A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

On 1/26/2024 at 10:34 AM, mysty said:

@profpeabody , @JoGay , @wristband , @NWWanderer, @MuseCruiser and anyone else interested, Myster and I will be at the Pool Deck this afternoon at 5:00 pm.  I'm wearing a black and white blouse and black capris.

@mysty Darn, i missed this post until now--I had a massage yesterday at 5 PM so wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. Are you and Myster going to Family Night at La Terrazza tonight by any chance?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NWWanderer said:

@mysty Darn, i missed this post until now--I had a massage yesterday at 5 PM so wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. Are you and Myster going to Family Night at La Terrazza tonight by any chance?

We were there.   However,  if you want to find us we're usually on the pool deck in the morning around 10:30 am on the starboard side towards the back corner. 

27 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Just wondering, how full is the ship on these long sea segments?

If memory serves, this segment had about 290 passengers.

13 minutes ago, mysty said:

If memory serves, this segment had about 290 passengers.

We thought it was full, no?

Edit:  as per usual, Mystic is right!  I’m at the pool and just asked the manager how many guests were onboard and he quoted me the number 280 and said around 100 under capacity. So I stand corrected!

Edited by MuseCruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MuseCruiser said:

We thought it was full, no?

Edit:  as per usual, Mystic is right!  I’m at the pool and just asked the manager how many guests were onboard and he quoted me the number 280 and said around 100 under capacity. So I stand corrected!

I love being called Mystic!  Thank you @MuseCruiser ! 🥰

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

King Neptune held court on the pool deck early this afternoon.   It was the best "Crossing the Equator" event we've ever seen!  Moss Hill was awesome as the Emcee.  The dude in the role of King Neptune did an incredible job!  Well done lads and lasses!  We didn't take photos.   The pool deck was very crowded. 

• Like 5

IMG_8509.thumb.jpeg.e59dd45c05ac1db722d1d98eee2d1d15.jpeg

1 hour ago, mysty said:

King Neptune held court on the pool deck early this afternoon.   It was the best "Crossing the Equator" event we've ever seen!  Moss Hill was awesome as the Emcee.  The dude in the role of King Neptune did an incredible job!  Well done lads and lasses!  We didn't take photos.   The pool deck was very crowded. 

IMG_8499.thumb.jpeg.5982d6bb89228eb1a18441eb8b813a9a.jpegIMG_8500.thumb.jpeg.6e582a6a972ff959ea5012e5694d61d3.jpegIMG_8501.thumb.jpeg.8971edc531bfaa2f2d62536d53c43a9d.jpegIMG_8502.thumb.jpeg.cd771f5a2761bb26e099a12776200b72.jpegIMG_8507.thumb.jpeg.3dca420cbc3f52104d545b6faa9c68de.jpegIMG_8508.thumb.jpeg.44adfb6d0d2f58ad41678adb0a82b714.jpeg

Edited by MuseCruiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

It was very fun, despite my being one of the people called to account in front of King Neptune and made to "kiss the fish"! I had no idea Moss was going to call me up, it was a big surprise! But all in good fun.

Looked for you @mysty in the back starboard corner of the pool deck, but with so many people I wasn't sure who you might be. But now that you know what I look like thanks to Moss, please say hello, hope our paths will cross soon!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NWWanderer said:

It was very fun, despite my being one of the people called to account in front of King Neptune and made to "kiss the fish"! I had no idea Moss was going to call me up, it was a big surprise! But all in good fun.

Looked for you @mysty in the back starboard corner of the pool deck, but with so many people I wasn't sure who you might be. But now that you know what I look like thanks to Moss, please say hello, hope our paths will cross soon!

Will definitely watch for @NWWanderer !  You were a good sport! 😁

• Like 1

We had fun at karaoke tonight in the Panorama Lounge. My husband (@CASHIPman) sang among others. Particularly touching was an older couple who sang “Can I have this dance for the rest of my life?” while dancing to it as well. I found it very touching. 
Viewrecentphotos.thumb.jpeg.c9399539eb31ba563c2507a4133d259b.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mysty said:

I expect there will be a similar event when you cross the equator again on your way back?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DRK0312 said:

I expect there will be a similar event when you cross the equator again on your way back?

Yes!  You are correct.   I think the plan is to hold another "Crossing the Equator" event on the way back across the Pacific. 

Today is a sea day.   Are you getting bored yet? 😅  Tonight we are going to the American Diner event on the Pool Deck.   Reservations are required.  The description of the event  ......"Join us for an authentic American Diner event and enjoy famous staples of American cuisine and a tasty Milkshake Bar in an entertaining vintage atmosphere. 

The musical entertainment will reflect our "time travel" and you will have the pleasure to listen to some of the classic songs of the 50's and 60's era.

We are looking forward to seeing you in vintage attire and have fun!

I'm planning on wearing a shin length blue dress with white socks and white sneakers.  Myster will probably wear black jeans and a white t-shirt.  Should be great fun. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, mysty said:

I think the plan is to hold another "Crossing the Equator" event on the way back across the Pacific. 

Well I hope its great.

When my father served in the Pacific during WW2, there was a ceremony when the sailors crossed the equator for the first time.  A single photograph documents this day in his history, and its the only one that we ever had that showed dad could act a little "wild and crazy"

• Like 3