Voyager 1/6-1/15

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahh...we switched!  We were Aruba yesterday, and Bonaire today.  Did not get the rain you did (so far) but very warm and humid today.  

Yes, we avoid the DL for that reason...preferring to use our vouchers at various bars...VCL bar being our favorite.  

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and thanks for the review.  🙂 

Enjoy your trip. 

• Like 1

Wandered around Aruba today. NCL was also in port so streets crowded.  Waits to get on trolley,  which is running.  We pull out at 9 pm but Epic left by 5.  The Freewinds is also in port but didn't see any  passengers.  This is Scientology's floating academy based in Curacao.  Tomorrow at sea and Cheers with an officer.  They are also doing backstage tours tomorrow.   Officers definitely more visible and interactive.  Hope they return to lunch with an officer.  That's about it for now.  Any more questions?

18 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Wandered around Aruba today. NCL was also in port so streets crowded.  Waits to get on trolley,  which is running.  We pull out at 9 pm but Epic left by 5.  The Freewinds is also in port but didn't see any  passengers.  This is Scientology's floating academy based in Curacao.  Tomorrow at sea and Cheers with an officer.  They are also doing backstage tours tomorrow.   Officers definitely more visible and interactive.  Hope they return to lunch with an officer.  That's about it for now.  Any more questions?

The passengers are there on Freewinds...but have never..ever..once seen the small ship leave Aruba  port.  Plus you don't see a lot of anyone going on or off the ship.   Notice the heavily loaded three large dumpsters next to the ship as well.  😵

NCL Epic is next to us right now in Cuacao....indeed very busy in town.  Huge (and IMHO...not very pretty ship).   

Quiet sea day today. Barbados tomorrow.  Just some notes. From 4-5 by the pool, near WJ you'll find hamburgers and hot dogs.  Pizza is down on deck 5 p,us other snacks.  Back on pool deck you'll find soft serve ice cream until 8 pm.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

That is the one thing I miss on Radiance class ships....the promenade.  

Which this week has been very crowded.  Found out why so many families. The schools in Puerto Rico don't resume classes until 1/17!    Arrived Barbados this morning.  Will head our soon.  There are 3 other ships in port and we're far from terminal so they are running shuttles.  Other ships are an Aida, a Tui and Club med 2.  I did create a stir with officers yesterday after the cheers with officers lunch where there were a few "service" dogs in attendance,  one of which was wandering around the dining room.  These are obviously pets. I know Royal has to comply with ADA but there's got to be some rules.  Precovid I thought they had tried to ban these pets but they are back. 

• Like 3

I’ve seen a couple of the “service” dogs as well, including a German Shepherd…probably the biggest one I’ve seen in all my cruises.

Totally makes sense about the PR school schedule.  Asked my wife what she thought the percentage of Spanish speaking guests was and she said 75%. 

The Tui ship next to us is the old Splendour.

In other news, got this delivered today.

962F63E6-EFB9-46E5-B6A0-34299FE84D3C.thumb.jpeg.485d028e9b9c8423a5817e5c1f96fad5.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I’ve seen a couple of the “service” dogs as well, including a German Shepherd…probably the biggest one I’ve seen in all my cruises.

Totally makes sense about the PR school schedule.  Asked my wife what she thought the percentage of Spanish speaking guests was and she said 75%. 

The Tui ship next to us is the old Splendour.

In other news, got this delivered today.

962F63E6-EFB9-46E5-B6A0-34299FE84D3C.thumb.jpeg.485d028e9b9c8423a5817e5c1f96fad5.jpeg

Looks good.  Btw we should meet.  Ideas?

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Which this week has been very crowded.  Found out why so many families. The schools in Puerto Rico don't resume classes until 1/17!    Arrived Barbados this morning.  Will head our soon.  There are 3 other ships in port and we're far from terminal so they are running shuttles.  Other ships are an Aida, a Tui and Club med 2.  I did create a stir with officers yesterday after the cheers with officers lunch where there were a few "service" dogs in attendance,  one of which was wandering around the dining room.  These are obviously pets. I know Royal has to comply with ADA but there's got to be some rules.  Precovid I thought they had tried to ban these pets but they are back. 

That is terrible.  True service dogs don't wander the dining room...they have to stay next to their person to be of service.  Shame on these pax that take advantage of the system with their pets...which is a slap in the face to those that really have service dogs and a true reason to need them.  Shameful. 😠    I really wish RCI would require a proof of certificate for those dogs.  

Once again, thanks for your review...and great info about the school schedule.  Wow...that is a long school break!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

Absolutely!  I’ve been up in the Viking Crown at times in the evening…we’ve been eating about 6:30-7:30ish…what time would be convenient for you?

We're heading to lunch on 5. Pizza and?  No afternoon plans. Dinner late. 

4 hours ago, njkruzer said:

I looked at school calendar in Puerto Rico and all show they went back to school on the 9th. Not sure why the say the 17th. All area schools show the same. 

5 hours ago, njkruzer said:

That is totally inappropriate and I would have had to say something as I’m allergic to dogs and would have ended up sneezing like crazy and itching at my eyes

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I’m hanging out in the Schooner Bar on 4 for a little bit if you’re still around!!

Just came down from Viking Crown and dh is out wandering. I have a few things to do. We have late dinner.  We'll have to keep trying. 

• Like 1

Just now, HolyShip! said:

Who's the cruise director and activities director?

Has crazy quest been on your cruise?

What have the theme nights been?

Cruise director is Rob from UK. Not sure about activities director but will try and find out. No news on Quest. Usually last night.  Tonight is Caribbean night. Don't think we've had others. Last 2 nights were late sailings,  8:30ish. Today was 5, which might make a difference in scheduling.  I'd like to promise that I'd scan Cruise Compasses when we get home but probably won't have time.   Will see what I can do.

32 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Cruise director is Rob from UK. Not sure about activities director but will try and find out. No news on Quest. Usually last night.  Tonight is Caribbean night. Don't think we've had others. Last 2 nights were late sailings,  8:30ish. Today was 5, which might make a difference in scheduling.  I'd like to promise that I'd scan Cruise Compasses when we get home but probably won't have time.   Will see what I can do.

Thanks. So no 70s night or white party?

Has Love and Marriage gameshow been on?

Curious also if there is a white party? Silent disco? Did you pay for the internet package or do you go to the hot spots? Thought I read this. I don’t care about internet but husband wants it so I haven’t really paid attention to info. On it.