The Cunard King Charles?

gkbiiii

2 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Will the next Cunard vessel be the King Charles, with Charles as the Godfather of the vessel?

Who is to know when the next Cunard ship will be built. Will King Charles still be king then and if he is I very much doubt they would name a ship after a King.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Who is to know when the next Cunard ship will be built. Will King Charles still be king then and if he is I very much doubt they would name a ship after a King.

I agree it is likely to be a Queen not a King but which one only time will tell. 

Edited by Lanky Lad

HMS Ark Royal, many castles, HMS Iron Duke, RRS Sir David Attenborough sort of blows some of these statements about ships being female out or the water.

Crystal also has Crystal Bach, Mozart, etc.

Hurtigruten’s Roald Amudsen, etc.

The list goes on! 

Edited by swjumbo

3 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

HMS Ark Royal, many castles, HMS Iron Duke, RRS Sir David Attenborough sort of blows some of these statements out or the water.

The list goes on! 

I don’t follow. Surely they reinforce the point? Ships can be called anything they like - well, probably not something offensive - but are still referred to as she, though I’m not sure that applies in all languages.

1 hour ago, swjumbo said:

HMS Ark Royal, many castles, HMS Iron Duke, RRS Sir David Attenborough sort of blows some of these statements about ships being female out or the water.

The list goes on! 

Perhaps so but the Op is specifically asking about naming a Cunard ship Long Charles and the answer would be no. Doesn't matter what other countries or cruise lines name ships that is not what was being asked.

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Perhaps so but the Op is specifically asking about naming a Cunard ship Long Charles and the answer would be no. Doesn't matter what other countries or cruise lines name ships that is not what was being asked.

My post related to other contributors not the OP!