ships. Furthermore, I reckon a modest redesign of the bow end 

facilities could see the gym relocated and a lounge reinstated. Does 

the gym need a forward view ?

Do they need a gym? 🤔😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Don’t agree, we prefer S class and we sail in suites

I need to do another S class but I just love outdoor retreat with its bar and pool , I prefer M class Luminae since it doesn’t have the huge amount of suites like E , my only S class was before Luminae and suite lounge.

On 12/21/2022 at 7:39 PM, horseymike said:

Have been on E class ship yet . 
The S class ships have been very enjoyable.

Any opinions , pros , cons ?

Thanks

We have sailed the Silhouette & Equinox (2x) plus Edge (2x) & Apex.

We have loved every sailing but I am OBSESSED with E-class!

Why? 

IMO E-class is a step up for Celebrity (who I feel is a step up from other lines)

The shows are FANTASTIC (which are hit & miss on S-class)

I LOVE the 4 smaller dining rooms.

I LOVE Eden---different experience on both ships. Cool spot during the day. (tho admittedly some very uncomfortable seating in places---did no one TEST the seating b4 buying it??!!)

And I am NOT usually a specialty dining person.

I AM an IV fan (tho loved our aft on Edge)--I sit more there than I do on a traditional balcony...weird, I know.

On S-class always felt the atrium was too small for what they wanted it to be on S-class, and the "Entertainment Court" is a joke--8 seats for game shows? 

We do like the Sky Lounge for dancing (MUCH better for silent disco than atrium) but the club on E-class is better if there is a lot of movement.

Don't get me wrong, sailed Edge & Apex last year & early this year, and Equinox last month & had a blast. 

But booked Beyond for next year...

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 7:49 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Avoid the Sky Suites within the Magic Carpet rails – the rails really block the visibility.  Also the Edge class ships are IMHO much noisier and less classy that the S-class.  But then, we prefer M-class above all so YMMV.

This.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 7:17 AM, Gracie115 said:

Don’t agree, we prefer S class and we sail in suites

Someone did a poll a year or two back.  The suite cruisers were much happier than the non-suite cruisers on E class.  Your mileage may vary.

The E class non-suite is so sub par I would only sail in a suite.  If you want a real balcony and forward looking view you would only sail in a suite.

I realize that most of these suite luxuries are available on S class to non-suite cruisers.

I LOVED the Retreat lounge.  Huge windows.  Comfortable seating.  Lovely music.  A bar. Help-yourself-soda and water, a patio shaded with the ocean sounds.  Sun deck was fabulous.  Rooftop gardens on E class much better than S-class for lounging.  Eden has lots of seating and huge windows (aft) if you don’t have Retreat access.  Cafe Bacio is much larger on e-class.  Never a problem to get seating.  Magic carpet is open with nice views and comfortable seating during the day.   We dined with friends staying in Sky Suites in Luminae on Reflection, and Luminae on E class is muuuuuch nicer with beautiful sea views.

The only thing I missed about the S-class was the Atrium, the tree, and riding up and down the center elevators.  I also like the library in the s-class.  All this being said, if I were to book Aqua class balcony, I’d go for S Class as I like Persian Gardens better than Eclass Thermal Suites.  The S class spa has a great Relaxation lounge at the front of the ship. The E class relaxation room is smaller and has a side rather than front view. also, Blu has poor views on E class.

Edited by chilliano
  • Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 6:25 AM, montythecat said:

NantahalaCruiser is entitled to think that the lack of a forward facing

lounge is a ‘major suite marketing strategy’ but it certainly seems to

be discouraging a lot of people from booking holidays on E class 

ships. Furthermore, I reckon a modest redesign of the bow end 

facilities could see the gym relocated and a lounge reinstated. Does 

the gym need a forward view ?

There are a lot of people that do not know that E class does not have real balconies and forward-looking views for non-suite classes.  Therefore, the complaints from cruisers onboard.  The lack of knowledge about these ships does not prevent them from being booked.  They will just be surprised, disappointed, and complain onboards.

My first assumption about E class non-suites was that it was a new ship and better than the old ship.  Boy was I wrong...

So yes the uninformed cruiser will continue to book E class just because it is a newer ship.

The boring greige decor blah blah blah ...  A total lack of imagination ...

Why not build their E class ships after a successful hotel model?

Edited by NMTraveller

On 12/23/2022 at 1:52 PM, NantahalaCruiser said:

Your "major design error" is Celebrity's "major suite marketing strategy"

Yep in every way.  Celebrity is trying to maximize the almighty dollar and shareholder profit at the expense of the cruiser.

Every time Celebrity attempts to take-out forward-looking views and put in more suites that pay more $$ to Celebrity while downgrading the experience for non-suite cruisers. 

This is why some of us do not like the Celebrity Revolution to S class ships or the reduction in size of the Sky View Lounge.

37 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

There are a lot of people that do not know that E class does not have real balconies and forward-looking views for non-suite classes.  Therefore, the complaints from cruisers onboard.  The lack of knowledge about these ships does not prevent them from being booked.  They will just be surprised, disappointed, and complain onboards.

My first assumption about E class non-suites was that it was a new ship and better than the old ship.  Boy was I wrong...

So yes the uninformed cruiser will continue to book E class just because it is a newer ship.

The boring greige decor blah blah blah ...  A total lack of imagination ...

Why not build their E class ships after a successful hotel model?

I thought the EDGE was stunning in every way

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Suite cruiser 🙂 🙂 🙂🙂 

Need I say more?

Ahem.  I get it.  You guys have the forward looking views and real balconies.

What is your experience in non-suites?

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Yes.  More loud and shouty for E class vs quiet and refined for S.

While we do love the S and M class ships, the Martini bars, are very noisy and very crowded during peak times of the day- E class offers much more seating- while the ice bar is missed.  The aft cabins have regular balconies on the e-class ships, so for those who do not like the infinite balcony a great option.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Someone did a poll a year or two back.  The suite cruisers were much happier than the non-suite cruisers on E class.  Your mileage may vary.

The E class non-suite is so sub par I would only sail in a suite.  If you want a real balcony and forward looking view you would only sail in a suite.

I realize that most of these suite luxuries are available on S class to non-suite cruisers.

It’s not that we didn’t like the suite class on Apex, it was fine, we just like S class more. Luminae is better, more intimate, more choices. Service excellent on both. We prefer Retreat lounge on S class, with drink servers not just the bartender trying to take care of the whole lounge. 

While Cafe al Bacio is bigger I do not agree it is easy to get a seat… if you would want one. The martini bar in the same area plays incredibly loud music pretty much all the time.

The E class theatre is amazing, far nicer than S class, Eden is nice.  

I am sure some would disagree but we didn’t like being so far forward, prefer the more centralized location of most suites on S class.

But our next cruise is on Apex and am sure it will be fine, but after that we will go back to S class, if we can afford it…..which is a big IF considering pricing these days.

• Like 3

I have not sailed on E class, but the impression I get from this thread is that suite guests love their facilities while non suite guests are not so happy.  Since we will probably never book a suite, particularly since the price increases and the fact that drinks are included, which is not value for us, I think we will stick to S class.  After more than 30 cruises with Celebrity, and one more booked, I feel as though it is time to look for another line, maybe one that provides us with more value for money.  I appreciate that everyone has their own version of value, but we cruise for destinations not just to be on a ship.

12 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Yep in every way.  Celebrity is trying to maximize the almighty dollar and shareholder profit at the expense of the cruiser.

Every time Celebrity attempts to take-out forward-looking views and put in more suites that pay more $$ to Celebrity while downgrading the experience for non-suite cruisers. 

This is why some of us do not like the Celebrity Revolution to S class ships or the reduction in size of the Sky View Lounge.

there are way more non-cruisers (or rather never cruised) than there are cruisers.  That is who X wants to attract.  The non-cruise crowd is coming from hotels that don't have forward views and will pay for suites

why would X want to fight over value pax with HAL and Princess who want a la carte everything?  No money or profit there.  The plan is to get traditional hotel vacation customers on board.  Been to a JW Marriott resort somewhere ?  It is expensive and it is packed to the gills.Ain't no one complaining either 

From an earlier post:

“We prefer Retreat lounge on S class, with drink servers not just the bartender trying to take care of the whole lounge.”

just off Apex, where I spent a fair amount of time in the Retreat Lounge and patio. There were many more staff than the bartender.  The staff in the lounge were the friendliest and most helpful on board.  If I didn’t have self-control, I’d have easily had a fresh drink every 10-15 minutes as that’s how often they checked in on me.  T 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 11:24 AM, smtcan said:

I have not sailed on E class, but the impression I get from this thread is that suite guests love their facilities while non suite guests are not so happy.  Since we will probably never book a suite, particularly since the price increases and the fact that drinks are included, which is not value for us, I think we will stick to S class.  After more than 30 cruises with Celebrity, and one more booked, I feel as though it is time to look for another line, maybe one that provides us with more value for money.  I appreciate that everyone has their own version of value, but we cruise for destinations not just to be on a ship.

I’ll reiterate that if I were booking Aqua, I’d probably go for S class.  

Even on S class, the gym has a front view.  It’s slightly better on Eclass.  For both, the location is a good incentive to spend some time doing a bit of exercise.

If you like Cafe Baccio, you may prefer E class.  We often had issues getting seating on S class, never on E class.  (Downside is the gelato place is gone on the E class). however, there is a nice deck with chairs on the S class on the same deck that is missing from the E class.  

bottom line?  e class and S class are both great.  Which has the best price for the time you can get away?  Me?  I’d try for Sky Suite on E class as it ticks all the boxes for me.  But if I an Aqua class were available on an S class at a time that worked for me, I’d take it and be happy too.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:47 PM, LGW59 said:

If I'm not mistaken, you're a suite cruiser.  It will be interesting to see if Celebrity' ship within a ship concept for the suites will work out in the long term.  Celebrity is trying to market and price the suites on the E-class the same as the suites on the true luxury lines.   I'm seeing more and more comments that people in this market prefer the true luxury lines.  I believe that Celebrity is trying to use the higher prices on the suites to raise the prices on all of the cabins.  I think this will turn out to be a mistake.  Cruisers in the non-suite cabins will compare the prices to those on other mass market lines and will drift to the lower prices on those lines unless Celebrity adopts competitive prices for the non-suite cabins.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 11:34 AM, TeeRick said:

Going in a suite (CS) on Equinox in a few weeks.  I find the CS on E-Class and S-Class to be very similar and have enjoyed both.  The CS on M-Class is our favorite.

I didn’t like balcony on CS on M class , way too narrow , I know it was a add on , much prefer going up to royal suite with enhanced perks like free specialty and liquor setup. 

On 12/27/2022 at 12:24 PM, smtcan said:

I feel badly that some people are avoiding E class because of other posters’ dislike of them.  I really think you need to experience these ships in person and make up your own mind.  I have sailed with Celebrity a lot over the years, and every ship has its pluses and minuses.  I ALWAYS have a great time on the Edge and Apex.  If you enjoy entertainment, they have the best shows, a large entertainment staff that host multiple trivia, games, and activities during the day.  The ship is beautiful (except, I admit, for the creepy hallway leading into Eden), and the service is outstanding.  I booked a suite once, but usually get a balcony or Aqua class and guess what?   We enjoyed both!  You don’t have to get a suite to have a great cruise.

I understand that many people cruise to have quiet time in a forward facing lounge where they can watch the ocean and read a book, and for them I understand why they prefer S class.  But everybody’s wants/needs are different.  I encourage those of you who haven’t been on an E class ship to have an open mind and decide for yourselves.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2022 at 11:55 PM, NMTraveller said:

Suite cruiser 🙂 🙂 🙂🙂 

Need I say more?

Ahem.  I get it.  You guys have the forward looking views and real balconies.

What is your experience in non-suites?

I was forward on the ship but my view was to the side, not directly forward at all