Jewel Of The Seas

On 1/4/2023 at 7:31 AM, molly361 said:

Are you still good with spending all those days on the world cruise on that class of ship?

On 1/4/2023 at 7:37 AM, John&LaLa said:

I believe so. Lots of charm 

I agree! I sailed Serenade for the first time this past Dec 10 and thought it was lovely! I had an interior cabin and it was a wonderful cruise! Would definitely sail her again...

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The connection was awful in December. Very slow if you could even get connected. 
m

In Nov when they were installing it (the contractors were on with us and got off and on with us b2bers) the chief engineer was talking about how it would be working in a couple of weeks.  He seemed excited.  To be fair, I think it may be something with Jewel's wiring internally.  Surf and Surf and Stream were very slow also.  In fact, on the TA (cruise right before ours) they lost connectivity the last couple of days.

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The connection was awful in December. Very slow if you could even get connected. 
m

We experienced excellent speed and virtually no dropped signals on our December 9 Jewel cruise.

This speed was typical for the entire 8 days:

DC4B632F-B88E-4B2D-9335-DEDB5EF552FA.jpeg

Edited by orville99

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

We experienced excellent speed and virtually no dropped signals on our December 9 Jewel cruise.

This speed was typical for the entire 8 days:

DC4B632F-B88E-4B2D-9335-DEDB5EF552FA.jpeg

I don’t know what those stats mean, however, we were on the December 9 Jewel as well  we had a terrible time staying connected/getting service. 
hopefully it will be better this week. 
m

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

51 Pins boarding today. No CL

Thanks John.

Yup. There is a P event in Vortex. Got the invite for Cheers with an officer but not the top tier. 

We had just 12 Ps on Jewel just prior to the Christmas cruise. 

I think these high numbers are here to stay. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks John.

Yup. There is a P event in Vortex. Got the invite for Cheers with an officer but not the top tier. 

We had just 12 Ps on Jewel just prior to the Christmas cruise. 

I think these high numbers are here to stay. 
m

PC voyages definitely draw the locals in masses.

Meant to post that this morning as we were leaving, but it didn’t go through. Have fun

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

51 Pins boarding today. No CL

Our cards worked in the CL...go figure.  But the LA quickly told us once she verified we were JS, that Pinnies not allowed.  She told us 61 Pinnies on board this next 8 nights.  

Pinnacle "event" is a total joke.   Supposedly a "private event for Pinnacles" is simply an overflow into the VCL for the Diamond lounge.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2023 at 6:53 PM, island lady said:

Pinnacle "event" is a total joke.   Supposedly a "private event for Pinnacles" is simply an overflow into the VCL for the Diamond lounge.  

That's how Jewel normally does it.  Overflow for D and above and another app buffet set up on the dance floor area that isn't private.  

1 hour ago, BND said:

That's how Jewel normally does it.  Overflow for D and above and another app buffet set up on the dance floor area that isn't private.  

When I posted that, there was no mini buffet on the dance floor, and totally open overflow for anyone wanting to come in there...C&A members or not.  Connecting door to DL wide open.  

On our second week, they posted the "Pinnacle" sign and set up the buffet in the VCL.  They closed the door leading into the DL.  HD decided enough was enough, and did not want the DL overflow...as many ships were doing years ago.  Quite the difference. 

Am on again for B2B starting on the 25th.  Will be interesting to see what they are doing then...or perhaps if we are under the threshold of 30 Pinnies...will be back in the CL again (which was a ghost town on the 2 weeks we were on board).  

2 hours ago, island lady said:

When I posted that, there was no mini buffet on the dance floor, and totally open overflow for anyone wanting to come in there...C&A members or not.  Connecting door to DL wide open.  

On our second week, they posted the "Pinnacle" sign and set up the buffet in the VCL.  They closed the door leading into the DL.  HD decided enough was enough, and did not want the DL overflow...as many ships were doing years ago.  Quite the difference. 

Am on again for B2B starting on the 25th.  Will be interesting to see what they are doing then...or perhaps if we are under the threshold of 30 Pinnies...will be back in the CL again (which was a ghost town on the 2 weeks we were on board).  

We're on EN in April and they do a Pinn event in the VCL and rope off an area as the DL and CL are the level above.  We're back on Jewel for a Quebec City b2b out of NJ in Oct/Nov so we'll see what they do then.  I imagine there will be a lot of Pinns onboard for that itinerary since it's not offered very often.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1