Dear Carnival, PLEASE Bring Back Chia Seed Pudding!

ShakyBeef

I understand that cutbacks are necessary in these times.  I understand also, that chia seed pudding may not have been a hugely popular item.  But, in case it might be worth notice and consideration, I am making my official, heartfelt  plea here: please, Carnival, bring back your chia seed pudding!  My eldest daughter, 20, along with her sister, 16, have been begging for another cruise over the last year or so.  I went ahead and booked one for March 2023 for their sake.  Then a bunch of cutbacks were announced, including the elimination of chia seed pudding from the Sea Day Brunch menu.  As the cutbacks came along and I warned my family about them, my daughter said "I don't care as long as they still have chia seed pudding".  I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was gone.  And still don't.🙁  So, please, Carnival, save me here - bring back chia seed pudding as a pay-for item on the Sea Day Brunch menu.  Before March, please.  I'll gladly pay $10 per pudding to make her happy little cruise memory continue.  Please?🙂

Anyone else with me? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I understand that cutbacks are necessary in these times.  I understand also, that chia seed pudding may not have been a hugely popular item.  But, in case it might be worth notice and consideration, I am making my official, heartfelt  plea here: please, Carnival, bring back your chia seed pudding!  My eldest daughter, 20, along with her sister, 16, have been begging for another cruise over the last year or so.  I went ahead and booked one for March 2023 for their sake.  Then a bunch of cutbacks were announced, including the elimination of chia seed pudding from the Sea Day Brunch menu.  As the cutbacks came along and I warned my family about them, my daughter said "I don't care as long as they still have chia seed pudding".  I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was gone.  And still don't.🙁  So, please, Carnival, save me here - bring back chia seed pudding as a pay-for item on the Sea Day Brunch menu.  Before March, please.  I'll gladly pay $10 per pudding to make her happy little cruise memory continue.  Please?🙂

Anyone else with me? 

I wish you the best of luck in this endeavour!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Sorry, but if I get one ask, I 'll fight you for the breakfast filet mignon back. Your request seems reasonable enough. Chia pudding can't be that costly, is it? Perhaps it wasn't popular?

I admit, it may not have been popular.  But let's admit: the ingredients aren't expensive and those that aren't used in other dishes served onboard are shelf-stable (chia seed, for instance can be stored for at least 5 years).  If they bring it back as a pay-for item (John Heald can even put a positive spin on an announcement about its return😜), it can be turned into a revenue-producing item even if only a few are sold per sailing.  I'm just putting it out here with (slim) hope, since saying nothing will definitely get me/my DD nothing.

And, FWIW, I'm with you on bringing back the filet for the steak & eggs.    

Edited by ShakyBeef
redundant statement

I took my first Carnival cruise shortly after they slashed the sea day brunch menu - booked before, so I had been looking forward to items on the old menu, including the chia seed pudding. Since it can't have been that expensive to make, my guess is it just really wasn't popular and/or enough people had sent it back they just decided to cut their losses (I would be slightly worried the consistency would suck if ordering on a ship).

BTW, you know chia seed pudding is really easy to make, right? If your daughters like it that much? That and overnight oats are my go-to filling breakfasts that can be ready to go in the morning w/ no effort.

Edited by allinwonderland
  • Thanks 1

I suggest asking your waiter or a head waiter if that's something they could make for you.  My husband loved rice pudding and mentioned once to a waitstaff that he was sad it was no longer available.  He said no problem & specially had it prepared for him the next day!  Doesn't hurt to at least ask.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, allinwonderland said:

I took my first Carnival cruise shortly after they slashed the sea day brunch menu - booked before, so I had been looking forward to items on the old menu, including the chia seed pudding. Since it can't have been that expensive to make, my guess is it just really wasn't popular and/or enough people had sent it back they just decided to cut their losses (I would be slightly worried the consistency would suck if ordering on a ship).

BTW, you know chia seed pudding is really easy to make, right? If your daughters like it that much? That and overnight oats are my go-to filling breakfasts that can be ready to go in the morning w/ no effort.

Yeah, I know it's easy to make, thanks.🙂  I've made it and it's good homemade, but somehow not quite the same as the Carnival recipe, and not quite the same as having a favourite cruise treat on a cruise, even if it tastes exactly the same at home, it doesn't really taste the same, know what I mean?😄  It may have been dropped because it wasn't that popular, but it was consistently good, over many cruises.  Our whole family enjoyed it, but my eldest DD really loved it.

12 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Plenty of bacon in the MDR for breakfast.  Every day.

On our last cruise, dining in the dining room for breakfast took forever.  We got the wrong items, and then wait staff never even came back to our table to see how things were, drink refills, nothing.  Ended up just leaving and still trying to get food somewhere else.  Most awful experience I have had on Carnival when dining in the MDR for any meal.  

Sea Day Brunch used to be one of my favorite things about Carnival. It was always such a nice way to start a relaxing day. The cutbacks on that menu have been so stark that I think the regular breakfast menu in the dining room is better. On my Christmas cruise, we went on our first sea day to Sea Day Brunch and never returned. Huge disappointment. 

And  yes, I always looked forward to the chia seed pudding and that was one of the many things I wish was still on that menu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

OH NO they got rid of the Chia Seed Pudding?? 😢 There is practically nothing I Iove on that menu anymore. I'm not sure if it was popular but I agree, it's delicious and I ordered it every time. So I'll join your petition to bring it back! Also bring back the Hey Pork Chop!!

Edited by Yellowbird75
  • Thanks 1