New military benefit: Princess Premier for the price of Princess Plus

PescadoAmarillo

22 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I followed up with our TA today to ask if Princess gave her a reason why they would not give us the Military upgrade to Premium during the refaring process? She said after talking with both her Princess contact as well as their manager, they said the military upgrade promotion to Premium was only applicable for new bookings. So if you by chance got the upgrade while refaring an existing booking, as some have noted, rather than booking/rebooking a cruise, consider yourself fortunate. 👍

Just how "new" does the booking have to be I wonder..... I booked last week for a December 2024 transatlantic and it isn't showing up on my cruise planner.  I also have access to the travel agent website an it isn't showing up there as an option to add either.  Does anyone know what date this promotion took effect?

49 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Just how "new" does the booking have to be I wonder..... I booked last week for a December 2024 transatlantic and it isn't showing up on my cruise planner.  I also have access to the travel agent website an it isn't showing up there as an option to add either.  Does anyone know what date this promotion took effect?

The OP started this thread Dec 27 based on the information received from their PCC, so I would imagine at least since then. However, I have not been able to find it posted anywhere, let alone any T&C on the Princess website. 

• Like 1

From the previous messages it sounds like there are specific cruises it applies to.  Does anyone who has been successful in upgrading have a list of the applicable cruises?  On January 5 we booked an April 8 sailing so it was paid in full.    I am new to princess, wouldn't cancelling and rebooking be a forfeiture of the FCC we used?  Can a good TA  use that FCC to rebook immediately.   If the promotion was in affect January 5 at the time of booking would it be possible just to add it without rebooking/refareing the itinerary.   Our flights are attached and I would hate to lose those in the process.   

53 minutes ago, R&Ccruisin said:

From the previous messages it sounds like there are specific cruises it applies to.  Does anyone who has been successful in upgrading have a list of the applicable cruises?  On January 5 we booked an April 8 sailing so it was paid in full.    I am new to princess, wouldn't cancelling and rebooking be a forfeiture of the FCC we used?  Can a good TA  use that FCC to rebook immediately.   If the promotion was in affect January 5 at the time of booking would it be possible just to add it without rebooking/refareing the itinerary.   Our flights are attached and I would hate to lose those in the process.   

If it were us and we had already PIF, we would just chalk it up as a lesson learned and see if it's available the next time we book a Princess cruise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If it were us and we had already PIF, we would just chalk it up as a lesson learned and see if it's available the next time we book a Princess cruise.

Thank you Ken.    

For anyone else who questions:    I was on chat and got the following:   "Teachers & Military - Get Princess Premier for the Price of Princess Plus. Book a cruise during our Best Sale Ever and enjoy the premium all-inclusive Princess Premier package, a value of $257 per day, for the same price as the Princess Plus package." The dates of this promotion run from December 14, 2022 to March 1, 2023'

I have not yet read the t&c's of that promotion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, R&Ccruisin said:

Thank you Ken.    

For anyone else who questions:    I was on chat and got the following:   "Teachers & Military - Get Princess Premier for the Price of Princess Plus. Book a cruise during our Best Sale Ever and enjoy the premium all-inclusive Princess Premier package, a value of $257 per day, for the same price as the Princess Plus package." The dates of this promotion run from December 14, 2022 to March 1, 2023'

I haven’t been able to find this promotion on the Princess website. Has anyone been able locate this promotion on the website? If so would you please post where you found it? TIA

35 minutes ago, R&Ccruisin said:

Thank you Ken.    

Two questions as you didn't mention either of them earlier, other than you were new to Princess. Did you originally purchase the cruise with the Plus Package? Equally as important if not more so, has your military status been certified and entered into the Princess database prior to booking the cruise?

We just did a new booking (Sky Princess) on 1/18.  It was done, online, using my cruise agencies booking engine (which immediately flows to the Princess system).   I booked the Princess Plus option and am a Veteran who has been registered with Princess for many years.  I just checked our reservation (on the Princess site) and we were automatically given our $250 military OBC and our Princess Plus was upgraded to Princess Premiere.  

We did not make any special request.  Once a Veteran has established their bona fides (generally with a DD214) with Princess it is tied to the Captain's Club number.  On subsequent bookings the credit is given without any additional verification (in most cases).  It seems like this new benefit (Plus to Premiere) now works in a similar manner.

Hank

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Two questions as you didn't mention either of them earlier, other than you were new to Princess. Did you originally purchase the cruise with the Plus Package? Equally as important if not more so, has your military status been certified and entered into the Princess database prior to booking the cruise?

1)   Yes I purchased the "plus package" and according to my documents we will receive the full plus package with desserts and fitness and whatever.   2)  Yes we have been certified for the military status.   We were booked on the Moroccan Passage  a year ago and on the fire and Ice cruise.   We missed both and had a lot of FCC to use.    While we have been booked numerous times we have yet to get to the dock.   

I have not found the particular statement regarding "plus to premier" upgrade other than the chat and cruise critic posts.   I have read the terms and conditions of the "Best Sale Ever" campaign as identified in the chat.   It is not mentioned in this document either.   The devil is in the detail, however.  There is a statement that says something to the fact that it is not applicable if full payment is due at time of booking.     Fortunately, I had a couple days between the two events though we chose to pay immediately.   I am still investigating as I plan to do a chat and ask exactly where to find the specific wording.   Obviously it is there or the chat attendant would not have been able to respond so.   The attendant pointed me to the "Best Sale Ever" (BSE) campaign.   

My quest continues.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I see you have a link to the NCL Jade Athens to Cape Town.   Bit jealous as we have tried to three years to complete that itinerary.   Damn covid.   I was so confident we were going to make it in 2021 that I did not book 2022 as a contingency.   Unfortunately there were no ADA rooms available when the 2021 itinerary cancelled.   We are now booked on the b2b2b2b2b2b Dawn 2023/2024.  Bit more extensive and not exactly what we wanted but fingers crossed we make it through the canal and to Cape Town.   I'll have to watch your video.   

50 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We just did a new booking (Sky Princess) on 1/18.  It was done, online, using my cruise agencies booking engine (which immediately flows to the Princess system).   I booked the Princess Plus option and am a Veteran who has been registered with Princess for many years.  I just checked our reservation (on the Princess site) and we were automatically given our $250 military OBC and our Princess Plus was upgraded to Princess Premiere.  

We did not make any special request.  Once a Veteran has established their bona fides (generally with a DD214) with Princess it is tied to the Captain's Club number.  On subsequent bookings the credit is given without any additional verification (in most cases).  It seems like this new benefit (Plus to Premiere) now works in a similar manner.

Hank

Hank 

Thank you for the update.     Can I ask if you received in your premier package the Princess Prizes, Photo package, 2 specialty dining meals, medallion accessory and reserved production show seating and wi-fi with up to 4 devised per guest also.      We did receive the new Plus package with desserts and fitness classes.

We did receive the military OBC benefit as usual on our booking.   I am grateful and so appreciative of Princess's acknowledgement of our military and veterans.  I believe Princess was a leader in such an offering and it is a huge gesture.  

10 minutes ago, R&Ccruisin said:

I see you have a link to the NCL Jade Athens to Cape Town.   Bit jealous as we have tried to three years to complete that itinerary.   Damn covid.   I was so confident we were going to make it in 2021 that I did not book 2022 as a contingency.   Unfortunately there were no ADA rooms available when the 2021 itinerary cancelled.   We are now booked on the b2b2b2b2b2b Dawn 2023/2024.  Bit more extensive and not exactly what we wanted but fingers crossed we make it through the canal and to Cape Town.   I'll have to watch your video.   

I’m sorry you weren’t able to go on either cruise, but rest assured you will have an awesome time if your b6b goes to many of the same ports. I tried to provide a complete picture of our experience in my Live From, without any food pictures. 😁

26 minutes ago, R&Ccruisin said:

Hank 

Thank you for the update.     Can I ask if you received in your premier package the Princess Prizes, Photo package, 2 specialty dining meals, medallion accessory and reserved production show seating and wi-fi with up to 4 devised per guest also.      We did receive the new Plus package with desserts and fitness classes.

We did receive the military OBC benefit as usual on our booking.   I am grateful and so appreciative of Princess's acknowledgement of our military and veterans.  I believe Princess was a leader in such an offering and it is a huge gesture.  

All the amenities from both the Plus Package (which is what we booked) AND the Premiere Package are individually listed on our Princess account.   It is a very nice perk.  Consider that we booked a 14 day cruise and the normal cost of upgrading from Plus to Premiere is $20 per person/day so Princess has given us a $560 upgrade plus the usual $250 military OBC.  I am also grateful for the perks that Princess gives vets.  I do not know of any other cruise line that comes close.

Hank

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

All the amenities from both the Plus Package (which is what we booked) AND the Premiere Package are individually listed on our Princess account.   It is a very nice perk.  Consider that we booked a 14 day cruise and the normal cost of upgrading from Plus to Premiere is $20 per person/day so Princess has given us a $560 upgrade plus the usual $250 military OBC.  I am also grateful for the perks that Princess gives vets.  I do not know of any other cruise line that comes close.

Hank

Thank you.   My TA was thinking the noted fitness and premium desserts accounted for the premier.   I may have my work cut out for me.   

13 hours ago, R&Ccruisin said:

1)   Yes I purchased the "plus package" and according to my documents we will receive the full plus package with desserts and fitness and whatever.   2)  Yes we have been certified for the military status.   We were booked on the Moroccan Passage  a year ago and on the fire and Ice cruise.   We missed both and had a lot of FCC to use.    While we have been booked numerous times we have yet to get to the dock.   

I have not found the particular statement regarding "plus to premier" upgrade other than the chat and cruise critic posts.   I have read the terms and conditions of the "Best Sale Ever" campaign as identified in the chat.   It is not mentioned in this document either.   The devil is in the detail, however.  There is a statement that says something to the fact that it is not applicable if full payment is due at time of booking.     Fortunately, I had a couple days between the two events though we chose to pay immediately.   I am still investigating as I plan to do a chat and ask exactly where to find the specific wording.   Obviously it is there or the chat attendant would not have been able to respond so.   The attendant pointed me to the "Best Sale Ever" (BSE) campaign.   

My quest continues.    

My quest continues also.😉 Did you by any chance determine is the "Military Appreciation OBC" is still given by Princess?

Doug

13 hours ago, R&Ccruisin said:

Hank 

That is good to hear, thanks.

18 hours ago, R&Ccruisin said:

Thank you.   My TA was thinking the noted fitness and premium desserts accounted for the premier.   I may have my work cut out for me.   

Angelo M. on Princess chat said there was no such military promo and sort of insinuated that I was senile.

Princess at its best again.

4 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Angelo M. on Princess chat said there was no such military promo and sort of insinuated that I was senile.

Princess at its best again.

I would write a polite note explaining this to at least the first address here but maybe to the others as well.

customerrealtions@princesscruises.com

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com
Lorna Warren
Vice President Guest Services
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
lwarren@princesscruises.com

Chief Executive
John Padgett
President
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
jpadgett@princess.com

Also, try padgett@HAGroup.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I would write a polite note explaining this to at least the first address here but maybe to the others as well.

customerrealtions@princesscruises.com

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com
Lorna Warren
Vice President Guest Services
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
lwarren@princesscruises.com

Chief Executive
John Padgett
President
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
jpadgett@princess.com

Also, try padgett@HAGroup.com

Thanks

On 1/20/2023 at 4:45 PM, Hlitner said:

Hank

One more question, please, in my quest to figure this out.    Do you use a travel agency specializing in military travel, i.e. GVR, Military Cruise Deals, MWR, USAA?   I did find the benefit listed on a specific travel agency site leading me to wonder if it is a special offering between that agency and Princess.   Just guessing right now.   

Next test will be to do another booking and see if it is added.   

16 minutes ago, R&Ccruisin said:

One more question, please, in my quest to figure this out.    Do you use a travel agency specializing in military travel, i.e. GVR, Military Cruise Deals, MWR, USAA?   I did find the benefit listed on a specific travel agency site leading me to wonder if it is a special offering between that agency and Princess.   Just guessing right now.   

Next test will be to do another booking and see if it is added.   

No. we just use a very good discount cruise agency.  But the Princess Military OBC has been a staple for many years.  Once you register with Princess (done with a DD214 or some other official document) it just works automatically on any booking as long as you use your Princess Captains Club number.  The new benefit (upgrade from Plus to Premiere) is still a question in terms of will it be permanent, temporary, etc.  We first heard about that new benefit here on CC through a post that mentioned they had heard about the benefit from their Princess rep.  Our own cruise agent, who is very experienced, told me she first heard about the benefit about 30 minutes before I had e-mailed her to check it out.

For whatever reason, Princess does not seem to have done anything to publicize the benefit.  But the new benefit appeared on our booking without we or our cruise agent making any request.  

Hank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

No. we just use a very good discount cruise agency.  But the Princess Military OBC has been a staple for many years.  Once you register with Princess (done with a DD214 or some other official document) it just works automatically on any booking as long as you use your Princess Captains Club number.  The new benefit (upgrade from Plus to Premiere) is still a question in terms of will it be permanent, temporary, etc.  We first heard about that new benefit here on CC through a post that mentioned they had heard about the benefit from their Princess rep.  Our own cruise agent, who is very experienced, told me she first heard about the benefit about 30 minutes before I had e-mailed her to check it out.

For whatever reason, Princess does not seem to have done anything to publicize the benefit.  But the new benefit appeared on our booking without we or our cruise agent making any request.  

Hank

Thank you again for your time.    My next step will be to book a trip, pay the down payment and see what we get.    We are new to Princess but have done the verification and on  all the cruises we have booked (mostly missed for illness or canceled) we, my husband, has been awarded the appropriate OBC.