Westerdam

Moreton Island, Queensland Australia 08:00 - 17:00
Capture1.JPG.641fdd96ba730cfb522db776c73fdadf.JPG

Capture2.JPG.2f88f5caa75ce8ec8fc94049fdf90fc2.JPG

Roy (posting for Rich)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 11

Good morning, Daily family. 🙂

I just realized last night that I didn’t apply for my shareholder OBC for my NCL cruise next month. That’s at the top of my to-do list this morning on my break. 

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a sunny 50°F North East England.

Thank you for our today's daily reports and lists Roy which is most appreciated.

Today's quote is hard to understand.

3 interesting days.

Braille is a lifetime for blind people.

Food is so so.

Best wishes for everyone who is unwell.

Happy cruising for those currently or soon to be cruising.

Graham.

• Like 22

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

It is also National Hypnotism Day. “Look into my eyes, you are getting sleepy, you will laugh at all my corny jokes.” 🤪

Hay Jose, what were drinking when you came up with that quote?

• Like 10
  • Haha 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another rainy day here, is should be snow, but I'm not complaining.

Interesting days.  I like spaghetti and trivia. 

Thought provoking quote.

I'll pass on the meal but I'm sure the drink and wine will be winners.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Good beautiful kinda wet morning in FLL. I got rained on my balcony and had to sit by the door to watch sail in. The incoming aircraft is busy. Hoping everyone catches their flights today.

Roy you are a champ for filling in with triple+ duties. Thank you for keeping us going!

I understand the quote I guess. 

Lots of trivia lovers. Allen and I got 12 correct last night and a table of 6 got a perfect score and won HAL journals.

We are going to have another turn around this morning. Goodbye to our fellow passengers we sailed with, and Bon Voyage to our incoming passenger's including @ger_77DH and their friends.

This week will be a repeat of our sailing a few weeks ago, but are really looking forward to our week of the 17th thru 25th!

Prayers lifted up to all who need help. Cheers to a healthy, happy New year!

Blessings!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Thank you to everyone who contributes to the Daily report. 

My dh and I have spaghetti once a week. (He is  1/2 Italian.) It's pouring rain here, which is better than snow.  Nothing important on our schedule for today other than watering the inside plants. 

• Like 20

Good morning everyone. It’s 50degrees going up to 66 today in central New Jersey. Unusual weather for January. I can celebrate all the days today and the meal sounds very interesting. Will have to wait for the recipes.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 21

Good morning from a stormy north central Georgia!  Yesterday we were under a tornado watch which expired at 9 pm.  This morning I see we are under another tornado watch since 4 am until noon.  Thankfully no severe weather or power outages, just rain, wind, thunder and lightning.  We plan to stay inside.⛈️

Thanks to Rich @richwmnand Roy @rafinmd for creating and posting our Daily and Fleet Report.  I love spaghetti, am terrible at trivia, and appreciate the benefits and value of braille.  Don't think I'd like the menu suggestion, drink or wine.  I'm puzzled by the quote, and have never been to Durban, South Africa.  We had planned to go there but now I'm not sure we ever will.  Durban was our port of the day on March 8, 2022 so here is a link to Rich's post from that date for retrieving photos.  It would be great to see some photos!

Prayers sent to all on the Care list, and Damar Hamlin as he recovers from his heart issue from Monday night plus his family and teammates.  I hope the people of Ukraine can continue holding strong in their fight for their country and freedom.  Cheers to our friends on cruises, and those getting on a ship soon.  A big hello to Joy and Allen this morning!  I'm thinking of you both and hope Allen is back to his old self again.  Thanks for the reports on the Rotterdam rescue efforts yesterday.  ❤️

Have a great day everyone and be safe!

• Like 24

I just missed seeing the World Cruiser's depart last night....but so looking forward to all the wonderful blogs this year....so many different interests and perspectives....a really great group....!!!

Who remembers the woman several years ago....who took the cruise for the 1st time....with her ex.....and basically hated it..........it was a blog I didn't want to read but was so outrageous....a total train wreck......you just couldn't look away.....😲😂

And....I think "our" Rich @richwmn ....getting...not at a last minute....but a past-minute upgrade to a veranda was simply amazing.....!!!!!!

• Like 29

Good morning.  I love this balmy weather we’ve been having.  Yesterday I was out in a t-shirt!  I will probably do some gardening today. I almost went to the garden centre for flowers, yesterday, but then I remembered it is winter.  😂

I love spaghetti but we are having turkey pot pie today.  Yesterday was a ginger beef stir fry to use up the New Year’s steak.  I am whittling away at the contents of the fridge so I can give it a good cleaning.

I was reading @Seasick Sailor’s post about sailing into PEV and was sad because I thought it was her last day.  And then I read that she is staying on and is being joined by @ger_77 and was happy again!  Have a fabulous time, you two!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

Who remembers the woman several years ago....who took the cruise for the 1st time....with her ex.....and basically hated it..........it was a blog I didn't want to read but was so outrageous....a total train wreck......you just couldn't look away.....😲😂

Apparently I missed that.  That’s one I would have read.  😂

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

Good morning, everyone.

It is a rainy, soggy day here in mid-Michigan.  Rain is supposed to clear out this morning some time, but the radar map shows it hanging around a bit longer.  I'll be going to the gym this morning instead of walking outside.  I got all the indoor Christmas decorations, including the trees, down  yesterday and stored away.  There are some outdoor ones that I will leave up for now as they are live ones.  I'll wait until they are past their prime.  They are still looking pretty good right now.  

I would like to try today's meal if it were made for me.  If I liked it, I would then make it.  I think it would be very flavorful.  https://www.foodiecrush.com/thai-turkey-meatballs-coconut-red-curry-sauce/

2044509373_Thaiturkeymeatballscoconutcurry1.thumb.jpg.108c04b7dbe3e4d79d7e1cfa0d7f6a5b.jpg

This next recipe has slightly different seasonings and marinates the meat over night to let the flavors blend before cooking the meatballs.  I like that both bake the meatballs instead of frying them to reduce the fat content and calorie content.  And, without rice or noodles, the carbs are in range for me.   https://www.aheadofthyme.com/thai-turkey-meatballs-in-coconut-curry/

1920140369_Thaiturkeymeatballscoconutcurry2.thumb.jpg.e4c9db74f678e0c722533bebb985ffc9.jpg

This last one is again slightly different, but not much.   It has the lowest carb count, which is attractive to me.  https://themodernproper.com/turkey-meatballs-in-a-creamy-red-curry-sauce

1818651800_Thaiturkeymeatballscoconutcurry3.thumb.jpg.cb813bbf063870f0303367641d48488c.jpg

I hope one of these dishes strikes your fancy!   Wishing  you all a wonderful day.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich via Roy!  A bit cloudy this morning with a possibility of showers. We shall see. Bindi’s vet fixed her up with some good meds, so hopefully she will be back to normal soon. She lost too much weight and needs to put on a couple pounds. Though I would love to have to put on weight, I would not want to go about it the same way Bindi did. 

Roy, thank you for all you do. Off to the gym. I need to do some garage decluttering. Perhaps I will start today. 

Weather here is a lot like this…

28436382-C155-4133-8D51-84BD008146ED.jpeg.f55cc199891a5245b4fda0d6fe5a93c2.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Château La Gaffelière St.-Emilion 2019

It is not always easy being a member of the food & beverage department. Especially when Rich uses his secret code to announce the wine du jour. But I pulled out my trusty decoder ring and voilà- we have a wine worthy of a secret code. All released vintages share similar excellent - superb ratings.  Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $55.25.

Winemaker Notes

#67 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

Blend: 60% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Franc

WE97 Wine Enthusiast
This estate has made a dark, dense wine in this vintage. That density is penetrated by the freshness of the black currant fruits. The result is a wine that is powered both by structure and crisp fruit. There is definitely plenty of aging potential here. 
Barrel Sample: 95-97
JS96 James Suckling

A vibrant, fragrant red with aromas of blackberries, currants, walnuts and mint chocolate. Medium-bodied with fine-grained tannins. Pretty walnut notes on the polished finish. Fantastic length. Driven acidity and focus. Try in 2025.

D95Decanter
 An estate with a gathering sense of excitement around it, and once again proves why with the 2019. Sleek and flavourful, with the insistent tug of limestone slowing things down and allowing the juice and the tension to really inform the palate. Creamy texture also, with blueberry and raspberry fruit played gently against tobacco and crushed stone minerality. Highly successful. 
Barrel Sample: 95
JD95 Jeb Dunnuck
The flagship 2019 Château La Gaffeliere is mostly Merlot, yet the cuvée always includes around 15% Cabernet Franc. It offers a complex array of spiced red and black fruits, cedary herbs, lead pencil, and a kiss of tobacco to go with a medium-bodied, elegant, impressively balanced style on the palate. It shows the more classic style of the vintage, has no hard edges, and is going to be relatively accessible in its youth yet also age gracefully. 
Barrel Sample: 93-95
RP95 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2019 La Gaffelière wafts from the glass with a rich bouquet of blackberries and cherries mingled with subtle hints of burning embers and loamy soil that's framed by a deft application of creamy new oak. Medium to full-bodied, deep and seamless, it's a concentrated, vibrant wine built around bright acids and fine, powdery tannins. Its vivid fruit tones and classical balance make this Cabernet Franc-rich blend a promising candidate for sustained bottle age. Anyone who has tasted the great wines this estate produced in the 1950's and 1960's knows how great this site can be; and with stricter selection as well as the elimination of fruit from vines growing on the plain from the blend, that potential appears to be being unleashed at last. Best After 2027

WS94 Wine Spectator

This rolls out dense fig, boysenberry and red currant paste flavors laced with pronounced chalky minerality and notes of tobacco, dried anise and juniper. The serious tannic drive on the finish puts this in the 'classically austere' camp. Worth cellaring for sure, but patience is required.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  This morning it’s overcast with rain coming.  Luckily I’m working at home today.  Today’s meal suggestion is one that I would try, DH doesn’t care for curry.  I guess we will be celebrating spaghetti day since that’s is what I planned on making for dinner, leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 21

Good morning! It may be a long travel day as thunderstorms and heavy rain are passing through at the moment. Why we always travel a day early. Our luggage is lined with garbage bags in hopes of keeping contents relatively dry. Wet or dry the important thing is they arrive with us in Miami. 
We have a four hour layover in Atlanta and we have been notified we have been upgraded to first class. The 50,000 miles we have flown last year paid off.

May be my last MeMe’s for a few days depending on internet.

Thanks for the report, list, sommelier and food postings.

image.thumb.jpeg.2aa1a51471cc308110d6946629e7d728.jpegimage.jpeg.5cb1c2f03f90824c54e8ffc9008f1ef7.jpegimage.jpeg.43b1fc8bb9c65d6507e3ea7480894978.jpegimage.jpeg.9ffcb8e3a61883bbe91670fbbef87b7e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e6a884d57a39e4a0369b6b622e9d7830.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Haha 14

Good morning.It is almost 60 degrees with sun popping out.We enjoy playing trivia on BHB'S. My DB is a very competitive  person and really got into it when we traveled  together.It was always a hoot.Spaghetti is popular here but not on the menu for today.We made vegetarian  lasagna last night and will have it again today.

Bon Voyage to @aliaschief, Bruce and Susan!

@marshhawk,Ann, I am glad you finally got the CT and hope  you hear something  soon.The doctors group we use has a handy-dandy  portal that sends info in real time.It made the whole operative procedure so much less stressful.I got prompt answers to questions  as well.

@cat shepard, I am sorry Bindi has been unwell but hope things improve soon

Enjoy the day everyone!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

It is 62 and sunny right now on Hilton Head.  Rain is expected later today.

I am waiting to hear whether Service Masters will  be at our house today to move in our furniture.  They have a meeting at 9 am each morning where they receive their assignments.  A lot is dependent on whether they have any emergencies to deal with.

A bit of good news is that the insurance company will pay for Service Masters to help us unpack the boxes.  That is a big deal for us.  I think if they just left them at the house we would be looking at them all taped up for the rest of our lives.   I don’t think we have the wherewithal to do that job ourselves.

Prayers for all that need them and cheers to all that are celebrating and cruising.

Special shoutout to those beginning the World Cruise.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

A bit of good news is that the insurance company will pay for Service Masters to help us unpack the boxes.  That is a big deal for us.  I think if they just left them at the house we would be looking at them all taped up for the rest of our lives.   I don’t think we have the wherewithal to do that job ourselves.

Unpacking the boxes is as hard a job as packing them to begin with.  At least when packing them you know everything goes in the box.  When you unpack you have to make decisions as to where to put things. That should be easier because it is the same house.  It was hard for me because some boxes were packed and labeled when we thought we were getting the first house.  So, things I had labeled for the kitchen ended up going to the basement.  I sure hope you get that help.  It is easier if all you have to do is direct others.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1