What is going on? Charging here too.

gizmodog

I think the 20% gratuity refers to purchasing a beverage that's not covered by your drink package. When I checked the app for my upcoming cruise it says the same thing. The menu doesn't mention anything about charges for food, just the cost of beverages. 

6 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

Hope you are right, charge per item sounds like whatever item you order, it then says beverages not included, I like your way of thinking. I’m just not trusting celebrity these days, thanks

Did you click on "menu" to check the food item prices?

32 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Did you click on "menu" to check the food item prices?

I don’t see that same screen … the menu items have no charge listed next to them, whereas the items at Sushi in 5 do.  
plus, I only see where beverages will now incur a 20% service charge, whereas before, I believe it was 18%.  
I am hoping that my assumption that the always included pricing still covers the gratuities, unless the price is over the beverage package limit.  

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

What ship?  The app for our upcoming Summit sailing doesn’t have that Know Before You Go statement and the menu has no prices.

It's Infinity. Though OP ignored my request, I can confirm there are no prices for any food items from the "Poolside Grill" for their sailing. This post is a nothingburger (also free).

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

I think the 20% gratuity refers to purchasing a beverage that's not covered by your drink package. When I checked the app for my upcoming cruise it says the same thing. The menu doesn't mention anything about charges for food, just the cost of beverages. 

I think the 20% gratuity refers to - This is the problem with the nonsense from Celebrity, it should be obvious and clear what we are paying for and what has additional cost.

• Like 3

I didn’t ignore your request, I have a hard time finding menus, when I  finally found it I found no prices, the wording did concern me. 
I do have the rooms service at $9.95 per delivery on this cruise though

my apex cruise in a week does not say that yet.

53 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

I didn’t ignore your request, I have a hard time finding menus

You managed to post a screen capture from the Celebrity app and I simply asked that you click on "menu", which is on the same screen that you captured. I had a hard time believing that you couldn't follow that basic request and could only come to one conclusion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

When you click on "menu", what are the prices?

There are no prices.  Food at the Pool Side Grill is free, only beverages are charged if not covered by your drink package. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

There are no prices.  Food at the Pool Side Grill is free

Yes, that is obviously true. OP was claiming otherwise and I was trying to prove to them that they were mistaken. 

• Like 1