New MDR menus yet?

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

In other words:  They haven't made a final decision on what they think they can get away with.  They're still trying to come up with a way to tell us sheeple that it is better, more convenient, better quality, more sustainable in a way that we will believe them or accept their B.S. excuses.

They have changed the menu a few times in the 14 years we've been cruising on Royal.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

On days when the main courses do not appeal to me in CK, I have ordered the burger from the kids menu.  It's a regular sized burger and has been quite delicious.  

When I have not felt like a burger, the Spaghetti Bolognese from the kids menu was also very tasty. 

How embarrassing for Royal to have adults order from the kid's menu.🤪  One time I tried to order the sundae from the kid's menu, as I heard good things about it, and the waiters did not know what I was talking about.

After my February Anthem sail and the selections are not to my expectations, I may get my revenge by voting at proxy time.😉

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

First 7 nights on the Anthem's January 13th eleven night cruise is the same as before. 

The last 4 nights say, "VENUE CLOSED" ?

They haven’t added our menu on the app yet. They didn’t update the January 2nd menu until that day. They still have the old menu so hopefully we will too. I’m hoping we aren’t the first trip with the new menu on Anthem.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

How embarrassing for Royal to have adults order from the kid's menu.🤪  One time I tried to order the sundae from the kid's menu, as I heard good things about it, and the waiters did not know what I was talking about.

After my February Anthem sail and the selections are not to my expectations, I may get my revenge by voting at proxy time.😉

Sundae?  There's a banana split on the kids menu, not a sundae.

Edited by BND
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, nelblu said:

They made Bucky a killer banana split from the kids menu in CK on Harmony one day.  OMG....it was huge, and most of the staff was giggling about it as they brought it out.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

They made Bucky a killer banana split from the kids menu in CK on Harmony one day.  OMG....it was huge, and most of the staff was giggling about it as they brought it out.  😄 

It is large.  The gentleman that introduced me to you said that he frequently had only that as his lunch. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nelblu said:

How embarrassing for Royal to have adults order from the kid's menu.

I think it's more embarrassing for the adult to have the palate of an 8 year old. Every single day on the menus that were tested last month had a few "safe" options that a reasonable adult would enjoy as well as a couple more adventurous items (such as the indian selection). Maybe the type of "adult" who thinks applebees is fine dining should stick to the buffet

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

I think it's more embarrassing for the adult to have the palate of an 8 year old. Every single day on the menus that were tested last month had a few "safe" options that a reasonable adult would enjoy as well as a couple more adventurous items (such as the indian selection). Maybe the type of "adult" who thinks applebees is fine dining should stick to the buffet

Maybe it's not your business what people choose to eat.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

Just wow 😳

• Like 3

IMHO.. ..what I think is way more embarrassing and piggy (and should be for those types) ....are the pax that think they have to "eat their money's worth" at the WJ.   They walk to their table with overflowing mountains of food  and then leave half of it behind...perhaps to get a new selection for round #2.  Terrible waste.  

Simple to try a just a few things, then if you are still hungry, go back for a bit more.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Maybe it's not your business what people choose to eat.

Yep, I've had gastric sleeve surgery.  I've only got 15% of my pouch (Stomach).  I carry a card in my wallet that identifies me as a gastric sleeve patient and asks restaurants, eating establishments, to allow me to order from the children's menu, if I so desire.  There are lot's of valid reasons for people to order food from the children's menu, not just because of what's available on the main menu or not.  However, it's nobody's business what I order or why I order it.  

To me, it's like wearing shorts or a hat to the MDR on "Formal" nights.  Why someone wears shorts is nobody's business.  It's possible that their luggage was lost and not found yet.  It could be that the hat is covering a very visible medical condition and so on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BND said:

They have changed the menu a few times in the 14 years we've been cruising on Royal.  

Always with lesser choices.  I remember the basket of breads that the asst waiter brought around with many varieties as compared to what they place in the breadbasket today.  I'm not even mentioning the separate dessert menu with more selections than today.

I just hope that I'll be able to order the savory bites each night😆

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yeah, but we non-pinheads have to order from the kiddie's menu.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

IMHO.. ..what I think is way more embarrassing and piggy (and should be for those types) ....are the pax that think they have to "eat their money's worth" at the WJ.   They walk to their table with overflowing mountains of food  and then leave half of it behind...perhaps to get a new selection for round #2.  Terrible waste.  

Simple to try a just a few things, then if you are still hungry, go back for a bit more.  

Agree.

This morning I had my car serviced. The dealership always has drinks and tempting snacks. Don't tell anyone but I had two Pop-Tarts untoasted of course and a small OJ in a carton. Now would that be consider "adventurous". BTW, no little kiddies were harmed or injured during my quest. 😂

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Yep, I've had gastric sleeve surgery.  I've only got 15% of my pouch (Stomach).  I carry a card in my wallet that identifies me as a gastric sleeve patient and asks restaurants, eating establishments, to allow me to order from the children's menu, if I so desire.  There are lot's of valid reasons for people to order food from the children's menu, not just because of what's available on the main menu or not.  However, it's nobody's business what I order or why I order it.  

To me, it's like wearing shorts or a hat to the MDR on "Formal" nights.  Why someone wears shorts is nobody's business.  It's possible that their luggage was lost and not found yet.  It could be that the hat is covering a very visible medical condition and so on.

Well said.   Much better to see people eat little bites, than to pile wastes of food on their plates.  🙂