Flight home after August Alaska Cruise on Ovation of the seas from Seattle

jlederma

36 minutes ago, jlederma said:

Ship is scheduled to dock in Seattle at 6a on a Friday AM. What is the realistic earliest flight out which we could catch?

Living in the Seattle area, I agree, 11am is the best. A ship docking at 6am, does not mean disembarking at 6. It really depends when the ship is cleared. Any little thing can delay disembarking,. Also being a Friday, means extra rush hour traffic in the downtown corridor. Cruisers asks these questions all the time, and there’s really just no way to tell. I think most answers leave some room for issues. Also the airport is packed during cruise season, so security waits could be an issue too. Could you make an earlier flight? Sure, but is it worth the stress?

On 12/19/2022 at 10:38 AM, jlederma said:

Ship is scheduled to dock in Seattle at 6a on a Friday AM. What is the realistic earliest flight out which we could catch?

Could you make a 9AM flight? Sure, maybe, possibly even probably, but do you want to end a vacation with stress over making a flight? I get that you lose hours flying East and don't like arriving at 9 or 10PM, but better that than undo 7 days of relaxation by stressing over making flights and worse, missing flights.

You’ll see that people make early flights although noon is usually safe. Port Valet won’t accept luggage with a flight departure of earlier than noon.  Earlier flights will work most times but there are also times that it can get congested at SeaTac and they won't.  The demand for travel looks to be very high in 2023 and it’s hard to tell what airport wait times will be.   This is from September this year.

https://mynorthwest.com/3645776/sea-tac-long-security-lines/

• 1 month later...

I agree with @Glaciers above. There tends to be confusion at the pick-up area due to a funnel effect of cars and vans. If you can take a pre-arranged shuttle I would do it. They have their own entrance to the pick-up area. We live close to term. 91 and I could have walked home faster than it took my husband to get to us.