Club Continent Suite Noise?

Ajbike

Good Afternoon All,

We are booking the Croatia Intensive, sailing on the Pursuit in October. Our TA got us a great deal on a Club Continent suite, but as as I was checking out availability I noticed they are all on Deck 8 , below the pool deck. Has anyone had experience with these, how is the noise level into the room?

Thanks,

4 minutes ago, Ajbike said:

Good Afternoon All,

We are booking the Croatia Intensive, sailing on the Pursuit in October. Our TA got us a great deal on a Club Continent suite, but as as I was checking out availability I noticed they are all on Deck 8 , below the pool deck. Has anyone had experience with these, how is the noise level into the room?

Thanks,

There's a whole load of info on individual suites in a spreadsheet in the Azamara Cabins topic/thread.

3 minutes ago, Ajbike said:

Good Afternoon All,

Thanks,

Currently on Onward in CC suite 8033 no noise and I might add a very quiet cabin with no major creaking type noises. Maybe after White Party or end of pool day tidying up maybe an occasional noise from above. No problem.

8056 was quiet.  I'd think most of the CC suites aft of the rear elevator would be.

1 hour ago, Ajbike said:

Good Afternoon All,

We are booking the suitesIntensive, sailing on the Pursuit in October. Our TA got us a great deal on a Club Continent suite, but as as I was checking out availability I noticed they are all on Deck 8 , below the pool deck. Has anyone had experience with these, how is the noise level into the room?

Thanks,

8056 was quiet for 24 nights.  Aft of the rear elevator they are generally quiet.

We were in a Club Continent suite last January on the Quest. Lovely suite, but we were jolly aware of furniture being moved about on the pool deck-- very loud scraping noises, mostly in the morning. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact cabin number, but it was midship. 

As others have mentioned, it is very location-dependent. We were lucky enough to have been upgraded to Onward 8056. There was a little bit of trolley noise in the early morning. After a day or two, we both just clocked it as “umm, must be morning, trolley rolling across Windows Café floor, time to go back to sleep”. It was not very intrusive. 

2 hours ago, lisiamc said:

As others have mentioned, it is very location-dependent. We were lucky enough to have been upgraded to Onward 8056. There was a little bit of trolley noise in the early morning. After a day or two, we both just clocked it as “umm, must be morning, trolley rolling across Windows Café floor, time to go back to sleep”. It was not very intrusive. 

Were you on the November 12th cruise back to back to Miami? If so, you were our next door neighbour. We were in 8054 for the Nov 12th cruise moved for the TA

Reading the spreadsheet, the same suite can have a complaint about noise from above by one guest and assurance that there was no noise by another.  It may be due to different cruises, or different thresholds of perceiving noise.  The one area I would be most worried about is under the Patio [8053, 8055 and 8057 on three ships; 8045, 8047, 8049 on Onward]

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Reading the spreadsheet, the same suite can have a complaint about noise from above by one guest and assurance that there was no noise by another.  It may be due to different cruises, or different thresholds of perceiving noise.  The one area I would be most worried about is under the Patio [8053, 8055 and 8057 on three ships; 8045, 8047, 8049 on Onward]

Bang on!  8051 also suffers from time to time with carts rolling to and from a galley 

• Like 1

We have recently been in 8045 on Pursuit. Furniture on pool deck moving is usually quite brief, but quite noisy. The preparations for White Night, and immediately after are the worst and most prolonged.

We also occupied 8049, again on Pursuit  earlier this year, and it was much the same.

In both suites heavy-footed individuals can also be heard stamping about on the pool deck above, often quite early in the morning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking at Italy Intensive on Quest in April 2024. We had hoped this far out there would be CC on deck 7, but no - only the two handicapped rooms are open. I had our TA check and she confirmed. There are, however, many available on Deck 8. Knowing the pool and dining situation above, I am hesitant but from a lot of reading on this thread it seems aft is the best bet from a noise standpoint.  
our TA suggested that she could book one of the handicapped cabins, with the understanding  that we could get bumped - which I would expect and totally understand  if someone who needed it was booking. 
My question is, would you take that roll on the dice, or would you take your chances with noise on deck 8? 
Thank you 

14 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

We are looking at Italy Intensive on Quest in April 2024. We had hoped this far out there would be CC on deck 7, but no - only the two handicapped rooms are open. I had our TA check and she confirmed. There are, however, many available on Deck 8. Knowing the pool and dining situation above, I am hesitant but from a lot of reading on this thread it seems aft is the best bet from a noise standpoint.  
our TA suggested that she could book one of the handicapped cabins, with the understanding  that we could get bumped - which I would expect and totally understand  if someone who needed it was booking. 
My question is, would you take that roll on the dice, or would you take your chances with noise on deck 8? 
Thank you 

CC suites are on deck 8.  The only CC suites on other floors are all handicap suites. We have sailed a number of times in CC suites now on deck 8.  If there is noise, it is usually rolling carts overhead for short periods of time.  If you are sensitive to noise, as my DH is, we just bring a small portable sound machine and that blocks out any noise.  We do favor aft cabins as it is quieter.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1

Have been in Club Continent Suite #8033 on Onward for eleven nights now. Maybe three noises from above entire cruise and that was prepping for White Night. I’ll also add it’s been one the quietest cabins we have had in over 500 days at sea. 
Must have been well built as no squeaking, groaning noise during rough seas.

We will be in this cabin for 155 days on 2023 World Cruise.

Can’t wait!🛳

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you 

Don't go for the handicapped suites. Too close to the lifts stairs and hence noisy!

Edited by blag
Typo

12 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Have been in Club Continent Suite #8033 on Onward for eleven nights now. Maybe three noises from above entire cruise and that was prepping for White Night. I’ll also add it’s been one the quietest cabins we have had in over 500 days at sea. 
Must have been well built as no squeaking, groaning noise during rough seas.

We will be in this cabin for 155 days on 2023 World Cruise.

Can’t wait!🛳

Onward has suites further forward than Quest. On Quest 8033 is NOT a suite!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blag said:

Don't go for the handicapped suites. Too close to the lifts stairs and hence noisy!

Having been in them and also on deck 8 I would take deck 6 out of choice. Never ever heard noise from stairs or elevators on Azamara (actually also so on Deck 7 though no cc suites by the lifts there). However I have suffered from noise above on deck 8 

• Like 1

We have had cabins near the elevators and stairs on many ships and never had any noise problems.  Maybe on 'booze cruises' on other lines there would be tipsy passengers around the elevator lobbies, but this is not likely on Azamara!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, uktog said:

Having been in them and also on deck 8 I would take deck 6 out of choice. Never ever heard noise from stairs or elevators on Azamara (actually also so on Deck 7 though no cc suites by the lifts there). However I have suffered from noise above on deck 8 

I disagree totally.

The constant 'chime' of the lifts, and revellers and inconsiderate passengers made these suites intolerable for us.

2 minutes ago, blag said:

I disagree totally.

The constant 'chime' of the lifts, and revellers and inconsiderate passengers made these suites intolerable for us.

You must have very good hearing.  None of that was audible inside our cabins.

• Like 4