Ovation has a propulsion problem

Schlugs

9 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

What email addresses?????????

So obviously you must know more than the captain……..I am sure if he read some  ( most) of your posts he may possibly  form a similar opinion of you to what you have of him. 🤔🤔

All respect Graham Ovation seems to be a comedy of errors.
Sure there’s mechanical issues,medical evacuations but it seems to be ongoing. 

@resordanisis pretty switched on .

44 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

What are you talking about? The cruise was never scheduled to go to isle of pines, isle of pines is in fact still closed to cruise ships. They can't stop and make a day of it, the ship is returning at a slow speed because of engine troubles. 

Royal has refunded 50% of fare and given 25% FCC just for missing 2 points. Generous. What are people going to email about.

I was on a couple of cruises back and it was much the same.

On boarding we were given a flyer Mystery Island was canceled .First disappointment 

We spent 3 days,2 nights at anchor in Vila,most of the time we couldn’t get off. Second disappointment.

We requested a overnight in Noumea in compensation  and it didn’t happen.

We dropped a medical evacuation into Noumea and went back out to sea and did circles for 18 hours. Third disappointment.

The captain is more than just a captain he is the CEO of the ship. 

And that captain is a meat head.

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

All respect Graham Ovation seems to be a comedy of errors.
Sure there’s mechanical issues,medical evacuations but it seems to be ongoing. 

@resordanisis pretty switched on .

Yes, she is, after meeting her and her husband the other day, it seems we think alike about “ certain “ things.

So are you now blaming the captain for mechanical issues and medical emergencies? Miami would make a lot of those types of  calls.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Yes, she is, after meeting her and her husband the other day, it seems we think alike about “ certain “ things.

So are you now blaming the captain for mechanical issues and medical emergencies? Miami would make a lot of those types of  calls.

Well he doesn’t seem like much of a mechanic.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t believe that .

Im afraid the captain is just a meat head.

You have the emails addresses  ??

1 - they arrived late in the day for the medevac

2 - Isle of Pines isn't currently allowing any ships to tender passengers ashore, for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Thanks Gbenjo.

actually we do have Gavin’s email address plus all details for the  Hotel Director but don’t feel the need to contact anyone! .  We actually feel they were extremely generous and I hear very few complaints, if any. . I expected around $100 - $200 plus port charges. Unfortunately mechanical issues happen all the time with anything and I understand they want all to be right for future cruises.

The medical and everything else happened exactly as the Captain predicted and we were kept up date.

I can tell you that most people we have spoken to are spending their money or booking another cruise (which we will do).I will say if I needed to be evacuated I would be very happy to have the service that seems to be have offered to this person.I do not know the details, but hope that they are ok.

• Like 5

The reason for Quantum missing Mystery Island last week was the best one yet. Due to a medical evac they were late leaving Vila which meant it was dark and the rhinoceros beetles came out. The locals were worried they would be on the ship and tenders and would contaminate mystery island. Don't shoot the messenger. 😜😜

• Haha 2

Starboard aziepod has shut its self down after no warnings been only operational in reverse thrust .Pod Will be accessed in Sydney to check out . Ill d pins closed to cruiseships except ME . The beetle issue has been known for 10 years . Gavens 2ic is onboard b2b .20221220_032409.thumb.jpg.b6fd719c3e0b9f5aafda239c05e99874.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Didn’t they get a ship almost as big into a partial dry dock in Newcastle about 3 years ago?

They put a box under one of the azipods 

This would depend on your definition of "almost as big", since Radiance is about half the size of Ovation.

20 hours ago, springaussie said:

Yes on Radiance! 

And, we remember what happened when they did the partial drydockings in Bahamas.

15 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The captain is more than just a captain he is the CEO of the ship. 

Nope.  Decisions like this are made at corporate level.  The Captain has overriding authority when it comes to decisions of safety of the vessel, passengers, crew, and environment, not over how the ship spends the company's money.  He may be responsible for poor revenue performance of the vessel, but not for decisions as to where the ship goes, or how long it stays there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, springaussie said:

Is anyone else thinking of going to Singapore at short notice if a dry dock is necessary? 
Miami will want it fixed before Alaska! 
(Probably will not happen)

If this is a bearing problem in the azipod, then these are the newer XO pods, that can replace the thrust bearings without dry docking.  If it is a rope around the shaft, this should be able to be addressed by divers, first cutting the rope loose, and then replacing the shaft seal if necessary.  These shaft seal repairs are done underwater all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That s what the captain on Ovation said 

image.jpeg.989a117cdf9076c0acdb6965c90427ae.jpeg

Do you know what the requirements of the company's ISM code are for making decisions as to where a ship ports and when?  If you don't, and unless you work for RCI, you don't, then you can't make any kind of informed judgement on the decisions made for this cruise.  Not only are shipboard personnel, but shoreside right up to the CEO, are required to follow the ISM, which outlines how every aspect of the company's business is performed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Considering the next sailing on Friday is a Christmas/new years cruise you would think they would need to let people know ASAP if there were bigger problems.

I would be worried if I was a future passenger.  Hope they keep their passengers informed.

9 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Considering the next sailing on Friday is a Christmas/new years cruise you would think they would need to let people know ASAP if there were bigger problems.

They claim they are checking the Azipod in Sydney on Friday and fix if possible according to a previous post informing passengers mentioning the next cruise. 
After this the passengers will get the good or bad news I assume. 

Edited by springaussie
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, springaussie said:

They claim they are checking the Azipod in Sydney on Friday and fix if possible according to a previous post informing passengers mentioning the next cruise. 
After this the passengers will get the good or bad news I assume. 

It must be an internal check. Circular Quay isn't really a great spot for underwater visibility.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Didn’t they get a ship almost as big into a partial dry dock in Newcastle about 3 years ago?

They put a box under one of the azipods 

Time flies. The dry dock that was in Newcastle was sold in 2012, and is now in the port of Walvis Bay, Namibia.

46 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Do you know what the requirements of the company's ISM code are for making decisions as to where a ship ports and when?  If you don't, and unless you work for RCI, you don't, then you can't make any kind of informed judgement on the decisions made for this cruise.  Not only are shipboard personnel, but shoreside right up to the CEO, are required to follow the ISM, which outlines how every aspect of the company's business is performed.

Well I’m not just referring to the current mechanical issues.
There seems to be a ongoing  saga of disappointments for passengers.

From embarking,entertainment, constant canceled shore tours,canceled ports .

Someone must be responsible in the chain of command.

• Like 1