LIVE- Valiant Lady- 1/14/23-1/22/23

MeganGC1983

On the road… let’s talk airport parking. If you’ve followed along before, you’ll know we are big Parking Spot users. Not this time… Parking Spot wanted $8.25 per day to park for DFW. DFW remote south was only charging $4.50 per day. Seems like a no brained for 9 days. I did factor in the Parking Spot loyalty information. These 9 days weren’t going to get us any free days or raise our priority, so there weren’t any reasons to pay more to stay with the Spot. Looks like DAL parking will mean parking at the Spot, but not DFW. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

See Free Alcohol doesn't do anything for me lol, But if free soda is included i am down lol. 

And I'm not sure which camp you fall in, but I was really excited to find out that not only is it included in the cruise fare, but Virgin uses Coke, not Pepsi!!! Win Win!

EDIT: already mentioned by others- didn't read far enough before posting!

Edited by Shaded Lady
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

And I'm not sure which camp you fall in, but I was really excited to find out that not only is it included in the cruise fare, but Virgin uses Coke, not Pepsi!!! Win Win!

EDIT: already mentioned by others- didn't read far enough before posting!

You didn’t ask me, but I’m #teamcoke If we are really getting serious, I’m #teamdietdrpepper 

But I don’t drink a lot of soda. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

You didn’t ask me, but I’m #teamcoke If we are really getting serious, I’m #teamdietdrpepper 

But I don’t drink a lot of soda. 

Did you see Tom Hanks' new cocktail? The "diet cokagne" pronounced cocaine? Apparently it's half champs half Diet Coke. Allegedly tastes like cherry coke. I'm counting on you to report back. 😂

• Haha 3

Just now, _tacocat_ said:

*cries in Californian* I’m paying $18/day at LAX, and that’s with my corporate discount!!!

Haha I thought the same thing, I'm flying out of our little local airport next month that only Frontier flies out of and it's $8/day, I think the cheapest lot at Newark is like $21/day. The cheapest off site I found was $18/day. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Funsince1983 said:

Haha I thought the same thing, I'm flying out of our little local airport next month that only Frontier flies out of and it's $8/day, I think the cheapest lot at Newark is like $21/day. The cheapest off site I found was $18/day. 

Guess you don't want to hear I'm paying $2.51/day for near-offsite parking at Houston George Bush Airport in October???

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Funsince1983 said:

Did you see Tom Hanks' new cocktail? The "diet cokagne" pronounced cocaine? Apparently it's half champs half Diet Coke. Allegedly tastes like cherry coke. I'm counting on you to report back. 😂

What?!? 🤔 Why would you ruin perfectly good champagne with anything other than juice in the am? This disturbs me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, odie1024 said:

Safe travels, look forward to your review as always. So lucky to have TB on your team, hopefully next year the Pats will get back into the game, kinda sad our season is over. Will be on my cruise for the SuperBowl and was hoping I could be screaming for the Pats. 

Getting Tom has been a dream. We don’t always get along, but I’ll never bet against him. 

• Like 4

Have a great flight Megan! We're here in Fort Lauderdale today, and now it's sunny and 81 degrees. There are showers in the forecast for this afternoon. Then the temps are going to drop. Might be only 60 when we board our ships tomorrow. That's shorts weather for us in Jersey and I'm sure in Oklahoma. 😎

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 1/11/2023 at 7:37 PM, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Yeah the pricing for Virgin is absurd. That is what has kept me away so far. 

On 1/11/2023 at 2:10 PM, Saint Greg said:

They're absolutely nuts though. $3,400 for one person in an inside cabin on this cruise.

They do have sales often... I was able to book an XL Sea Terrace for about $1300 total, and with $400 in Sailor Loot...

• Like 6