Riviera New Bar Drinks, Menus and Prices

Robjame

3 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Oh, I get that. My point is, if when I order my first one, I say, I'm going to want another during my meal. I'd expect them to keep an eye on me and not leave me thirsty 🙂 At least, I've seen land restaurants pay attention to this and come in time to ask me if I want another before my current runs out. It takes some skill, but if warned they can usually manage it.  😉 

or  just buy a bottle & ask them to leave it on the table   then you can pour a glass when you are ready

On 1/11/2023 at 7:10 AM, Robjame said:

With the new bar menus, new menus seem to be appearing with drinks not included in the Drink Packages. I recall items like XO, but these are more extensive.

image.thumb.jpeg.c4018cd9fb8ee3c504ba5a1d9411deb7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4b935a55e1a6647df6f86eec9f82ccd8.jpeg

I am positively weeping at the fact that Blanton's and WR Double Oaked aren't included in the Prestige Package. Even Carnival includes the Blanton's in their package. But then again, if they were included, Oceania would likely discontinue the beverage packages after my sailing. 🤣

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Janet- said:

We are on Regatta at the moment and wine by the glass ranges from $9.5 to $11.5  with  champagne at $16.5 plus tip. Much cheaper than the list posted by OP, how strange.

Can you post a picture of the wine by the glass list? Those prices are much lower than the ones I paid last month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Janet- said:

We are on Regatta at the moment and wine by the glass ranges from $9.5 to $11.5  with  champagne at $16.5 plus tip. Much cheaper than the list posted by OP, how strange.

sounds like  pre covid  prices

On 1/8/2023 at 4:41 PM, Robjame said:

Up at Horizons enjoying a double Oban 14yr @ 2 x $18 + 20%. All the single malts are aboard tho I have not verified that by taste 👅.

They are included in the Prestige but NOT in the 2 for 1 Happy Hour or freebie parties. ( I am guessing there will be more of the party exclusions)

Just an FYI The Oban was included in the 2 for 1 happy hour and the repeat cruiser party (for free with a very generous pour) on Sirena last month.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

I wouldn’t get the basic package 

I was just suggesting what feels like a fair way to make use of it 

They probably will not bring  a glass  until you are finished the first one  with or without  a package

you can always ask  though

Just saying

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

They probably will not bring  a glass  until you are finished the first one  with or without  a package

you can always ask  though

Just saying

I KNOW, I’ve said that from the get go,

But if I say I’m going to want another, good customer service will ensure I don’t go thirsty 

Listen, I’m not going to beg for drinks with a basic package. I’m just saying, if I had it, I’d make sure I didn’t have to worry about a second drink during my meal 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Just an FYI The Oban was included in the 2 for 1 happy hour and the repeat cruiser party (for free with a very generous pour) on Sirena last month.

Very interesting, historically single malts have been excluded from the happy hour. 

I have had a bartender give me a single malt a time or two at the Repeater party. Years ago they used to be more liberal than they are now. 

I do find it interesting that the Aberlour 10 is $25 for a drink, while the Oban 14 is included in the package. Unless they are using a special duty free type Oban it is a much superior scotch to the Aberlour. Not that there's anything wrong with Aberlour, but I prefer the Abunach cask strength version. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

I KNOW, I’ve said that from the get go,

But if I say I’m going to want another, good customer service will ensure I don’t go thirsty 

Listen, I’m not going to beg for drinks with a basic package. I’m just saying, if I had it, I’d make sure I didn’t have to worry about a second drink during my meal 

I think you missed my point

They are not like in restaurants where  they are  hovering close by  to refill your glass   looking for the big tip at the end of the night

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

Very interesting, historically single malts have been excluded from the happy hour. 

I have had a bartender give me a single malt a time or two at the Repeater party. Years ago they used to be more liberal than they are now. 

Three different waiters did this during six happy hours during the week, one was also my waiter at the repeater party and brought me a very tall glass of Oban (and he remembered my drink), much more than a double.  

3 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Three different waiters did this during six happy hours during the week, one was also my waiter at the repeater party and brought me a very tall glass of Oban (and he remembered my drink), much more than a double.  

Hope it spreads to the other ships. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

Hope it spreads to the other ships. 

I would like to attribute it to my sunny disposition and disarming good looks but most likely it was my generous cash tipping above the standard gratuity.  I was happy with the ROI.

Edited by shepherd really
  • Like 3

I generally drink bourbon on the rocks.  Almost exclusively. I like to keep track of my intake, but it rather depends on the size of the pours.  Does anyone know what a standard pour would be?   Ounces, if you know, otherwise I’ll work out the conversion.  I’m also thinking about bringing a bottle aboard for nightcaps. Our traveling companions tend to go to bed early.  

15 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I think you missed my point

They are not like in restaurants where  they are  hovering close by  to refill your glass   looking for the big tip at the end of the night

Enjoy your cruise

So, on Oceania they don't keep your wine topped off if you have the basic package?  As Jenny Penny seems to be thinking, you will be wineless for a portion of your meal?

57 minutes ago, alainciao said:

So, on Oceania they don't keep your wine topped off if you have the basic package?  As Jenny Penny seems to be thinking, you will be wineless for a portion of your meal?

NO!

There are wine stewards that cover certain areas of the venue with multiple guests to take care. One’s rate of consumption is in no way related to the regularity of appearance of the wine steward.

Let me reiterate a point. The waiters do not serve the wine, that is left to the wine steward. So, if your restaurant is full and your wine steward busy, your glass may well set empty for awhile. 

1 hour ago, alainciao said:

I get the basic package and I have to ask for each glass. You may have to go a short while with an empty glass but the service from the wine stewards was good in my 2 O cruises in 2022. I didn't wait long. Also note that they will take your card and swipe it with each glass, as they are required to do. 

The only time I have had two glasses brought to me at once was when we ordered room service for dinner and I knew I would be drinking two glasses of wine. 

7 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

Also note that they will take your card and swipe it with each glass, as they are required to do. 

This is one of those things that apparently situations vary. I have had on more than one occasion, the wine steward waiting until the end of the meal, then taking the card. If we are going to be ordering wine by the glass we always set the card on the table, which I think they recommend in the daily paper.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

This is one of those things that apparently situations vary. I have had on more than one occasion, the wine steward waiting until the end of the meal, then taking the card. If we are going to be ordering wine by the glass we always set the card on the table, which I think they recommend in the daily paper.

Yes, it really does depend on the wine steward. My husband gets the prestige package and I get the basic package. We always set our cards on the table and they take them and bring them back with each drink.  I can't remember a time where they didn't do it that way.

Just depends on the luck of the draw I guess.

I can confirm what ORV stated above, at least on (a) this cruise, (b) this dining venue, and (c) this wine steward. Last night in The Grand Dining Room, the wine steward did not take our cards until the end of the meal. We didn’t have them out on the table either.  It took a bit for our first glass of wine to arrive (moments after first course arrived), but after that the wine steward appeared often for refill. And always before glass was dry.

The wine stewards all appeared to be hustling the butts off during this dinner service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/10/2023 at 8:32 PM, OhState1 said:

I generally drink bourbon on the rocks.  Almost exclusively. I like to keep track of my intake, but it rather depends on the size of the pours.  Does anyone know what a standard pour would be?   Ounces, if you know, otherwise I’ll work out the conversion.  I’m also thinking about bringing a bottle aboard for nightcaps. Our traveling companions tend to go to bed early.  

I have found that Oceania generally has very heavy pours if you are on the package. We have always had the package when sailing Oceania, so without it I'm not sure. Our first Oceania Cruise was a surprise as we had no idea what they were giving us as far as the pour goes. From the next day on, we ask for singles as we will be drinking throughout the day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

I have found that Oceania generally has very heavy pours if you are on the package. We have always had the package when sailing Oceania, so without it I'm not sure. Our first Oceania Cruise was a surprise as we had no idea what they were giving us as far as the pour goes. From the next day on, we ask for singles as we will be drinking throughout the day.

even without the package  DH  says his drinks were substantial  he needed extra mixer added

• Like 1