How to make a complaint

That kinda depends on the complaint.  Onboard issues are best addressed onboard. Pre-cruise, post-cruise, accounting, reservations....

On the UK NCL website there should be listings for contacting various departments. 

22 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Please advise ...to whom do I make a complaint .

We are in the UK .

Thanks,

To whom? NCL? Cruise Critic? If we don't know the nature of the complaint we can't direct you in the correct direction.

25 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Please advise ...to whom do I make a complaint .

We are in the UK .

Thanks,

You really need to complain whist onboard. That is where they can be addressed. 

The “Contact Us” link on the NCL web page allows you to message post-cruise guest services. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, room with a view said:

Thanks, everyone ...it's a complaint not dealt with by Guest Services on the recent Christmas/New Year Cruise . 

I'll give the listed NCL contacts a go .

Interesting. Just so that I understand. Did Guest Services not deal with the complaint, or are you just unhappy with the resolution and looking for another bite at the apple?

Its hard to image you presenting a problem to Guest Services where their response was "We are not dealing with that".

5 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Interesting. Just so that I understand. Did Guest Services not deal with the complaint, or are you just unhappy with the resolution and looking for another bite at the apple?

Its hard to image you presenting a problem to Guest Services where their response was "We are not dealing with that".

The problem was not solved by Guest Services ... they did what the could but it is something that needs to be brought to the attention of someone/some department further up the line.

25 minutes ago, room with a view said:

The problem was not solved by Guest Services ... they did what the could but it is something that needs to be brought to the attention of someone/some department further up the line.

Again, not solved or not solved to the solution that you wanted? I can understand further up the line...did you bring the Guest Services Manager in on it? The Assistant GM or the General Manager on the ship? Did you ask any of the above to relay your concerns to shoreside personnel?

20 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Again, not solved or not solved to the solution that you wanted? I can understand further up the line...did you bring the Guest Services Manager in on it? The Assistant GM or the General Manager on the ship? Did you ask any of the above to relay your concerns to shoreside personnel?

Does it matter?

The OP asked a question and has had their answer. They clearly aren’t here to discuss or sensationalise their issue, so why not let them just get on with it now they have some contacts that they requested.

• Like 11

Suggestion:  Be very brief.  Facts only, no opinions or sensationalizing.  Clear statement of exactly what you want.  

Like it or not, be aware that you will get at most 10 seconds of attention from whomever gets that e-mail.

13 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Suggestion:  Be very brief.  Facts only, no opinions or sensationalizing.  Clear statement of exactly what you want.  

Like it or not, be aware that you will get at most 10 seconds of attention from whomever gets that e-mail.

And, a concise, well reasoned inquiry will likely receive a an equally well reasoned response.

18 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Does it matter?

The OP asked a question and has had their answer. They clearly aren’t here to discuss or sensationalise their issue, so why not let them just get on with it now they have some contacts that they requested.

Thanks, Keith ...seemed like I was being hammered for asking a question ... I'm going to put a general "don't make the same mistake I did " on the Forum .... and wait for the flak !!!!!

18 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Bullet point sections as well helps. A sample format below allows the reader of the email to easily see the 3 main areas of why there is now an email occurring.

Issue:

Bullets

How it was addressed onboard (include actions you took as well):

Bullets

Why you are now writing:

Bullets

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, J0Y0US said:

Bullet point sections as well helps. A sample format below allows the reader of the email to easily see the 3 main areas of why there is now an email occurring.

Issue:

Bullets

How it was addressed onboard (include actions you took as well):

Bullets

Why you are now writing:

Bullets

Thanks ...very helpful . Wish I had brought home a Freestyle Daily from the Sun ... I need to see the Good to Know page and the Safety Information .