2 welcome back offers?

rodndonna

Has anyone received more than one "welcome back" offer (OBC for a future booking)

We cruised in December and received one just before Christmas, which we used a couple of days ago for a new booking.

Today we submitted our shore excursion reviews, and shortly after received another identical offer but with a different expiry date (a week later). It's not enough to encourage me to make another booking - but curious if it is a mistake.

Has anyone received more than one "welcome back" offer? 

Just now, rodndonna said:

Has anyone received more than one "welcome back" offer (OBC for a future booking)

We cruised in December and received one just before Christmas, which we used a couple of days ago for a new booking.

Today we submitted our shore excursion reviews, and shortly after received another identical offer but with a different expiry date (a week later). It's not enough to encourage me to make another booking - but curious if it is a mistake.

Has anyone received more than one "welcome back" offer? 

Only one per booking number for us. When we sail multiple cruises (with multiple booking numbers, not just one), we get multiple Welcome Back emails.

3 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Only one per booking number for us. When we sail multiple cruises (with multiple booking numbers, not just one), we get multiple Welcome Back emails.

We've done more than one, but previous one was September and the offer mentions the NS which we have only sailed once. Both are to my name .. weird. Just a lucky mistake a guess....

• Like 1

I just looked back at my emails. I have received 4 since my Thanksgiving cruise 1 week apart -expiration dates corresponding 1week apart. Presently on Koningsdam New Years cruise!!!  Have already 4 booked cruises in the next 1.5 years. Wonder if I could squeeze in another one!!

We got welcome back offer, but after a not so good experience on NS for our first HAL cruise earlier in December, we won't be using it!

Poor food quality in most locations and very slow and inattentive service everywhere plus a dearth of activities during the day. No production shows, a shame as the main theatre is beautiful and well-designed. We have no interest in 3rd-rate crusie ship comedians who wer eput in the main theatre. No music during the day and all other music crammed together in the evenings in the Music Walk.

Overall this was the least enjoyable cruise we have been on over 30 years of cruising with severl other lines.

A disappointment as our expectations for food and service were high based on recommendations. Even some long-time HAL cruisers we met were not happy and said things had definitely deteriorated.

We did 4 weeks on the NA in Nov under 2 booking numbers and have not received any welcome back offer.  Also did 6 weeks on the NS in Feb/Mar 2022 under 2 booking numbers and again no welcome back offers.  I guess since we are 5 star with almost 800 days they figure we don't need an incentive to book.

WELCOME HOME,
Nancy
XXXXXXXXX

THANK YOU FOR SAILING WITH US
On behalf of everyone at Holland America Line, thank you for joining us on your recent voyage aboard Rotterdam. We hope that every cruise detail exceeded your expectations.
To show our appreciation for choosing Holland America Line, please accept a special bonus of up to $200 USD per person shipboard credit on your next new cruise booking. Offer ends February 28, 2023.

Edited by oakridger

Also:

Book by February 28, 2023 , and receive Shipboard Credit (U.S. dollars) according to the table below:

LENGTH OF ITINERARY INTERIOR
STATEROOM
OCEAN-VIEW
STATEROOM
VERANDAH
STATEROOM
SUITE
3 – 10 days $25 $25 $50 $50
11 – 21 days $50 $50 $75 $100
22 – 50 days $100 $100 $150 $150
51+ days $150 $150 $200 $200

To take advantage of this Mariner benefit, call your Travel Professional or Holland America Line at 1-866-920-2332 (mention Promo code VPM & VPN).

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We received the welcome back email today and had just booked a new cruise yesterday.  I forwarded it to our new TA to see if she can add it to the booking from yesterday, but haven't heard back yet.  Bad timing with the holiday weekend starting.

That happened to us on a prior booking and they had no problem applying the credit. It was through HAL directly but should not matter.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

We did 4 weeks on the NA in Nov under 2 booking numbers and have not received any welcome back offer.  Also did 6 weeks on the NS in Feb/Mar 2022 under 2 booking numbers and again no welcome back offers.  I guess since we are 5 star with almost 800 days they figure we don't need an incentive to book.

Did you submit reviews after your cruise? I have wondered if these are a kick to generate the welcome back offer. Of course, that was why I though I got a second one, as we just submitted excursion reviews, but now seeing that the multiple offers not so unique who knows.

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

Did you submit reviews after your cruise? I have wondered if these are a kick to generate the welcome back offer. Of course, that was why I though I got a second one, as we just submitted excursion reviews, but now seeing that the multiple offers not so unique who knows.

Yes - my wife and I both filled out the HAL survey for both booking numbers.  We did not do any HAL excursions since we waitlisted for one and the other was cancelled by HAL

I received the emails, 4 in total, after a 7 day NS cruise in Nov. I already have 2 14 day cruises planned but I don’t think I can use the credit because they are not new bookings. After these 2, Planning a family cruise with younger generation and toddler so will be using different line. Hate to see “free money” go by the wayside.