Afternoon tea question

elycelynne

I love the scones, but don't really need the rest of the little sandwiches and pastries that come with Afternoon Tea.  I was wondering if the scones (along with the jam and clotted cream) were available at that time in the World Fresh Marketplace -- Possibly the Pastry Shop?  Has anyone seen this?

• Like 1

I was recently on the Sapphire Princess Christmas Cruise. Most days warm scones, jam and cream  (not real Devon clotted cream but thick whipped) were available in the dessert section of the buffet at 3:30pm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

The afternoon tea on Princess is not the kind where they put a big tower on the table.  Instead servers bring around scones, cakes, sandwiches etc.  You can take what you like and skip the sandwiches.   

I know that.  I’ve sailed with and had afternoon tea on Princess before.  My goal is not having to sit through everything else (sandwiches and cakes) and going right to the scones.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, elycelynne said:

I love the scones, but don't really need the rest of the little sandwiches and pastries that come with Afternoon Tea.  I was wondering if the scones (along with the jam and clotted cream) were available at that time in the World Fresh Marketplace -- Possibly the Pastry Shop?  Has anyone seen this?

We have Elite tea time in our cabin and order only scones and tea.  No sandwiches.  You can only take what you want in the tea time MDR.  Or, on sea days some of the Royal class ships have the scones and jam in the buffet.  You’d have to ask the Lido manager on your sailing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

We have Elite tea time in our cabin and order only scones and tea.  No sandwiches.  You can only take what you want in the tea time MDR.  Or, on sea days some of the Royal class ships have the scones and jam in the buffet.  You’d have to ask the Lido manager on your sailing. 

Thanks.  Unfortunately I’m not Elite yet, so I can’t take advantage of in-cabin delivery.  I’ll definitely get an answer from the Lido manager.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

On all our cruises this past year they’ve had the scones, jam and cream offered in the buffet at 3:30.

Thank you.  Glad to know that!  Was that every day, or only on sea days?

Edited by elycelynne

We began cruising Princess in 2002.  Every ship we have been on has had the scones, clotted cream and jam beginning ~ 3:00 each day.  On the Royal class ships there are other sweets as well near the scones.  I can’t recall if the other ships have anything other than scones available.  

I’ve never done the dining room tea before but this next cruise we will be elite so I’m going to try it in the cabin.  For those of you who are elite how do you let the kitchen know you want afternoon tea?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

We began cruising Princess in 2002.  Every ship we have been on has had the scones, clotted cream and jam beginning ~ 3:00 each day.  On the Royal class ships there are other sweets as well near the scones.  I can’t recall if the other ships have anything other than scones available.  

I’ve never done the dining room tea before but this next cruise we will be elite so I’m going to try it in the cabin.  For those of you who are elite how do you let the kitchen know you want afternoon tea?  

Just call RS the day before to order it. It comes right after tea time opens. You can specify what you want. If you don’t, you’ll get everything. 
It’s just on sea days. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, linaka625 said:

If you attend afternoon tea in the dining room, are you able to get a table for two?  I went to afternoon tea before COVID, and they were only doing shared tables at that time.

They seat guests in a section where they have shared tables and tables for 2.  Most of the tables for two were the bench style with a chair, so they were kinda close together.

We did get one with just 2 chairs.  Go early and ask. 

The section seating is done because they can serve more efficiently.  As there are many platters circulating.

We do Elite tea in our room, mostly because that’s definitely a table for 2.

😀

• Like 1

On our recent Emerald cruise, they also did tea everyday, as in every single day, in the Sanctuary. Similarly, you could only take tea amd scones, but instead if going somewhere and waiting through everything else, you're just there . . . "Sanctuarying."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pmallen said:

On our recent Emerald cruise, they also did tea everyday, as in every single day, in the Sanctuary. Similarly, you could only take tea amd scones, but instead if going somewhere and waiting through everything else, you're just there . . . "Sanctuarying."

That’s what we do also.  Just tea and scones. Live and learn.

Were Elite and called room service the day before we wanted it, and

Tea was delivered the next day at designated time.  Usually around 3:30.

You can request just tea & scones.  You can even request coffee if you prefer,

or certain kind of sandwiches..... we got the whole thing, and enjoyed

having a few leftovers in our minifrig. 

One nite, the sandwiches were dinner. 😃

No charge.

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Like 1