Anyone Currently on Explorer?

Trunkabella

9 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

A bit off topic, but Is Regent still mandatory testing for Covid on embarkation, dusting the cruise, and upon disembarkation? 

No. Although I will confirm that in a couple of hours. We did a proctored test prior to leaving home as insurance, and we board Splendor this morning. Tests are mandatory if you've been to China recently.

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

No. Although I will confirm that in a couple of hours. We did a proctored test prior to leaving home as insurance, and we board Splendor this morning. Tests are mandatory if you've been to China recently.

Wendy, we board in a couple weeks and I am wondering what you mean by “as insurance”?

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Wendy, we board in a couple weeks and I am wondering what you mean by “as insurance”?

Insurance requires a negative test prior to leaving. Regent no longer covers Covid expenses (99% sure) but in the past they also required it.

Missing another port arrive in Melbourne at 5 pm vs 9am.  Staying there overnight and skipping the geelong port another highlight.  So we have missed bay of islands, Napier, Tasmania geelong and the fjords that’s 5 missed and made only 4 of the planned ports.  Regent should just refund or offer 60% FCC.  

I feel bad for those departing in Sydney as this has been a bust.   I guess they had too aggressive time scheduled and probably should have built an extra sea day in as they have the stabilizers out due to the swales in the Tasman sea and could not make up the biofouling time lost.

I’m sure the “new digital survey” isn’t going to be a pretty read in Miami. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Missing another port arrive in Melbourne at 5 pm vs 9am.  Staying there overnight and skipping the geelong port another highlight.  So we have missed bay of islands, Napier, Tasmania geelong and the fjords that’s 5 missed and made only 4 of the planned ports.  Regent should just refund or offer 60% FCC.  

I feel bad for those departing in Sydney as this has been a bust.   I guess they had too aggressive time scheduled and probably should have built an extra sea day in as they have the stabilizers out due to the swales in the Tasman sea and could not make up the biofouling time lost.

I’m sure the “new digital survey” isn’t going to be a pretty read in Miami. 

25% refund in addition to the 500 OBC and 30%FCC.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Regent no longer covers Covid expenses (99% sure)

Yes, the previous clauses on the SailSafe webpage that offered Regent financial support, in the event of insurance not covering, have been removed.

Guests who have to cancel or quarantine are now simply advised to make a claim on their travel insurance. 

Thanks for pointing this out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flossie009 said:

Yes, the previous clauses on the SailSafe webpage that offered Regent financial support, in the event of insurance not covering, have been removed.

Guests who have to cancel or quarantine are now simply advised to make a claim on their travel insurance. 

Thanks for pointing this out

IMO, this is something they should have told us.

7 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

IMO, this is something they should have told us.

Yes, it is a significant change of policy.

Our latest pre-cruise email, for a cruise embarking in February includes the following:

“We strongly urge all guests to travel with comprehensive travel insurance with specific COVID-19 coverage, as well as to travel with a latest generation smart phone or tablet with international calling and data turned on in the event that regulations change while you are traveling. 

While our ships are staffed with professional medical teams and common prescription medications, anti-viralsand therapeutics, our ships do not accept medical insurance and guests must provide payment for all services”

Just to add,  as much as we all know to pack all required medicines in your carry on bag,  keep in mind if you put the advil, cough drops, nose drops, etc in your checked bag and your checked bag doesn’t catch up to you - you can’t run down to the Ship’s store to purchase those over the counter items.  The stores don’t carry that stuff.  The doctor will have that and it will cost you dearly.  

• Like 1

We travel everywhere with at home Covid tests.  They are free from the government in the USA.  We have never been tested for Covid.  Do not believe we have ever had it.  We are five shots in.  But, if we thought we might have it, it would be good to have a test to know.  We have shared our test kits with other travelers who thought they might have it.  The Covid tests and all OTC always go in our carry on.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I know but they never mentioned it when they removed it. IMO, this is something they should have told their TA at least.

A good TA will be aware of current requirements, especially regarding something that has been so fluid for 3 years now.  Also, it's really important that we cruisers keep ourselves fully informed regarding cruise line policies.  

On 1/22/2023 at 6:57 AM, papaflamingo said:

It's also on the website.  Here's the link: 

https://www.rssc.com/HEALTHSAFETYPROTOCOLS

Thank you for posting this helpful info. Just read it and have two questions, please, for those on board.

AD126811-BF04-42C8-B2A5-0B77B9AFBE70.thumb.jpeg.16de03c4acf483749fcec419474524a6.jpeg

I am a huge advocate of frequent hand washing and sanitizing so I have no objection, but how is this requirement enforced?

How and when are the temperature checks and ongoing symptom screening done?

Thanks in advance. Two weeks and two days …. but who’s counting 😁

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

A good TA will be aware of current requirements, especially regarding something that has been so fluid for 3 years now.  Also, it's really important that we cruisers keep ourselves fully informed regarding cruise line policies.  

Not if it isn't announced to the TA's by the TA's reps...and it wasn't. This policy change was slipped in without notice or warning.

There is no symptom screening. No cruise line WANTS to find Covid on board.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 4:11 PM, Trunkabella said:

Irishwitchy, it’s testing us, too.  We tested positive for COVID, so we’re confined to our cabin until we test negative (hopefully Melbourne).  We are being well taken care of, but it seems like this trip was not meant to be for us.  On the positive side, our missing suitcase was delivered today!

Hi, how long did it take to get your suitcase? Was it lost by the airline? We arrived in Sydney last night and our luggage is still in Heathrow !!

14 hours ago, Wuzzle10 said:

Hi, how long did it take to get your suitcase? Was it lost by the airline? We arrived in Sydney last night and our luggage is still in Heathrow !!

We arrived in New Zealand on January 11 and received our suitcase on January 20.  Air New Zealand did not load in on their flight from Melbourne to Auckland.  The lost luggage area at Auckland was frightening.  I’m surprised that we ever got our suitcase.

18 hours ago, Trunkabella said:

We arrived in New Zealand on January 11 and received our suitcase on January 20.  Air New Zealand did not load in on their flight from Melbourne to Auckland.  The lost luggage area at Auckland was frightening.  I’m surprised that we ever got our suitcase.

Not much about NZ impressed me especially their officials.

• Like 1