The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday January 4th, 2023

rafinmd

3 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

My niece-and next door neighbor-just finished the Rotterdam New Year's cruise and is sitting at FLL. She said planes weren't landing there so no planes to leave. She was supposed to arrive in Seattle around 8 pm, now she's scheduled for 3 am. 2 problems with that-1st, she can't check her luggage yet and not many food options before security. The other problem is the 1st ferry in the morning isn't until after 5 am so more waiting. We'll be up early to meet the ferry. She tried to leave from Miami but planes were delayed there too. Her cabin was very near where the refugee rescue occurred, so she did get some good photos.

It was a major FAA computer tracking problem out of Orlando. Though it was fixed the backup caused staffing problems and bad weather didn’t help. This affected many Florida flights but we’re here albeit  late with luggage and we’re going cruising tomorrow! Life is good!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

A last check in before I close things down for the night.  We had spaghetti with Italian sausage for supper tonight.  DH would have preferred Italian meatballs instead but we didn't have any in the freezer.   Confession, I buy the mini frozen ones.

7 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Oh my gosh, you lucky ducks!  Enjoy!!!  🌺

When we were moving from FL to DC (VA) I was looking for the garbage to put out for collection the next day.  It was packed.  😳

Some how, I've kept the movers from packing the garbage. 🤣

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We embarked in FLL this afternoon. When we returned to our cabin after lunch we had these beautiful flowers awaiting us from a couple we met on the cruise. They disembarked this morning. How very nice!

0104231305.jpg

0104231301.jpg

Joy, beautiful flowers, and how nice of the couple to send them to you.

6 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Afternoon from a warm and sunny day at the beach

We finally arrived home at 2am today after a long crazy trip home.  Our 85 day cruise was wonderful, a few hiccups but to be expected. Met some wonderful people and saw amazing places. Cant wait to go again!  

My neighbor put some breakfast food in our refrigerator as well as a few snacks. Another neighbor just dropped off dinner so I wouldnt have to deal with it today. I am so blessed to have such wonderful neighbors.

We stayed well the entire journey. We had a very low Covid count  according to one of the officers. We had to wear masks once we reached Australia. Very little to no one wearing them in the ports. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, I'm glad you made it home safely. You have some very nice and thoughtful neighbors.

6 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Yep..... I moved garbage too.

That's one of the few things we haven't moved.

44 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

It was a major FAA computer tracking problem out of Orlando. Though it was fixed the backup caused staffing problems and bad weather didn’t help. This affected many Florida flights but we’re here albeit  late with luggage and we’re going cruising tomorrow! Life is good!

Bruce, I'm glad you and Sue arrived in Miami safely even if late.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Haha 1