What's going on with Royal Caribbean?

ksuyen

11 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

When cruises re-started but the crew were still masked and not allowed off of the ship at any port, we asked several crew members what they would like from the U.S., as we were returning to the same ship a few weeks later. The number one request was hot sauce! Since they couldn't get any meals in ports and the ship meals were getting boring and bland, most of them wanted the hot sauce to spice things up a bit! We brought a case of hot sauce back with us and passed them all out to those that wanted some. Tom even had to go get his luggage from the naughty room to show them what that "liquid" was inside. LOL!

I hope they appreciated it.  I'm sure they did.  Great compassion shown by you guys.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2023 at 10:05 PM, Firestation46-121 said:

Ouch, just checked Carnival as you suggested. Seems the reviews on Carnival Paradise are harsh. Perhaps due to the age of ship?

I would like an unobstructed cabin balcony and keep it +/- $2,000 for 5 or 6 days west Caribbean

any suggestions for a better Carnival ship ?

thanks!👍

Check out MSC, they sail out of Canaveral and Miami.  Not that they are “better”, but they are different, since they are an Italian cruise line. Their pricing structure allows for budget cruising up to luxury cruising.

We have been on 5 MSC cruises with 2 more this year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

The pizza that was delivered was not what I expected.  It didn't taste bad, just not what I expected.  I fully expected a huge circular mound of cheese dripping, sauce, spices, and meat (Peperoni and onions, for me).  That's not at all what I got.  But, I ate it and enjoyed it but not as much as an American style pizza. 

It's kinda like Chinese food here in the U.S. and Canada, some of it doesn't even exist in China or are serious variations of it.  But, I love it.

I agree with you. Pizza between italy and the US and even UK is totally different. Same as UK bacon and american Bacon. Or even Indian curry and our british versions of curry. Saying that always good to try different varieties of the same food. But most of us me included  like to stick with what we are used too. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ret MP said:

No, I mean the ones that aren't in the location where one should find the menu, like the links I posted.  If I don't have a cruise booked, but I'd like to see the menu and other things about a specific ship/cruise, can I see the planner?  NO!  Hell, the cruise I do have booked in Jan 2024 doesn't even show the restaurants, in the planner, on the Harmony.  

My whole underlying point throughout all my posts/sarcasm/complaining is about RCCL's Landside operations and IT.  The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

image.thumb.png.09bcd700cc69fd49c4f79c8df997701f.png

I can see absolutely nothing in the planner or the app for my Dec 2023 cruise. Doesn't bother me at all. I'm low maintenance 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Odyssey,  but Wonder is the same

Freedom has Giovanni's Italian Kitchen as well. I like this "Italian" variation better than Giovanni's Table or Jamie's. It was fantastic on Wonder this past week. We sat outside in CP and I had fantastic seats for the show. Pool water, on formal night, randomly dropping down and soaking people as they walk by. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Thanks Fred.  But, that's exactly what I don't want to do.  Call me too cautious but I don't want to get a program that I have to sign-up for and then do a few other things just to see a picture that is too easy to just right click > Copy Image> than right click> Paste.  

47 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Is there anyway you can post an actual picture.  This is an unknow type file, at least to me, that has to be saved to a drive rather than showing in the post without saving to a drive.

Its a download, can't post the actual pic.  Off my iphone....sorry  Just click on it and then open the file

OK I made paint files

Caribbean Dream pizza from Sorrentos.jpg

Onion Soup.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Thanks Fred.  But, that's exactly what I don't want to do.  Call me too cautious but I don't want to get a program that I have to sign-up for and then do a few other things just to see a picture that is too easy to just right click > Copy Image> than right click> Paste.  

Agree. Too much effort to see the picture. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Its not a program. Its a website. If you already downloaded the heic, upload to website to open.

7 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Pizza between italy and the US and even UK is totally different.

I'm sure that's absolutely true as well as different in Mid America from NYC, etc etc.  But all I know is this had a fairly thin crispy crust and was absolutely delish.  But I love pineapple on anything.

Edited by BecciBoo

5 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Problem is that file type wont open on an android or pc.

Okay the pictures are viewable now in the post.  Thanks BecciBoo.

However, that still bugs me.  On an iPhone, if you view a picture on the phone, isn't there a way to just capture the screen and save it as a jpg?  I know that on my Android phone, I just hold down the volume and on/off key for a second and it's saved as a jpg, I believe.  Then post it in the/a site.  Or does Apple make it tough, as usual, and save it as that file I've never heard of before and won't work on an Android device or non-Apple laptop/desktop unless converted?  However, my daughters send me photos from their iPhones without a problem, on their part or mine.