Classic Beverage Pkg

Baystate

This will be our first time on Celebrity, and we have the classic beverage package. I generally drink cosmopolitans, gin and tonics, martinis,  and various types of red wine.  My husband enjoys Bushmills and whatever version of Princess' dirty banana Celebrity makes. Will we need to upgrade or will we be okay with the classic?

Thanks in advance

(We'll be on the Summit, if that makes a difference)

Edited by Baystate

If you are good with the brands of liquor on the Classic then you will be fine for your cocktails.  The Classic package does not cover the larger specialty martinis from the Martini bar but you can get regular martinis at the other bar

You can also try the Classic package for a day or 2 and if you find you the Premium package you can upgrade then. 

• Thanks 1

Hi. Am I reading the description correctly for the Classic Beverage Pkg, that it no longer includes bottled water and specialty coffees, or juices?  (and the alcohol list seems pared down too.) Jeepers.  Last June those were still included.  Those items are only mentioned for the Premium pkg.  

(we are booked as AI from last year, sailing a few times in 2023. And a $10 limit is a bit low, sure most of the options are more!)

Edited by Roxydog15

21 minutes ago, Roxydog15 said:

Hi. Am I reading the description correctly for the Classic Beverage Pkg, that it no longer includes bottled water and specialty coffees, or juices?  (and the alcohol list seems pared down too.) Jeepers.  Last June those were still included.  Those items are only mentioned for the Premium pkg.  

(we are booked as AI from last year, sailing a few times in 2023. And a $10 limit is a bit low, sure most of the options are more!)

One of the other cruise-critics was told by customer service Celebrity branded canned water, sodas, premium coffee and tea are now include in the base fare. These changes are suppose to take place in early January 2023.  X is basically giving everyone the old Classic non-alcoholic beverage package for free.

Dreamer321, Thanks for the update.  Good to hear.  Got to have that cappuccino and that canned water for shorex.  We found the canned water (at least last summer) to be fine.  Was not too bad drinking from the can.  Some had noted was a sharp edge.  Did not find it so.

I've heard here that Cafe Al Bacio (sp?) coffees with alcohol are not included in base package.  But Cappuccinos and espresso, etc. are.  Someone feel free to dispute that if I'm wrong. 🙂 

The Classic package still includes non premium bottled/canned water, soda, specialty coffees and teas as well as juice.  

Some parts of the website have been updated others not. There were no major changes to the alcohol beverage packages except the price increase.

The Classic and Premium Non Alcohol packages were eliminated and replaced with one Zero Proof package at a cost of $30 pp pd + gratuity.

19 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

One of the other cruise-critics was told by customer service Celebrity branded canned water, sodas, premium coffee and tea are now include in the base fare. These changes are suppose to take place in early January 2023.  X is basically giving everyone the old Classic non-alcoholic beverage package for free.

I was told that is not true. Unless the agent I spoke to does not know which is a huge possibility. 

20 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

Just because someone posts it on Cruise Critic or another site for cruising doesn't mean that it's true. Over the years I've seen tons of misinformation here. One thing I've noticed is that people do get things wrong. At times it like the old party game of gossip or telephone. 

It would be great if it did happen, but until I see some more official confirmation I'd wait to plan on it. 

Jelayne,

You are always so informative and willing to help I know many of us on here appreciate that. 
Im glad to hear that specialty coffees are still available with the Classic package. So really as far as that goes nothing has changed much from years ago which was when we cruised last.

Thanks for all your help.

16 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Hmm? So can you can get canned water not bottled? What about assorted coffees in cafe bacio? with alcohol?

Canned water with the classic package.  Which is a "no go" for me, but my husband doesn't mind.  Bottled water with the premium package.   Vellamo.  No more evian.