Does anyone know how this new scheduling of boarding times work?

We haven't cruised since before Covid.  I got an email from Royal saying it's time to Check in for our Voyager of the Seas on Jan 29.  Not realizing there are now "scheduled" boarding times, I did not act immediately.  Well today, I did check us in and the scheduled times started at 3;30.  We usually try to get on board by noon or so.  We are also in a Grand Suite, so priority boarding used to be a thing.

Does anyone have any experience with this new fangled way on boarding the ship?

I'm perplexed.

• Like 1

Your check in time is not the same as boarding the ship.   Check in is when you are in the terminal and go to the counter with your documents.  When you are done there, you walk onto the ship as long as the ship is available to board (people with very early check in times may have to wait until boarding is opened). 

29 minutes ago, CruisinRoxy said:

We haven't cruised since before Covid.  I got an email from Royal saying it's time to Check in for our Voyager of the Seas on Jan 29.  Not realizing there are now "scheduled" boarding times, I did not act immediately.  Well today, I did check us in and the scheduled times started at 3;30.  We usually try to get on board by noon or so.  We are also in a Grand Suite, so priority boarding used to be a thing.

I'm perplexed.

4 cruises in 2022, three on Royal and boarding times never checked. One on Disney and they are enforcing boarding times. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well we boarded Voyager earlier today. We came early, like noon, because I kept getting texts to allow plenty of time at the Pan Am Pier due to heavy marine traffic.  Whatever that means. And guess what? No one at all even looked at the check in time! Several people looked at and scanned the SeaPass on our phones and no one even noticed that we were 3 hours early!  All the agonizing wasted.  What a relief! Many of you cruisers said likewise. So thank you.  

Well that’s that.  Just a little update for anyone else that’s concerned. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruisinRoxy said:

Well we boarded Voyager earlier today. We came early, like noon, because I kept getting texts to allow plenty of time at the Pan Am Pier due to heavy marine traffic.  Whatever that means. And guess what? No one at all even looked at the check in time! Several people looked at and scanned the SeaPass on our phones and no one even noticed that we were 3 hours early!  All the agonizing wasted.  What a relief! Many of you cruisers said likewise. So thank you.  

Well that’s that.  Just a little update for anyone else that’s concerned. 

We will be on Voyager in 5 weeks. Can you please post if there are any Comedy shows, quest or any entertainment that is happening?

On 1/10/2023 at 3:20 PM, CruisinRoxy said:

I'm perplexed.

Show up when you want, go to the Suite & Pinnacle line & check in. They didn't say anything 2 weeks ago about our time.

On 1/29/2023 at 6:35 PM, renza said:

We will be on Voyager in 5 weeks. Can you please post if there are any Comedy shows, quest or any entertainment that is happening?

There were 2 production shows featuring Broadway tunes.  Dancers and singers are very talented.  There was an acrobatic duo from Ukraine who were excellent. And a dance group from Argentina who did tango and flamenco. They were awesome too.  But some of these are onboard for a limited time.  There was supposed to be a comedian but I guess ne didn’t show up. Who knows why 

I know nothing about Quest.

Theres an excellent entertainer in the Schooner bar almost nightly.  She’s a piano player singer.  Kind of like a Sing a long.

Things may change though.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Depends.   

If you follow the rules and believe others should as well:   "show up at your boarding time".

If you believe rules are just guidelines and are ok to break when you are spending $$$ then:  "show up whenever you want and enjoy the chaos".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2