The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday January 4th, 2023

rafinmd

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

That missing function drives me nuts.  It was so much easier to do a search by username, along with the key word(s).  I wish they’d bring it back because, basically, the search feature is pretty much useless to me now.

I agree.

You can still click on a person's Avatar.

Screenshot_20230104_185614_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 6

I thought I hit send.  Sorry this is so late today.

Hornitos Black Barrel Tequila Manhattan cocktail:

Ingredients
3 parts
Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila
1 part
Vermouth, Sweet
2 dashes
Bitters
Lemon Peel

Instructions
Stir all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a flamed lemon peel.

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 2.05.03 PM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're having a cloudy day, mid 40's again.  But winds are expected today, with gusts up to 50 mph.  I hope the trees stay in place, the tree service hasn't gotten out here yet.

I think a lot of us will be having spaghetti tonight.  I'm not good at trivia, other than a few topics.  I wish my Grandfather had learned Braille.  He went blind from Diabetes and pretty much gave up on life.  It could have made his life so much more interesting.  He was the typical "can't teach old dogs new tricks" kind of person.

I'll pass on the meal (not fond of coconut or curry), drink and red wine.  Have never been to the port, thank you Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserfor the amazing photos.

I'll be the odd woman out, I much prefer to do my own unpacking no matter how long it takes.  We've moved many, many times (military primarily) and they always packed us up, then at the new residence put the boxes in the correct room, and we would do the unpacking.  I'm sure I would rearrange everything if they put things away anyway.  It takes me awhile to make those decisions, and any on-the-spot decisions would be changed later. 😉  

I wish I could see the World Cruise blog from years back!  The name of the poster sounds really familiar too.  If that is the name, the person still posts on CC.  What happened to the function here that allowed you to look up a person's name and posts?  I don't see it anymore.  It was a list of CC members -- maybe it got too big?

Annie @marshhawkFurnando is a handsome boy and I look forward to more kitty photos.

Bon Voyage Gerry @ger_77!

I'm still in shock over Rich's @richwmnupgrade for the World Cruise!  Woo hoo!!

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

A way I use to look up member names is to type the @ sign in a new post and start typing what I think the name is. Then click on the name and you will be able to see their information. I then exit the post without hitting 'submit reply'.

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

That missing function drives me nuts.  It was so much easier to do a search by username, along with the key word(s).  I wish they’d bring it back because, basically, the search feature is pretty much useless to me now.

I just found this function a few days ago.  Go to the top right side of the page on the Search line with the magnifying glass symbol.  Use the drop down arrow and at the bottom it says members. Click on members.  Type in what you think the name is like you did "Legally blonde" and it will search for them.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=legallyblonde&quick=1&type=core_members

Is the first one her?

I think I've missed a few posts since this morning so I'm going back to read now.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I just found this function a few days ago.  Go to the top right side of the page on the Search line with the magnifying glass symbol.  Use the drop down arrow and at the bottom it says members. Click on members.  Type in what you think the name is like you did "Legally blonde" and it will search for them.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=legallyblonde&quick=1&type=core_members

Is the first one her?

I think I've missed a few posts since this morning so I'm going back to read now.

That function gives advanced search.

Previously you could get tables of Top posters and Top reputation through member search.

I used to check these and the last time I could check there was 16 Dailyites in the top 24 like reputations.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

You can still click on a person's Avatar.

Screenshot_20230104_185614_com.android.chrome.jpg

But that only works if you're sure of their CC name.  In this case all we knew was it was "similar to" legally blonde. 

45 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Is the first one her?

Yes, the first one is the right one.  I just spent some time looking at her blog, but oh my goodness it's LONG.  So I skimmed.  It does seem that she got more and more critical as the cruise went on.  

Thanks for helping find the names of members!  So the ability is still there, just in a different place.

45 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Is the first one her?

For me the issue is the inability to search for a certain post by a specific user.  For example, someone asks a question and I know that one day — out of the thousands of days I’ve been on here 🤭 — I answered that specific question.  I used to be able to do a search for that word/topic by username.  Now it brings up every single person’s post who ever used that word since the beginning of Cruise Critic time…. and somewhere in that mess is the post I’m looking for.  😳 So now I don’t answer questions unless it’s vivid in my memory. 😂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from sunny 64F central Texas.  It's been a busy morning with varied tasks.

@marshhawk  Annie, I forgot to mention that Furnando is a handsome cat.

4 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning!

We're having a cloudy and mostly dry day today. 

DH is home and doing quite well overall. I've added "wound care" to my resume. My sole training was a printed list of the steps to take and a bag of supplies. Monday afternoon Home Health started up with the nurse coming to do intake and she did a dressing change and answered questions. Yesterday was a PT evaluation. DH will have PT once every 2 weeks until his heel heals and then weekly when he can put weight on it and walk again. Today it's OT eval and a nurse's visit to do the dressing change. I think nursing will go to once weekly. Friday is a speech eval. 

Our Christmas gift to each other is new appliances and our dishwasher is set to be installed on Thursday! I'm so ready for this. Range and refrigerator are a few weeks out which is fine. I'll also do a new range hood and sink and DS will install those for us. 

We watched the sailaway yesterday and plan to be there today. I can't go anywhere as DH can't get in a car so I may even get the house de-Christmased and things put away. 

Karen

Karen, I'm glad your DH is doing well at home.  We also found that the services provided for DH were not exactly what we expected.  The nursing was once a week to check his vitals and see how much pain he was having.  PT was three times a week.  Still it was about what he needed, and that all ended before Christmas.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're having a cloudy day, mid 40's again.  But winds are expected today, with gusts up to 50 mph.  I hope the trees stay in place, the tree service hasn't gotten out here yet.

I think a lot of us will be having spaghetti tonight.  I'm not good at trivia, other than a few topics.  I wish my Grandfather had learned Braille.  He went blind from Diabetes and pretty much gave up on life.  It could have made his life so much more interesting.  He was the typical "can't teach old dogs new tricks" kind of person.

I'll pass on the meal (not fond of coconut or curry), drink and red wine.  Have never been to the port, thank you Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserfor the amazing photos.

I'll be the odd woman out, I much prefer to do my own unpacking no matter how long it takes.  We've moved many, many times (military primarily) and they always packed us up, then at the new residence put the boxes in the correct room, and we would do the unpacking.  I'm sure I would rearrange everything if they put things away anyway.  It takes me awhile to make those decisions, and any on-the-spot decisions would be changed later. 😉  

I wish I could see the World Cruise blog from years back!  The name of the poster sounds really familiar too.  If that is the name, the person still posts on CC.  What happened to the function here that allowed you to look up a person's name and posts?  I don't see it anymore.  It was a list of CC members -- maybe it got too big?

Annie @marshhawkFurnando is a handsome boy and I look forward to more kitty photos.

Bon Voyage Gerry @ger_77!

I'm still in shock over Rich's @richwmnupgrade for the World Cruise!  Woo hoo!!

Carolyn, we have always unpacked the boxes after our moves.  For our last two moves which we were paying for, we also packed the boxes.  One move, I looked for a plant and found it packed in one of the boxes.  It would never have survived the move.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, I have disappointing news to report.  Then again, it may be a blessing in disguise.

Service Masters had an emergency, but promises to be at my house tomorrow.

Meanwhile we are having torrential rains.  If they would be moving furniture, everything would be wet and would not be a happy camper.  

So we stopped at the Home Depot and bought the new lighting fixture for the kitchen and then I finished cleaning the guest bathroom.

Then the rains came.  We decided to get ourselves out of there.  

So we’re back at our apartment and that is where we’ll stay for the rest of the day or at least until it stops raining.

Terri

Terri, I think it was good the movers had an emergency.  Moving in in the rain is not fun, and we did it once.  The movers dropped DH's recliner in the mud.  

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like spaghetti; despite the carbs it's a go to when I don't feel like cooking. I like trivia and used to do ok at it. Braille is so important for those with impaired vision. Interesting quote. The meal sounds good, if no shredded coconut (coconut milk is ok). Pass on the drink and the wine is a bit pricey for me.

I haven't been to Durban.

It's warm (62F), rainy and cloudy here. I slept in this morning. Then had a haircut at noon, and did a couple of errands after. Now just relaxing.

@rafinmd Thank you for starting the Daily today, and out lists.

@ger_77 Bon Voyage!

@StLouisCruisers Stay safe during the storms! 

@grapau27 Lovely looking lunch. 

@aliaschief Nice on the flight upgrade. Safe travels!

@Cruzin Terri I hope the furniture is getting moved in tomorrow; and good news on the assistance with unpacking boxes.

@marshhawk I hope the CT scans show all is stable. I think the doctor has to contact you in a certain time period about the results, if your appointment isn't within a week or so. Thanks for the quote explanation and showing us Furnando.

@kochleffel Congrats on your impending retirement.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thank you for the Durban photos and from the game preserve.

@durangoscots I'm sure you'll be happy when you have less responsibilities at the shelter.

@USN59-79 Good to hear the foot is better, Ray.

@bennybear Yay! Gorgeous scenery. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

@ger_77 and friends on the Rotterdam

image.thumb.png.c49f351263a3cb5224ca8fd2475e4217.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

36 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Aloha.  After much trepidation and many roadblocks we are here.  I couldn’t even mention it after three years of being grounded until now.   So very thankful for all the beauty in this world.  

0103B33E-F510-42A1-BD37-2E5A9AEC7C65.jpeg

8FF5BAEF-03A9-4254-B82E-CB40BE408278.jpeg

0C851B93-8456-4FFD-B630-F2CB588B93B6.jpeg

2F76777D-B145-4A39-AC2B-F03B23B510E2.jpeg

Oh my gosh, you lucky ducks!  Enjoy!!!  🌺

32 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, we have always unpacked the boxes after our moves.  For our last two moves which we were paying for, we also packed the boxes.  One move, I looked for a plant and found it packed in one of the boxes.  It would never have survived the move.

When we were moving from FL to DC (VA) I was looking for the garbage to put out for collection the next day.  It was packed.  😳

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Yes, the first one is the right one.  I just spent some time looking at her blog, but oh my goodness it's LONG.  So I skimmed.  It does seem that she got more and more critical as the cruise went on.  

Yep. That’s it. She removed a lot of the negativity on her blog that her CC thread had recorded/retained. I remember reading both in real time.

• Like 9

I forgot to mention yesterday that the posts about the Dominican Republic and the photos caused me to think differently about visiting there. It appears in many cruise itineraries but I hadn't been much interested -- now, it would increase the likelihood that I'd book a cruise including it, especially if the same itinerary didn't included any of my "once is enough" ports.

When I got home from D.C., the pile of mail included a very large, flat envelope with a return address of GODDARD SPACE CENTER. It took me a while to realize that it's from an online discussion group that NASA scientists to communicate with writers, artists, and teachers, and it was a prize from the December meeting, where instead of discussing science, we played word games. I didn't do well, but everyone who got at least one point received something. It's the 2023 NASA science calendar.

601692911_2023NASAScienceCalendarPrintResolution-1.png.7e8677b1710f12d1d06617a9b7d876d6.png

• Like 25

Good Afternoon from a warm and sunny day at the beach

We finally arrived home at 2am today after a long crazy trip home.  Our 85 day cruise was wonderful, a few hiccups but to be expected. Met some wonderful people and saw amazing places. Cant wait to go again!  

My neighbor put some breakfast food in our refrigerator as well as a few snacks. Another neighbor just dropped off dinner so I wouldnt have to deal with it today. I am so blessed to have such wonderful neighbors.

We stayed well the entire journey. We had a very low Covid count  according to one of the officers. We had to wear masks once we reached Australia. Very little to no one wearing them in the ports. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27

47 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Oh my gosh, you lucky ducks!  Enjoy!!!  🌺

When we were moving from FL to DC (VA) I was looking for the garbage to put out for collection the next day.  It was packed.  😳

Yep..... I moved garbage too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

58 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We embarked in FLL this afternoon. When we returned to our cabin after lunch we had these beautiful flowers awaiting us from a couple we met on the cruise. They disembarked this morning. How very nice!

0104231305.jpg

0104231301.jpg

That was a lovely surprise for you Joy.

I'm really pleased for you both.

Great.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Lot’s of flights delayed due to some issue in Orlando. We were scheduled to leave Atlanta at 3:42 and now 6 PM! Tis going to be a long day!☹️

My niece-and next door neighbor-just finished the Rotterdam New Year's cruise and is sitting at FLL. She said planes weren't landing there so no planes to leave. She was supposed to arrive in Seattle around 8 pm, now she's scheduled for 3 am. 2 problems with that-1st, she can't check her luggage yet and not many food options before security. The other problem is the 1st ferry in the morning isn't until after 5 am so more waiting. We'll be up early to meet the ferry. She tried to leave from Miami but planes were delayed there too. Her cabin was very near where the refugee rescue occurred, so she did get some good photos.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

My niece-and next door neighbor-just finished the Rotterdam New Year's cruise and is sitting at FLL. She said planes weren't landing there so no planes to leave. She was supposed to arrive in Seattle around 8 pm, now she's scheduled for 3 am. 2 problems with that-1st, she can't check her luggage yet and not many food options before security. The other problem is the 1st ferry in the morning isn't until after 5 am so more waiting. We'll be up early to meet the ferry. She tried to leave from Miami but planes were delayed there too. Her cabin was very near where the refugee rescue occurred, so she did get some good photos.

That is strange.. We docked this morning in FLL and there were constantly planes coming in and out? Wonder what the scoop is.

We watched the 2 refugees on the raft come to our ship from our balcony.

0103231600_HDR.jpg

0103231601_HDR.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2