, Heineken, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, , Red Stripe, Sam Adams Rebel IPA, Strongbow hard ciders
  • Gins: Beefeater, Bombay Dry, Gordon’s
  • Non-Alcoholic: Nonpremium bottle water, Premium coffees, Juices, Sodas, Premium teas
  • Cocktails: A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits
  • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Campari, Galliano, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Kirsch, Licor 43, , Ouzo, Romana Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria
  • A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile and Australia.

32 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

This is untrue and very misleading. 

Depends on what you drink and I don’t think it's untrue. We have never had a problem with the classic package. In fact the one time we tried the premium package we might have had at most 3 drinks that qualified as premium over a 12 night cruise. As far as I’m concerned you might question the word “fantastic” but hey that's marketing and you can still see the list of choices before choosing the classic package if you do your research prior to your final booking. 

What's Included

• Vodkas: Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s
  • Whiskeys: Canadian Club, Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s 7, Seagram’s VO
  • Rums: Bacardi and flavors, , Captain Morgan’s, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew
  • Beers: Alaska Brewing beers on Alaska sailingsCoors Light, Corona, Corona Light, Franziskaner, Heineken, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, , Red Stripe, Sam Adams Rebel IPA, Strongbow hard ciders
  • Non-Alcoholic: Nonpremium bottle water, Premium coffees, Juices, Sodas, Premium teas
  • Cocktails: A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits
  • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Campari, Galliano, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Kirsch, Licor 43, , Ouzo, Romana Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria
  • A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile and Australia.

On second thought it does look like a “fantastic array”.

39 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

Depends on what you drink and I don’t think it's untrue. We have never had a problem with the classic package. In fact the one time we tried the premium package we might have had at most 3 drinks that qualified as premium over a 12 night cruise. As far as I’m concerned you might question the word “fantastic” but hey that's marketing and you can still see the list of choices before choosing the classic package if you do your research prior to your final booking. 

Maybe I'm just a very particular red wine drinker but their premium selection is not nearly as good as years gone by and the half decent ones they do have onboard are depleted mid way through the sailing. 

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

To follow on from my post above.

’Whats included’ in Classic in my Planner shows water,coffee,soda etc

What's Included

• Vodkas: Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s
  • A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile and Australia.

This is from Celebrity.com website

Vodkas: Tito’s, Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff 

Whiskeys: Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s VO

Gins: Beefeater, Gordon’s, Praire Gin

Rums: Bacardi and flavors, Captain Morgan’s, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew

Tequilas: Don Julio Blanco, Teremana Blanco

Beers: Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Heineken, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Michelob Ultra, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, Strongbow Cider

Cocktails: A large selection of classic cocktails made with Classic Beverage Package spirits

Liqueurs and Cognacs: Campari, Galliano, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Licor 43, Ouzo, Sambuca Romana, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria

A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile, and Australia.

Wow nothing like a increase. It would make sense and this depends on how much you drink if you already have the classic package and want to upgrade to the premium just pay the difference instead of paying $40 a day to upgrade plus gratuities.

I’m guessing if single drink price allowances they would go up proportionally the current differences are $9 (Classic) and $15 (premium). You’d have to drink 6-1/2 martinis everyday to break even. You could still drink anything on Classic. Should be enough selection and options.

3 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Wow nothing like a increase. It would make sense and this depends on how much you drink if you already have the classic package and want to upgrade to the premium just pay the difference instead of paying $40 a day to upgrade plus gratuities.

I’m guessing if single drink price allowances they would go up proportionally the current differences are $9 (Classic) and $15 (premium). You’d have to drink 6-1/2 martinis everyday to break even. You could still drink anything on Classic. Should be enough selection and options.

I upgraded so I can drink and not think about it.  And of course have that wider array of choices.  I know the bar will tell me the price of everything but I don’t want to do the math you do before getting the bill.  Math is hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, zitsky said:

I upgraded so I can drink and not think about it.  And of course have that wider array of choices.  I know the bar will tell me the price of everything but I don’t want to do the math you do before getting the bill.  Math is hard.

This is the kind of logic that the cruise lines are banking on. A few more months and watch the prices rise again. If I had to worry about the bar bill, and was willing to pay several hundreds of dollars, per person, so that wouldn’t happen, I would re-examine my choices on how to allocate funds. Math is quite easy when dealing with my finances.

After procrastinating on booking a beverage package for our BCC comped February cruise to the Mexican Riveria, I was ticked-off to learn that prices had gone up significantly earlier this week.  I decided to call the Blue Chip Club and at least get the 15% discount.  Well, they did better than that...

After being on hold for two hours, and then being told they were no longer offering the 15% discount, I was offered some sort of "special"  deal on the Premium Package.  With my CC Classic level 10% discount, it ended up being just under $60/person + the added gratituity; for the seven day cruise the final cost was $1,007.72 for the two of us to get the Premium Package!  This was actually cheaper than what they were quoting for the Classic Package.  To say the least, I am thrilled!

Edited by CincinnatiKid16
  • Like 1

Personally I cant see us buying drinks packages. We upgrade to Premium package if we book aqua class. Any data out there on what % of cruisers book cruise only and want a Premium or Classic drink package.

While I'm not worried about my bar bill if I did not have a drink package. Not having to sign is nice.