Coco Beach Club

bigque

For those of you that have been there before how did you like it?? Did you think it was worth the price (currently $169.99 per person for my upcoming cruise later this year). How is upgraded lunch?? Plenty of chairs and umbrellas?? I have drink package so no issues there. I usually just get a couple of loungers and umbrellas on the beach. 

• Like 1

We've been to Coco Cay twice now. First time we booked the beach club (just hubby and I), got there early and snagged 2 good chairs close to the water. We had a great day! The food was awesome - just be prepared for a sit-down meal as it's a full-service restaurant. fyi, you need to reserve your time for lunch so stop by as you come in to make a reservation. We were there again last month with friends so we decided to get a beach cabana in another area instead of doing the beach club, which i think for 4 people was a good choice. We loved having the cabana, waiters brought us drinks and food all day (food wasn't as good, just burgers, etc. but it was fine for us), and it worked out a little cheaper to rent the cabana than for 4 of us to do the beach club. I would also check how many ships are there. For us, we were the only ship, but if there are 2 ships it would definitely be crowded all over Coco Cay and in that case i would definitely do the beach club because they limit how many people can go in. Have fun!

• Thanks 1

I enjoy the area and only you can say whether you want to spend the money on a more secluded club than the free areas on the island.   

Pre-covid I was booking this area for $46/pp.    Yes, they have done some upgrades to it and is a nice area with a nice lunch (filet and lobster are some of your choices).    The pool area is nice but the in-water pool loungers tend to fill up early.   Plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach.   

I booked for $79 pp for a Sept 2023 cruise last fall.    And have not booked for any other cruises that are selling this area for over $100 + pp

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bigque said:

For those of you that have been there before how did you like it?? Did you think it was worth the price (currently $169.99 per person for my upcoming cruise later this year). How is upgraded lunch?? Plenty of chairs and umbrellas?? I have drink package so no issues there. I usually just get a couple of loungers and umbrellas on the beach. 

We have been to CocoCay 5 times since restart. Admittedly, we did go to Coco Beach Club a couple of times (after a knee injury where I wanted somewhere I could catch a cart from the ship to the club, limited walk into the club and to the beach). 

My personal take is that it is a lot of money for little return. I am perfectly fine with a lounger and umbrella on Chill Beach and the buffet lunch. 

Yes, there are plenty of loungers and umbrellas, but that is true of Chill Beach. And are you willing to spend $170 for a lobster lunch on the beach. 

16C67C39-6FA7-4178-B7D0-BFEC7D73F6EA.thumb.jpeg.c93dcd725fc295bf0b733d9ed968c384.jpeg023714EC-C2B8-4B30-A35F-8E974F66A316.thumb.jpeg.36eccfb0c9820144bbc642dee810e7e5.jpegB340590E-DA3A-4E40-93FA-D0C6262C4764.thumb.jpeg.d5abc13eaccb399eec460d6b42a80abe.jpeg373CF256-6FB3-4A56-9A7F-12E15A0C4902.thumb.jpeg.c1974ee762be7482e8fd96753c14ca32.jpeg74B7BB9B-0C7E-41CA-957B-29E9C7CC62EB.thumb.jpeg.fcafc9b94381824ab43626bc4cda5f3a.jpegB03462D4-5CC2-4D6E-8B2B-66E72D5FEE74.thumb.jpeg.8eb29aef79164b6e538468e0617a8083.jpeg1C284209-1515-41D2-BABB-DB4C6F6F0BAB.thumb.jpeg.60b1df4cafe81eac5ef7ea250616c720.jpeg91313576-DFD9-4C06-A58C-F6AFB702AB51.thumb.jpeg.d259369b36101409ba7e524d9a36ce7c.jpeg

• Haha 1

I just purchased the last Chill Island Full Day Beach Bed which holds up to 4 people (it's now sold out). There are 6 adults so we'll trade off.  I'm disabled and I just needed a place where I could lay down if wanted and even nap.  It was pricey but I think it's well worth it.  Now I can relax and not worry about where I'm going to station myself once I'm there.  We've never been to Coco Cay before so I'm kind of going into this blind, but

I feel good about it.  

• Like 1

I don't know.  If it was $75 a person, maybe.  I am waiting for Hideaway to open.  Curious how much that will be.  We have a coco cay stop in November so I've been checking prices.  Husband and I were actually thinking about doing the waterpark if price is right.

I'll be sailing on Freedom of the Seas in February.  Coco Cay Beach Club is currently pricing at $223.99/person (10% off the $249.00/person standard pricing).  There will be two ships in port that day.  I'm hoping the price comes down to below $150.00/person, but I don't think so given how close my sail date is.  I presume entry is not worth $223.99/person, correct?

I was just there and I thought it was worth it at Christmas time when there were 2 full ships at Coco Cay (Mariner and Oasis).  It was very quiet/peaceful and the pool was heated.  When I've been at Coco Cay in the past in the winter, the water (pool/water park) was freezing.  The day we were there it was very windy and where the club is located, it is insulated from the wind, so it felt warmer.  The ocean was also chilly for me this trip.  The lifeguards at the pool were telling the kids no splashing/rough housing in the pool. My two teens enjoyed it and said they would go back.

I enjoyed the lunch, upgraded loungers and everywhere you turned there was someone to take your drink orders.  When we arrived in the morning, they had a drink stand with coffee/tea/water and pastries.  My husband and I are going back in February and I did pay the $170, which is about the max I would pay for it.  

I took my mom (88 yo) to Coco Cay on a day both Liberty & Freedom were in port, and we arrived on island close to 11am.  We were able to find lounge chairs with umbrella without issue-- just not at water's edge.  There were plenty of open lounge chairs.  I was the one that walked for the food at the buffet, and it was just a lot of people.  Plenty of food, but personally I don't like the crowds.

So on a Liberty trip in December by myself I purchased the Beach Club to avoid crowds.  I valued the relaxed, less hectic atmosphere, and the sit down lunch was good.  The club offered friendly and attentive service both for lunch and bar service throughout the day.  I enjoyed it so much that I stayed several hours longer than I originally planned.  In all, I found value in the approx. $86 price I paid during a sale.

On two Oasis class cruises I've booked, I'm not willing to pay $179.  But apparently others are, if you believe the website which says only one spot left.  Instead I'll just enjoy the ship's peacefulness on those days.

Been there once.  Meal was good, great service.  But past that, its just really the same old beach day.  And the day we were there, it was very windy, blowing everything around.  No one was on mats in the water and very few if any were in the ocean. 

I'm not knocking them for the weather.  But, at the end of the day, its just a beach place with a pool and bar.  The meal is the only thing that makes it stand out.  Definitely not a $200 pp day.

We just had a fantastic day at Coco Cay without paying a single penny.  We got out early and grabbed a front-row seat at Chill Island -- perfect!  The taco lunch at Chill Grill was good.  

I'd consider $50 to be a huge splurge for this upgraded experience.  

I’m not paying more than $60 for upgraded food and a place to sit. I paid a reasonable amount right after start up from COVID but didn’t like it enough to go again. They are asking over $250 on my Odyssey cruise in April! I almost spit water on my lap top when I saw that. 

I'm perfectly content not paying a single dime on CocoCay. It a great spot with plenty free things to do. The snack shack has better food than the buffet, in my opinion. The “free” pool is much nicer and I’ve always found room to sit at the beach or the pool- even with two mega ships docked. 

• Like 1

I’ve been to coco cay 3 times in the last couple years including a rare overnight stay at the island. I would look to see how many ships are at the port for your sailing. If 2 larger ships are there it’s worth it to get away from the crowds no matter the price! If only one ship then it’s more personal decision but we love it.

FYI it’s currently at a sale price of $302.99 a person for our June 2024 cruise….

For our February 2023 Anthem cruise, we snagged this for half price at ~ $87 per person during this last Black Friday sale. 

I know that we can enjoy the day without any upcharges, but I like the idea of eliminating any planning/guess work for our first visit to Coco Cay. We are in a regular balcony cabin, don't plan on much specialty dining, so we like the idea of a bit of upscale treatment, especially at that price 🙂

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, teddie said:

For our February 2023 Anthem cruise, we snagged this for half price at ~ $87 per person during this last Black Friday sale. 

I know that we can enjoy the day without any upcharges, but I like the idea of eliminating any planning/guess work for our first visit to Coco Cay. We are in a regular balcony cabin, don't plan on much specialty dining, so we like the idea of a bit of upscale treatment, especially at that price 🙂

Teddie

Drinks aren't included unless you have a package. Just nice lunch.

• Like 1

We also were able to snag it for the Black Friday sale price of $88. We got there early and snagged a day bed by the pool. For that price I would do it again if it was just me and hubby. The lunch was fantastic and it was peaceful and not crowded at all despite Anthem and Indy both being there. I would not pay for the kids to go with us as I don’t think they would appreciate it. For over 100 per person, I don’t think I could justify the cost. 

• Like 1

We went in December.  Snagged a Black Friday deal at $89 pp.  It was worth that but not more.  The ocean was too cold to swim in that day but the pool was nice.  It was heavy overcast the entire day and poured rain for about 15 minutes.  The food was great.  2 ships that day and it didn’t come close to being crowded.

Coco Cay doesn’t require you to spend any money to have a great day.  We’ve done no cost days and Beach club days.  Our enjoyment is pretty much the same although lunch and the pool are pretty great at the beach club.  But I wouldn’t pay that price and over $200 is crazy. 

We try to do this every tie except once when a friend sailing on same ship had an overt the water cabana.  And the first time we went there. Not crowded.  Loungers and umbrella were plentiful. Pool is a nice dipping pool. Waitstaff works loungers but aren't intrusive.   Lunch was great.  You get the shuttle for return before it gets too crowded.  Bathrooms start out clean but tend to get a bit dirtly as day goes on.  However, they're better than the trailers down by the cabanas.