Question about check-in and eDocs

kstrittm

I completed the check-in process today for a cruise 21 days out.  Upon completion, there was a message stating that I would be notified when the eDocs are ready. Does anybody know how long that typically takes?  Thanks in advance…

Usually within a day or two, but don’t expect any notification. Just log back onto your account tomorrow and tap on the eDocs link and see what happens.

However, when we finished checking in last week, the eDocs link never activated. So on the 3rd day of waiting, we logged onto the online Chat function and asked if there was an issue. Come to find out after we finished the checkin process, a sync error had occurred which took the rep about 2 minutes to fix. Then it took another 24 hours for the eDocs link to activate in my account.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

57 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

I completed the check-in process today for a cruise 21 days out.  Upon completion, there was a message stating that I would be notified when the eDocs are ready. Does anybody know how long that typically takes?  Thanks in advance…

By tomorrow morning it will be available online. You will receive an email after. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

By tomorrow morning it will be available online. You will receive an email after. 

We checked in last Sunday and link for our docs our docs appeared the next day. Never received an email. (Maybe because we accessed the docs via the link?)

On 1/14/2023 at 7:40 PM, dbrown84 said:

And even if they never show up, no biggie.  Just show up.  I didn't complete online check-in for my last cruise, so I didn't have any edocs to download.  No problems at all 

Don't you need the eDocs to be able to access and print luggage tags? I checked in about 28 hours ago. Still waiting for the eDocs link to be active. The page says my check-in is 100% complete. I like to have the tags printed and attached to luggage before I leave the house. Too hectic at the pier for my blood pressure!

If you don't see the edocs available within 48hrs of completing check-in, either call them or use the chat feature to inquire. It should really be <24 hrs, so anything more than 48 means it's a problem on their end.

You don't HAVE to have them, but it certainly speeds up the check-in process at the pier when you've got them out, ready, and all your documents organized. We're usually in/out in <20 minutes including the line to get to the front desk.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sandyshore said:

Don't you need the eDocs to be able to access and print luggage tags? I checked in about 28 hours ago. Still waiting for the eDocs link to be active. The page says my check-in is 100% complete. I like to have the tags printed and attached to luggage before I leave the house. Too hectic at the pier for my blood pressure!

You may want to consider doing what I mentioned at post #3 using the online NCL Chat option .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sandyshore said:

good question, and I don't know that answer.  I never check my luggage