BAM! Carnival names Emeril Lagasse as Chief Culinary Officer

Honolulu Blue

Here's the link to Carnival's press release - https://carnival-news.com/2022/12/28/carnival-cruise-line-names-emeril-lagasse-chief-culinary-officer/

Some random comments:

• It looks like Emeril has some actual duties for Carnival, unlike his C-suite compatriot Shaq
  • Emeril's Bistro will also be on the Carnival Jubilee when it's finished next December
  • He's invited to the New Year's shindig at Times Square

I'm done.  Celebrity chefs aren't my thing.  But they might be yours.  Discuss...

5 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

How does this affect the dining for the majority of ships, which don't have his restaurant?

According to the article:

"As Chief Culinary Officer, Lagasse will support Carnival’s skilled chefs with guidance on food trends and techniques as well as advise on future menu items and dining concepts. Guests will also see his input on the menus of main dining rooms fleetwide, including entrées designated as “Emeril recommends” picks."

So hopefully we will see some BAM in the MDR😄!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

According to the article:

"As Chief Culinary Officer, Lagasse will support Carnival’s skilled chefs with guidance on food trends and techniques as well as advise on future menu items and dining concepts. Guests will also see his input on the menus of main dining rooms fleetwide, including entrées designated as “Emeril recommends” picks."

So hopefully we will see some BAM in the MDR😄!

And not just when a waiter falls off a table while dancing 😉

Tom

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Madhatter12 said:

Rudi is culinary adviser for princess cruise.

ah yes, is multi-tasking.

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (January 24, 2022) Princess Cruises, the world’s leading international premium cruise line, today announced Chef Rudi Sodamin will become its first head of culinary arts, effective immediately. Sodamin is currently the master chef for Holland America Line, a position he will retain as he takes on his new role as head of culinary arts for Princess.

It's all gimmick.

I promise you, he will not be in any galley making dishes or even giving a big fat "BAM" on each plate or sprinkle his salty magic like Salt Bae on each plate as it goes out...*gag*

The Shaq one is funny....a play on CFO

This one, ehhh

4 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

It's all gimmick.

I promise you, he will not be in any galley making dishes or even giving a big fat "BAM" on each plate or sprinkle his salty magic like Salt Bae on each plate as it goes out...*gag*

The Shaq one is funny....a play on CFO

This one, ehhh

Unlike Emeril, Shaq's food is mediocre at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Since the only thing Carnival is interested in is cutting costs, I can't imagine him having much of a role other than just a using his name for marketing.

I can't imagine Emeril's name is cheap but it is for sale.

• Like 1