Boarding Groups

BamaVol

New to Princess so I’m a little confused. Somewhere in the app, I came across what looks like a function to select a boarding window. But nothing is available.  Is that because we don’t sail for another 60 days?  When will I be able to select?  Or can I?

Boarding groups/times will show up as you get closer to sailing date.  BUT...these are pretty much IGNORED!  No body in any position of authority has ever asked to see your boarding group or time slot.  It is simply a way to "spread out" everybody from rushing the ship as soon as they open the gates.  I usually pick a time just to "get in the green lane"...but then just show up whenever my arrival transportation allows.

Lately we have been booking hotel packages through the cruise lines and when you do that, your transfer to the ship is provided so you don't have to worry about your arrival time.  Other times (when we used to fly in the day of sailing...we don't do that anymore!) we would just make our way to the pier as soon as we could get away from the airport.  That is usually past noon...so well past "the big rush".

Don't worry about those arrival groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

New to Princess so I’m a little confused. Somewhere in the app, I came across what looks like a function to select a boarding window. But nothing is available.  Is that because we don’t sail for another 60 days?  When will I be able to select?  Or can I?

The Arrival Groups selection can show up any time from ABOUT 60 days out until even a few days before sailing, so keep checking. Eventually it will become active for your sailing and you can choose.  Folks will probably be commenting soon about how these Arrival Groups are just suggestions and that you can just show whenever you like.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

are you the Roll Tide or Rocky Top?

yeah, just ignore the boarding window and show up - without any status (new to Princess) - lots of cruisers will board before you can.

• Like 1

Ignore the group windows to board the ship. For our Enchated cruise last month, the window included  a time long after the ship sailed. After dropping the rental car at FLL, we got a cab and arrived at Terminal 2 PE about 10:45, handed over our luggage, and walked across the drive and entered the building to check it. It was well organized, got the medallion there [even though the night before I got a phone call saying they were shipping it to our house] - in MA! We simply kept pace with the people ahead of us and never had time to sit - last minute security pictures and onto the ship.

Darcy

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

are you the Roll Tide or Rocky Top?

yeah, just ignore the boarding window and show up - without any status (new to Princess) - lots of cruisers will board before you can.

I’m a Vol.  At the time I selected that handle, I was in the middle of an exile to Bama country. In fact, as I type this, I am sitting in my daughter’s east central Alabama living room watching the Sugar Bowl. 

Thanks to all who answered. We live 3-4 hours from the port but are overnighting nearby. We plan to be at the port by 11 and will board as soon as we are allowed. I tend to treat a lot of things as suggestions as long as I’m not hurting anyone but myself. 

42 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I’m a Vol.  At the time I selected that handle, I was in the middle of an exile to Bama country. In fact, as I type this, I am sitting in my daughter’s east central Alabama living room watching the Sugar Bowl. 

Thanks to all who answered. We live 3-4 hours from the port but are overnighting nearby. We plan to be at the port by 11 and will board as soon as we are allowed. I tend to treat a lot of things as suggestions as long as I’m not hurting anyone but myself. 

then it's been a great last 24 hours for you.  have a great cruise

7 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Anywhere from 59 days to 12 days before sailing.  IF you want to pick

one.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:41 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Boarding groups/times will show up as you get closer to sailing date.  BUT...these are pretty much IGNORED!  No body in any position of authority has ever asked to see your boarding group or time slot.  It is simply a way to "spread out" everybody from rushing the ship as soon as they open the gates.  I usually pick a time just to "get in the green lane"...but then just show up whenever my arrival transportation allows.

Lately we have been booking hotel packages through the cruise lines and when you do that, your transfer to the ship is provided so you don't have to worry about your arrival time.  Other times (when we used to fly in the day of sailing...we don't do that anymore!) we would just make our way to the pier as soon as we could get away from the airport.  That is usually past noon...so well past "the big rush".

Don't worry about those arrival groups.

😂🤣😂🤣 You are 100% correct as nobody checks the arrival times when you get to the pier. I mean I know we all know the purpose of it and so people don't all rush to the port all at the same time in hopes that people do follow their scheduled arrival time.

• Like 1