boarding pass

richardAnn

1 hour ago, richardAnn said:

does anyone happen to know when the digital boarding pass shows up where will it be found in the medallion app

Supposedly, the QR code on the App is your so called BP, according to PCL verbage on their website.

You fill out everything on the App, then you’re in the green lane.  THEN, once you pick an arrivals group, which can be loaded anywhere 59 to 12 days before sailing.  You will then see your QR code appear on the App.  You can’t miss it, shows on the top of your screen for that cruise on the App.

Not really necessary, at this time.  But, it looks good.  🙃  They don’t really check this at the port, maybe eventually. I like to get it all done before sailing, but that’s just me.

Edited by PacnGoNow

28 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Supposedly, the QR code on the App is your so called BP, according to PCL verbage on their website.

You fill out everything on the App, then you’re in the green lane.  THEN, once you pick an arrivals group, which can be loaded anywhere 59 to 12 days before sailing.  You will then see your QR code appear on the App.  You can’t miss it, shows on the top of your screen for that cruise on the App.

Not really necessary, at this time.  But, it looks good.  🙃  They don’t really check this at the port, maybe eventually. I like to get it all done before sailing, but that’s just me.

The humorous part of the QR code is that it can disappear just before the cruise since the app has not figured out that our local time is not GMT. Last month we were on the way to port and, according to the app, the ship had left 4 hours previously.

8 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

We have sailed 3 times with the app and NOONE has ever looked at the qr code

Your medallion is your "boarding pass"if you are in the green lane 

Guards at the door demanded that they see it before we were allowed to enter the terminal in Barcelona this past October.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chrysalis said:

Guards at the door demanded that they see it before we were allowed to enter the terminal in Barcelona this past October.

They wanted to see the QR code?  Or the medallion?  We've been asked MANY times to show our medallions by shore security personnel...

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

They wanted to see the QR code?  Or the medallion?  We've been asked MANY times to show our medallions by shore security personnel...

We didn't have medallions....we had yet to receive them. They wanted to see QR Codes

23 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I pick up my Medallion at checking, this will be interesting.

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

We didn't have medallions....we had yet to receive them. They wanted to see QR Codes

What about those who either do not have smart phone or have app problems and wait until they are at pier?

25 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

What about those who either do not have smart phone or have app problems and wait until they are at pier?

Same as any other port, they should always print out their travel summary, have their passports in hand.  If they don’t speak English, someone there will be able to translate.  If they did have their OM, getting it before leaving the US, then they could show their OM.  

2 hours ago, chrysalis said:

On our last cruise the QR code disappeared while we were on our way to the port since the app thought the ship was on GMT not PST. It claimed the ship had left hours before so there seemed to be no need for a QR code.