LIVE- Valiant Lady- 1/14/23-1/22/23

MeganGC1983

We have opted to go to checked bags and 1 carry on. I hate to pay for it, but I also don’t wanna stress over it. My main suitcase is packed sitting at 37 lbs even. I’ll throw my daily stuff in the carry on. My personal item will be my beach backpack plus my computer so I can work. DH is all ready set to buy things in Puerto Rico. He’s got a shopping list. That feels backwards lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We have opted to go to checked bags and 1 carry on. I hate to pay for it, but I also don’t wanna stress over it. My main suitcase is packed sitting at 37 lbs even. I’ll throw my daily stuff in the carry on. My personal item will be my beach backpack plus my computer so I can work. DH is all ready set to buy things in Puerto Rico. He’s got a shopping list. That feels backwards lol

Might want to check pricing, if you can, before you go. Might be higher.

5 hours ago, canes20 said:

giphy.gif

Just don't try to take it off yourself. I had bought something in London several years ago and when I got home discovered the same type of security tag on it. I literally put it in the drawer (It was a stupid cotton sleeveless t-shirt) and left it for about a year before looking at it and spent two days trying to pry the f**king thing off. I had to crack the plastic off then use pliers to bend the metal pin and shear it off. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, HeyJut said:

Glad to be here following. Wishing you a great cruise and hope you don’t have to work too much.

Thanks! I don’t mind working much. It’s fun. I meet great people, and I can travel anywhere there is wifi. I feel like I’m always on call, but that’s my choice. I rather be available than not! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Just don't try to take it off yourself. I had bought something in London several years ago and when I got home discovered the same type of security tag on it. I literally put it in the drawer (It was a stupid cotton sleeveless t-shirt) and left it for about a year before looking at it and spent two days trying to pry the f**king thing off. I had to crack the plastic off then use pliers to bend the metal pin and shear it off. 

Yeah I know, from working in retail, some have ink that explodes. I don’t wanna chance it. It’ll take 5 minutes to go in and get it removed. No worries. Plus I’m gonna try on the smaller size. I’m on the first hook, tightening wise with that top. I don’t want it to be too tiny in the front, but too loose is bad too. I got a large for the frontal area. My width isn’t large so it’s always a give and take. That’s a lot of information to explain that after my kids and post weight lost, I got that area fixed so my sizing is off. 😆🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I heard some of them have black ink that squirts out if you try to remove it without that special doohickey thing.

Edit to add: Never mind, just read Megan’s post.  

Edited by luvcruzing
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 1:45 AM, Shaded Lady said:

Even if this weren't true, THANK YOU! I needed to hear this, since this guy had me absolutely terrified that everywhere would be jammed and we'd never get to eat or watch what we wanted!

It is totally true.  He used to work for a different cruise line and thinks he knows everything.  He continues to post negative cruise reports and videos about VV, but keeps booking new sailings with them.  If things were really so awful on his dates, why does he keep booking?

My sailing was great and I booked more.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yes, suitcases got paid for last week sadly. Added the carry on Sunday. I miss Southwest. 😞😆

Was talking about pricing at the store in San Juan.  Since everything has to be shipped in, it might be higher.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

@MeganGC1983 I'm looking at bidding for a Rockstar suite... which one did you bid on and why?

I bid on a Serious Suite and a sweet aft suite… mostly because I was comfortable spending that amount. I wasn’t crazy about spending $1500 more on this cruise. 
And I’m thinking my bid NOT get accepted because they all looked to be gone today. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I did just submit the basic amount for an XL sea terrace. I need a bigger bathroom lol 

We already have a Sea Terrace XL but thinking of trying the Rockstar Serious Suite just for grins... and the perks.

One question- some of the Mega Rockstar suites talk about an unlimited bar, but the Serious Suite says it includes 'some selected beverages'... any clue what that means?

• Like 2