GTY not assigned until boarding day

I was wondering if anyone has experienced not getting their gty room assigned until boarding day. I'm 5 days out and still just says gty, yes even in the barcode is gty.

My main question is if there is still no room assigned by boarding day are we able to still give the luggage to the porters without a room on the luggage tags?

TIA

1 hour ago, royalmariner24 said:

You can call RCCL CROWN and ANCHOR and they will tell you what your room number is do you can print your luggage tags.

Very unlikely neither C&A nor RCI rep can tell you anything if the cabin is not assigned.

• Like 2

Mine was  guarantee on the barcode, but when I transferred it to Apple wallet, there were some numbers under the barcode that indicated my cabin number. Try that.

Also, you really don’t need luggage tags in advance, the porters will have them for you.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Mine was , guarantee on the barcode, but when I transferred it to Apple wallet, there were some numbers under the barcode that indicated my cabin number.

The OP already said that even decoding the barcode did not reveal the assignment.

Mine has changed at the port. It was a NICE upgrade. Didn't bother me at all. I think someone didn't want it because it was in a noisy area. I was happy. It is like gambling. I have 2 guarantees booked right now. Just booked this week for 2 weeks from now. The Jan 9 cruise gave us a room # within a day; still waiting on the Jan 14 cruise. Different ships. I do contact my TA and see if I can change the room within category if I don't like the room and there are any rooms in same cat available. Plus, I believe you have the ability to "lock down" the room you get, if you do not want an "upgrade" after your room is assigned.