New Drink Package Prices?

bookitdanno

On 12/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, zitsky said:

I went ahead and upgraded myself but not my partner.  He doesn’t care about alcohol like I do.  I figure I “saved” about $100 including gratuity.  I’m pretty sure I got the old pricing.

How do I explain to my partner that he’s stuck with Classic?  😭

Don't explain at all, he will find out day one!!! LOL

(as you are having your dom and caviar and smiling wildly...)

Cheers and bon voyage

On 12/20/2022 at 12:47 AM, LGW59 said:

Just like many of say regarding tips, cash is king.  Same applies to the crazy costs Celebrity is pushing now, for everything, cash is king, and I’m giving mine for my May 2023 cruise to Oceania.  First time for me but I have to test the waters so to speak, I’ll find out soon enough.

I, for one, cannot wait to read your take on the sailing...

bon voyage

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Don't explain at all, he will find out day one!!! LOL

(as you are having your dom and caviar and smiling wildly...)

Cheers and bon voyage

31 years together and we may not make it to 32!

When he finds out he will insist I upgrade him.  “But you don’t care what you drink?”  Why don’t I just do it now?  Maybe because I enjoy pain.  Maybe because I want to save money.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

d2 - was that by choice or chance due to lack of inventory aboard, do you know???

Cheers and bon voyage

I think a bit of both.  I remember the waiter walking around with bottles of CK Mondavi on basic which is what I drank during HH. It was actually very good surprised it was not on premium. 

• Thanks 1

Well looks like we are just going to stay with our classic package for our April cruise on Beyond.

I was going to call and see I could get old pricing but DW says she’s fine with Classic.

I rarely get premium unless it’s included at time of booking.

Maybe they will run some sales and we will change our mind.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:46 AM, Amhere219 said:

I called Celebrity reservations today about the drink package pricing. They stated that the "cruise only" fare now includes unlimited water, sodas, and non alcoholic specialty coffees.
Just to be sure, I called back, got a different person, and they stated the same thing. Hope it's true. 🙂

It would be nice if true.  It would match Oceania.   However, if it is true then the $30 pp/pd Zero Proof package makes absolutely no sense.  Also, if it were true, you would think that Celebrity would be advertising it all over their website.

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I think a bit of both.  I remember the waiter walking around with bottles of CK Mondavi on basic which is what I drank during HH. It was actually very good surprised it was not on premium. 

Years ago, when Celebrity only had one drink  package, we were introduced to Catena Cab on a cruise. At the time it retailed for around $15 a bottle. My husband, who is a total wine snob, even liked it. They no longer stock it on the ship but every so often we still buy a bottle and enjoy it.

• Like 1

Hi, another data point. My wife are on the transatlantic Reflection crossing in October. Just got off the phone with Celebrity and was quoted $594.72 to upgrade from existing Classic to Premium, this included the 10% CC discount. Looks like we'll be ordering gin & tonics instead of Tanquery Ten & tonics! Yikes.

1 minute ago, HogDog said:

Hi, another data point. My wife are on the transatlantic Reflection crossing in October. Just got off the phone with Celebrity and was quoted $594.72 to upgrade from existing Classic to Premium, this included the 10% CC discount. Looks like we'll be ordering gin & tonics instead of Tanquery Ten & tonics! Yikes.

Probably cheaper to pay the upgrade per drink.  The packages pricing is now so high its out of control.  Still, many don't care and continue to pay absurd prices and Celebrity loves them.

8 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

I'm a beer drinker and I'm sticking with classic, last X cruise, the month covid hit, I had trouble finding beers on the premium list at a lot of the bars so I was drinking mostly beers on the classic list anyway.

If you do find them, most will only cost you $1 or $2 per beer with the classic.

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

If you do find them, most will only cost you $1 or $2 per beer with the classic.

You know, that's a good point, I'll just start doing that when I find an Anchor Steam or Blue Moon.  That really would not add up that much in the scheme of things. 

56 minutes ago, chamima said:

Years ago, when Celebrity only had one drink  package, we were introduced to Catena Cab on a cruise. At the time it retailed for around $15 a bottle. My husband, who is a total wine snob, even liked it. They no longer stock it on the ship but every so often we still buy a bottle and enjoy it.

My partner likes to tease me that I used to only drink wine from Chile based on a so-so trip to Argentina.  But we did a NCL cruise later to both countries and I found some Argentine wine I liked including some Catena.

I’m still keeping my Premium package.  I want to be able to shake my card in front of someone’s face and say “See!  I have status!”.  🙂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

31 years together and we may not make it to 32!

When he finds out he will insist I upgrade him.  “But you don’t care what you drink?”  Why don’t I just do it now?  Maybe because I enjoy pain.  Maybe because I want to save money.

z I had learned since my spouse and I started cruising, together, that it is best to upgrade both at the same time regardless of the financial cost as the the 'psychological' cost daily would far outweigh the financial... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

z I had learned since my spouse and I started cruising, together, that it is best to upgrade both at the same time regardless of the financial cost as the the 'psychological' cost daily would far outweigh the financial... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

But Bo, I would upgrade him, but he made me take out the trash this week.  I hold a grudge a long time.  😂

Ok maybe I’ll do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

But Bo, I would upgrade him, but he made me take out the trash this week.  I hold a grudge a long time.  😂

Ok maybe I’ll do it.

LOL - you were "... made to ... to take out the trash" only this week???

Heck that is worth an automatic upgrade regardless... LOL, I have to take it out every week, I trade with you!!!!

Cheers and bon voyage

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

My partner likes to tease me that I used to only drink wine from Chile based on a so-so trip to Argentina.  But we did a NCL cruise later to both countries and I found some Argentine wine I liked including some Catena.

I’m still keeping my Premium package.  I want to be able to shake my card in front of someone’s face and say “See!  I have status!”.  🙂

Yes, with this action they will know you have status and not the type you would be exclaiming, at the time though... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, with this action they will know you have status and not the type you would be exclaiming, at the time though... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Ok I have decided I don’t want to be in a relationship with someone who only has Classic status.  So he gets an upgrade.  But only if he doesn’t make me take out the trash again.  Every week?  No way!

• Haha 3

I read through the Celebrity website and this post and am still confused!  Are sodas, sparkling waters, premium teas included in either the Classic or Premium Packages or do you need to have a Zero Proof Package in addition to one of the above packages?  🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️.  

1 minute ago, Josie201 said:

I’ve read through this but losing track.  Any experience this week with upgrades.  I’m E+ so I think that’s 10 or 15%.   

I upgraded via phone this week for Jan cruise.  Paid old rate—$11.99 per day (plus 20% gratuity) which included the Elite Plus 15% discount for upgrade to Premium.  
At new prices, may just skip all packages next time and pay a la carte. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chamima said:

The Catena cab is from Argentina. Excellent wines

9 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

I upgraded via phone this week for Jan cruise.  Paid old rate—$11.99 per day (plus 20% gratuity) which included the Elite Plus 15% discount for upgrade to Premium.  
At new prices, may just skip all packages next time and pay a la carte. 🤷‍♀️

You are better off with a la carte. Celebrity banks on people taking the upgrade and then not using it to full potential. 

22 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

I read through the Celebrity website and this post and am still confused!  Are sodas, sparkling waters, premium teas included in either the Classic or Premium Packages or do you need to have a Zero Proof Package in addition to one of the above packages?  🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️.  

Premium teas are included  in Classic.

Sparkling waters just in Premium. (Everything in Classic is also included in Premium)

We don't drink soda so I'm not sure which package includes them .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

They have finally updated all the package descriptions when you look for a booked sailing. Here is the non alcohol verbiage under each, a piece that was missing earlier this week.  The Zero Proof package is actually there now too.

Classic: ($89 per day)

• Non-Alcoholic: Nonpremium bottle water, Premium coffees, Juices, Sodas, Premium teas

Premium: ($109 per day)

• Non-Alcoholic: Premium bottled water, Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Juices (fresh, bottled), Red Bull, Sodas, Premium teas, Honest iced teas, Matcha teas, Vitaminwater

Zero Proof ($30 per day)

• Refresh with premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier, San Pellegrino, & Panna, Specialty Coffees & Organic Teas, Red Bull Energy Drink, Frozen Smoothies, Zero Proof Cocktails, Coca-Cola selections, offerings from Vitamin Water, and Bottled Iced Teas.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1